No announcement yet.

Phillip Rivers >>>>> Aaron Rodgers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want that out there before the season starts.

Rodgers is the best under 30 QB in the league that I can think of right now at 9:39 AM.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I love, love Philip Rivers. I think we will see him light it up this year, even without Vincent Jackson. That said Aaron Rodgers is legit and I would bet a lot that his numbers will look better at the end of the year.

Comment

I totally agree, but making these types of threads is pointless.

Comment

I love, love, love Philip Rivers (won me over forever with that ballsy playoff game on two busted knees against Indy with no Gates or LT).

HOWEVER, other than when he plays Indy, he's been pretty abysmal in the playoffs. He's got a 3-4 record (two of those wins came against bigger choke artist Manning), 8 TDs, 8 INTs, a 79 rating and two inexcusable collapses at home (2006 vs. Pats, 2009 vs. Jets).

I know, I know, not everything is on the QB, but his postseason performance is completely substandard to the regular season. He needs to beat somebody other than Indy.

Aaron Rodgers doesn't even enter the conversation of elite QBs until he wins a playoff game. Love the dude, love his talent, love his numbers, and I think he'll have a great year. But let me know when he wins a playoff game.
          Last edited by yourfavestoner; 09-09-2010, 11:17 AM.

Comment

So, you don't have to be an elite quarterback to win a playoff game... but to be an elite quarterback you must win a playoff game?

Rodgers was elite last season & he'll be elite this season. He's the one player I think has legitimate potential to take Manning's reign as best Quarterback in football. Right now Drew Brees is up there, but he's only been in this conversation for two years; Rodgers is next.

Philip Rivers is a great player, a Top 5 Quarterback; still, I'm with the group of people that believe Rodgers could easily be the best player in football after this season.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              I love, love, love Philip Rivers (won me over forever with that ballsy playoff game on two busted knees against Indy with no Gates or LT).

Me too, I'll never forget that game. It was simply amazing watching him hobble around out there knowing he could be wrecking his career, and he had a really good game on top of not being able to plant all that well. Though it's pretty tough to get a good look at his playoff resume since he has Norv Turner as his HC and I don't know that I really trust him to gameplan properly in the playoffs either so I'd give him alot of the blame for early playoff exits.

This will be a big year for both though. I want to see how Rivers adapts without Vincent Jackson and if they fold early again in the playoffs, and if Rodgers can win a playoff game(not that the game last year was his fault, but he still needs to win one).

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

This Aaron Rodgers dick sucking fest is amazing.

Matt Ryan > everyone

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                  This Aaron Rodgers dick sucking fest is amazing.

Matt Ryan > everyone
                  Seriously? I think we might just have a biased Vikings fan on our hands folks. Who would have thought, a Vikings fan who hates Aaron Rodgers.

Call me crazy but I'll take the guy who threw for 8 more touchdowns, 1/2 the interceptions, 1500 more yards, completed 8% more of their passes, had 1.7 more yards per attempt and also had 4 more rushing touchdowns. But again, I might just be crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Werowance View Post
                    Seriously? I think we might just have a biased Vikings fan on our hands folks. Who would have thought, a Vikings fan who hates Aaron Rodgers.

Call me crazy but I'll take the guy who threw for 8 more touchdowns, 1/2 the interceptions, 1500 more yards, completed 8% more of their passes, had 1.7 more yards per attempt and also had 4 more rushing touchdowns. But again, I might just be crazy.
                    Just watch, Matt Ryan is gonna go for 38 and 13 this year.

Comment

I like how you can be in the discussion for best QB without putting up the best yards, completion percentage, touchdowns, or win any superbowls, or lead the top ranked offense.

I thought you had to be the most statistically dominant, or "just win" but apparently you just gotta be top 5 and not win.
                      Originally posted by SNIPER26
                      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                        I like how you can be in the discussion for best QB without putting up the best yards, completion percentage, touchdowns, or win any superbowls, or lead the top ranked offense.

I thought you had to be the most statistically dominant, or "just win" but apparently you just gotta be top 5 and not win.
                        Drew Brees isn't good, the Saints just used wacky voodoo magic to win games.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post

Stick to that opinion & let yourself be shown up. Anyone that has not forseen a breakout from Aaron Rodgers didn't watch football a year ago. The guy made major strides & is just about as good as it gets in every major aspect of playing the Quarterback position. I didn't say he was the best LAST YEAR; in fact, few would argue that a year ago Drew Brees or Peyton Manning was the best.

People are projecting him to be the best this year.
                          Last season Aaron Rodgers had good receivers (not great, good) but a treacherous Offensive Line, especially early in the season. He rarely had ample time to throw & teams came at him. Still, he managed to cement his name among the Top 5 QBs in the game in only his second season as a starter.

He routinely torched the best defenses in football (see Baltimore, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Minnesota)

Baltimore - 26-40 263 yds 3 Td 2 Int
                          Cincinnati - 21-39 261 yds 1 Td
                          Pittsburgh - 26-48 383 yds 3 Td + 1 Rushing Td
                          Minnesota - 26-37 384 yds 2 Td 1 Int
                          Minnesota - 26-41 287 yds 3 Td

So, in five games against 4 of the top 6 defenses in football he put up 1,578 yds 12 Td 3 Int. But, no, he couldn't have been elite last season... he lost a playoff game in which he threw for 423 yds 4 Td's, completed 67% of his passes, and ran for a Td. Quarterbacks who can't suck it up and line up at Safety have no business being elite apparently.

In 2010 his Offensive Line is healthier, deeper, and has added First Round pick Bryan Bulaga as insurance early on. He has a breakout Tight End in the making with Jermichael Finley, who could likewise rise to the cream of the crop for his position with a big season. His young receivers: Jennings, Jones, and Nelson all have another year of experience with Rodgers under their belt & should only be more comfortable this year. He should still have a pretty strong running game with Ryan Grant as the team's bell-cow.

So, what is the problem with picking Aaron Rodgers to be a Top 1-2-3 Quarterback in 10'? We can all pretty much agree he wasn't a Top 2 guy last season, but he wasn't far off & he should only get better.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                          - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                          www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Both of these qbs have to prove to me that they're capable of excelling in the playoffs.

Like YFS said, Rivers outside of playing Indy (who has a mediocre defense) hasn't done well in the postseason. And Rodgers has looked amazing, but I just need to see a larger sample size.

I won't put that loss on Rodgers to Arizona, but let's not forget, before the sack/TD, Rodgers had a wide open Greg Jennings deep to win the game in OT and just flat out missed him.

So they both need to show more when it counts.

Comment

I would contend that the Vikings secondary is ******, the Steelers weren't an elite defense, and those numbers against Cincy and and Baltimore aren't indicative of a torching.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                Aaron Rodgers is the best qb in the league without a SB.

Its Rodgers, and honestly, its Rodgers by a pretty fair margin.
                                I think that is taking it a little to far.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information