No announcement yet.

P.Manning vs M.Vick vs J.Elway..Most talented Prospect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peyton isnt close to the other two really.

He was polished but had the big game struggles, some questioned his arm a little (only because it was compared to leafs), and mostly people thought he mightve been a finished product or that he was 'self made' still not sure what the hell that means but i remember hearing it.
    Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
    Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

Sam Bradford

but for real I'd say Vick

Comment

I say this is Elway in a landslide.

Comment

Elway for sure, then Vick, then Manning. Manning wasn't even the consensus in his draft, it was like 60/40 him and Leaf.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
            most talented prospect? vick.

best prospect? elway.
            This.

Vicks speed, arm, and agility package is unheard of, but Elway is the better prospect. Elway had an equal or better arm than Vick and was no slouch of a runner.

If I had the #1 pick I would always take Elway every time. He is as close to a perfect QB prospect as you can get.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              I say this is Elway in a landslide.
              Meh. Vick was way faster and could throw the ball just as well. If you're assuming talent means physical ability, there's no world in which Elway could be considered any significant margin ahead of Vick. I personally would say that Vick was clearly more talented.

If we start factoring intelligence in this, the discussion changes a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                Elway. Mixture of the other two. Although 99% of this board was not following the draft in 83. Including me.
                Yeah, all I know about Elway in college is that he played for Stanford, I never saw him play in college, just the pros.

From the scouting reports I've read about Elway since then, most scouts up until that time had never seen a prospect like him; the strongest arm many had ever scouted, 6'3, and elite speed at the time for a QB, running a 4.6 forty.

It's really hard to do this without a little bit of their pro careers coming into play.

Based purely on measurables, I think Vick's 4.2 - 4.3 speed would have intrigued me more than either Elway or Peyton.
                Last edited by FUNBUNCHER; 09-04-2010, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I have but it still wasn't close. Have you forgotten what Vick could do with the football in his hands?? I think his Eagles yrs are blocking your memory.

And for the young bucks who missed out seeing Cunningham play in his athletic prime in Philly, I feel bad for you cause you really missed out on witnessing the greatest individual show on turf.

IMO Cunningham was overall a more effective dual threat QB than Vick ever was.

There's a reason why Cunningham's nickname was 'the ultimate weapon'.

The separation is mainly that Cunningham was a much more effective passer than Vick, not their running ability.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                    most talented prospect? vick.

best prospect? elway.
                    I second this.

Manning shouldn't even be in this discussion. Talent wise he can't even SMELL either of the other two's jock straps.

Comment

And Vick almost has 4,000 in 6 seasons with the Falcons with his last season being 1,039 yards. And he missed 11 games one year.

I'm hearing you, but its not close to me. As my first post said, a good bit of RBs and WRs are not able to run like Vick.
                      I think people will like this comparision... Cunningham is more of a Dennis Dixon runner. Quality, but not even close to Vick.

Comment

Vick is the best runner at the QB position the NFL has ever seen, and probably will ever see, but he's a far cry from the best dual-threat QB to ever play in the NFL.

Staubach, Tarkenton, Elway, Cunningham, McNabb and Steve Young for my money were the best in the game at combining passing and running ability.

Vick had the tools, but for the most part was the NFL's greatest tease.

Comment

People can say Vick is more physically talented than Peyton all they want, but there's no way in hell he goes ahead of Peyton in an actual draft.
                          aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Michael Vick was the most physically talented out of the three, by far.

If we consider intangibles and intelligence in the equation? It's John Elway pretty easily, he has a better arm than Peyton Manning by quite a way and clearly had a better grasp on the QB position than Michael Vick ever had.
                            "TELL MARTZ I SAID F*CK HIM!"
                            17/10/2011

Comment

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                              I second this.

Manning shouldn't even be in this discussion. Talent wise he can't even SMELL either of the other two's jock straps.
                              it might not be a physical talent but peytons ability to read defenses, make the proper adjustments and his leading ability to get everyone focused and on the same page is a talent non the less and a clear edge for peyton over the other 2 esp. vick....remember the question isnt whos the more physically talented for if it was anyone not saying vick would be wrong.

Comment

The only people who would pick Vick in this debate are those who think running is the most important talent a QB can have. Elway and Manning clearly had better talents for playing the position of QB.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information