No announcement yet.

Prospects You Were Incredibly Wrong About

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought dexter jackson was going to be a stud.

Comment

Percy Harvin and Troy Williamson.

I thought that Williamson would end up being what Percy Harvin is now. And I thought that Percy would end up being what Troy is now. If that makes any sense.

Comment

Good call on Charles Rogers...he was one of my favorites as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by steelersfan43 View Post
          I dont see how anyone could have ever thought Jamarcus Russel would be good.
          There wasn't much not to like. Aside from work ethic concerns, with were just rumors at the time, he had few weaknesses. He was big and relatively mobile, had phenomenal arm strength, was very accurate, performed well in big games (much, much better than Quinn), and put up excellent numbers playing in the top defensive conference in college football. Like I said, the biggest concern was the work ethic rumors (which ended up being true) and those hadn't been proven at that time.

Comment

Gallery: my list of tackle prospects in my life time would look like this

Robert Gallery
            the rest

Vernon Gholston, Brady Quinn, and Darrelle Revis can all be chalked up as monster fails
            E]

Comment

Shonn Greene is one I definitely failed on. Whilst I saw he was a mini bowling ball, I thought his speed would prevent him from catching on like Tony Hunt...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                When evaluating prospects, my preferences have changed over the years too. I put more emphasis on measurables now than I did in the past.

I used to be all about the overachievers. Now I rather reach for an athlete.

For example, the guys Ive loved as middle round prospects in the past 2 drafts: Michael Johnson, Geno Atkins, Greg Hardy, Clint Ingram, Mike Wallace, Jimmy Graham, all these guys have great measurables.
                I have changed my tune on this as well. I too was all about the "winners" and guys who just got it done...so what if they had a slow 40?

But seeing what a couple of guys with elite measurables can do on my team (Cutler and his arm, Knox and his speedzz,) I've changed my tune as well. Having those type of players just allows you to do so much more...it really opens up the playbook.

Comment

I'm terrible at WRs. I thought Mark Clayton and Chad Jackson were gonna be good.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                    When my buddy texted me that the Titans picked Chris Johnson, I punched my prom date in her face.
                    Your prom was in April?

Comment

Brady Quinn - Not ashamed to say, was a huge Quinn fan.
                      Matt Ryan - well I thought the type of season he had his rookie year would be his best, maybe it will end up being that.
                      McFadden - So far anyways, still holding some hope.
                      Mike Williams - Had no idea he was so damn lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
                        Your prom was in April?
                        Only here would that be mostly ignored, and then when it is finally recognized, this is the first question that gets brought up... I love it, haha.
                        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          David Carr, William Green, Byron Leftwich, Kevin Jones, Chris Perry, Jamarcus Russell, Chris Houston, Ko Simpson.

I loved Braylon Edwards and Robert Meachem as well. They're a different level of disappointment, though. Braylon was good for one year and Meachem is actually pretty dangerous now. I just thought he'd be a super star by now.

I cant stand Braylon these days, though. He and Roy Williams fell fast.
                          Can't believe I forgot about Braylon. I had him as the surefire, top overall prospect in that draft class, and thought that SF should pass on both Smith and Rodgers for him.

Comment

Charles Rogers is another player that failed because of work ethic. He was a legit, top end speed guy. When he tried out for the Chiefs just four years into his career he ran a 4.9.

Comment

Brady Quinn. Yeah
                              Robert Gallery. If he wasn't drafted by the Raiders, he might have been a Pro-bowler.
                              Devin Hester, who I thought would be a useless pick, was the best weapon the Bears had on their Super Bowl run, and is now a receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                                Charles Rogers is another player that failed because of work ethic. He was a legit, top end speed guy. When he tried out for the Chiefs just four years into his career he ran a 4.9.
                                Dude was going to be a beast in the NFL. Hard to believe his NFL career only consisted of 15 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information