Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Network's Top 100 players.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    Yes I was overreacting dude, figured that much was obvious. And yea, sure, let's talk about Cribbs and Hester because you know, their also elite cover CB's that shut down any and every WR they face and shut down one side of the field.


    Great comparison right there. Compare him to return men who are average at best at their actual positions.
    You show me where I compared them to Deion as a CB. I compared them to him for the purpose of refuting your one ridiculously stupid sentence. That should have been painfully obvious to you, seeing as how that's the only sentence I quoted.

    Don't take stupid pills and argue with me. I'll demolish you.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      I'm tired of people elevating these players from the 50s and 60s. In basketball and football. Unless you are 60-70 years old then you have no business talking about Jim Brown. Who did he play? How many teams were there? What was the talent level across the league? I have no clue, but if I had to guess he was probably the only real athlete in the whole league at the time. My hatred of old timers isn't limited though, I feel the same way about Wilt, Oscar Robertson and Babe Ruth. Basically all the so-called sacred cows don't mean anything to me. I don't adhere to the unquestioned law that one must rank so and so #1 with no critical thought.

      I bet Steven Jackson would have put up 20,000 career yards in the 1960s NFL.
      What have you done for me lately mentality much?

      Magical sig by OSUGiants

      SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


      Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

      So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

      Comment


      • Was it 39 - 20 this week? if so can anyone get me the updated list?
        Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji


        DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

        Originally posted by njx9
        oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

        Comment


        • Can anyone get me a gif of Deion Sanders slapping Mooch in the face b/c of his ranking?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Monomach View Post
            You show me where I compared them to Deion as a CB. I compared them to him for the purpose of refuting your one ridiculously stupid sentence. That should have been painfully obvious to you, seeing as how that's the only sentence I quoted.

            Don't take stupid pills and argue with me. I'll demolish you.

            I never said you compared them as being a CB, but you brought up a stupid point. You started talking about guys who you could make an argument for that are better return men like that meant something. Every person you listed made a living as a return man, Deion made a living as a CB and shutting down WR's, he doubled as a return man. What was the point of you bringing up guys who were good at doing 1 thing well in a thread talking about the top 100 players of all time?'



            But yea, keep being coy and trying to act like a 12 year older since you "demolish people". I'm sure of it. Seeing as how you mentioned the names of Josh Cribbs and Devin Hester in this thread. That's about as stupid as you saying how good of a receiver Emmitt Smith was and me bringing up Patrick Crayton and David Patten because they were better WR's, I mean look at their stats!


            I already told you I was exaggerating with the comment, I didn't think it would be took so seriously that you would be talking about taking stupid pills and demolishing people lol.


            You've seemed angry since your first post about Deion anyway, didn't know this was a touchy subject for you.





            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Monomach View Post

              Don't take stupid pills and argue with me. I'll demolish you.
              This has sig quote potential. Mine already has a few otherwise I would use it, someone should take advantage.

              Bonekrusher.

              Originally posted by JordanTaber
              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

              Comment


              • Peter King mentioned in MMQB that Alex Rodriguez is presenting Dan Marino and Derek Jeter has the honours for Tom Brady on the next show - 30-21.

                Comment


                • Comment


                  • Originally posted by boknows34 View Post
                    Peter King mentioned in MMQB that Alex Rodriguez is presenting Dan Marino and Derek Jeter has the honours for Tom Brady on the next show - 30-21.

                    NFL.com has revealed who gets named at number 21 on this week's show.

                    Number 21 is...?

                    A few clues on the end credits suggest Bob Lilly and a Steeler are also on the 21-30 list.
                    Last edited by boknows34; 10-19-2010, 08:21 AM.

                    Comment


                    • List is updated. Tom Brady ahead of Dan Marino and John Elway. Could go either way in my opinion. Peyton Manning ahead of all three of them? I don't agree.

                      "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ness View Post
                        List is updated. Tom Brady ahead of Dan Marino and John Elway. Could go either way in my opinion. Peyton Manning ahead of all three of them? I don't agree.
                        The NFL world sucks peyton's di*k for I reason I can't fathom. The dude has 1 ring in 11 tries, and is in probably one of the best environments for a QB in NFL History.

                        Call be a Manning hater, but the dude isn't in my top 50.

                        Why does he get a pass on his AWFUL playoff record..

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                          The NFL world sucks peyton's di*k for I reason I can't fathom. The dude has 1 ring in 11 tries, and is in probably one of the best environments for a QB in NFL History.

                          Call be a Manning hater, but the dude isn't in my top 50.

                          Why does he get a pass on his AWFUL playoff record..
                          This is what I think ultimately screws him. His average playoff record. Four MVP honors, but one Super Bowl victory. I believe how the media plays into it as well really effects the perception for others. He shouldn't be ahead of Tom Brady at least in my opinion.

                          "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                          Originally posted by Borat
                          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                            The NFL world sucks peyton's di*k for I reason I can't fathom. The dude has 1 ring in 11 tries, and is in probably one of the best environments for a QB in NFL History.

                            Call be a Manning hater, but the dude isn't in my top 50.

                            Why does he get a pass on his AWFUL playoff record..
                            A ring, only 4 time MVP, has basically run that entire offense for almost his entire career..........

                            Magical sig by OSUGiants

                            SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                            Originally posted by Job
                            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                            So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                              A ring, only 4 time MVP, has basically run that entire offense for almost his entire career..........
                              But you can't dismiss his average playoff record. And he's had a lot of helpful weapons throughout his career...not no-names like David Givens and Deion Branch. Plus he's played in a dome for the majority of his career.

                              While you have someone like Tom Brady, a two time Super Bowl MVP, won three out of four Super Bowls, has played in Foxborough for his entire career, has a much better postseason record, and has not played with the likes of Harrison, James, Clark, and Wayne on the same team at the same time. The only thing that Manning trumps him in is consecutive games started (Brady has started a ton though) and regular season stats.

                              "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                              Originally posted by Borat
                              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                              Comment


                              • Postseason numbers:

                                Manning:
                                18 games (9-9)
                                435-692
                                62.9%
                                5,164 yds
                                28 TDs
                                19 INTs
                                7.46 ypa
                                87.6 QB rating
                                1-1 Super Bowl record (1 MVP)


                                Brady:
                                18 games (14-4)
                                395-637
                                62.0%
                                4,108 yds
                                28 TDs
                                15 INTs
                                6.45 ypa
                                85.5 QB rating
                                3-1 Super Bowl record (2 MVP)


                                Favre:
                                24 games (13-11)
                                481-791
                                60.8%
                                5,855 yds
                                44 TDs
                                30 INTs
                                7.40 ypa
                                86.3 QB rating
                                1-1 Super Bowl record (0 MVP)



                                Regular Season:

                                Manning:
                                4 MVPs (1 shared)
                                1 OPOTY
                                5 1st team All-Pro
                                3 2nd team All-Pro
                                10 4,000 yd seasons
                                5 30 TD seasons (incl a 49)
                                7 seasons with 95+ QB rating
                                3 seasons with 100+ QB rating (incl a 121.1)


                                Brady:
                                1 MVPs
                                1 OPOTY
                                1 1st team All-Pro
                                1 2nd team All-Pro
                                2 4,000 yd seasons
                                2 30 TD seasons (incl a 50)
                                2 seasons with 95+ QB rating
                                1 season with 100+ QB rating (incl a 117.2)


                                Favre:
                                3 MVPs (1 shared)
                                1 OPOTY
                                3 1st team All-Pro
                                3 2nd team All-Pro
                                6 4,000 yd seasons
                                9 30 TD seasons (incl a 39 and 38 )
                                4 seasons with 95+ QB rating
                                1 season with 100+ QB rating (in 2009)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information