Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Brady highest-paid player in NFL history

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
    Dude ignore this guy, hes continuously all over Mannings nuts and a Brady hater. Logic doesnt make sense to him.



    Abbadon =

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Splat View Post
      4,398 yards 28 TD's 13 Int's.

      Ya he sucked last year they should have just cut him instead of giving him a new deal...
      Because saying he was barely top 10 is the same thing as saying he sucked.

      He looks better & more fired up this preseason, and last year looked like a guy who was just not in football shape. He started out rough and really took a nosedive (statistically) in the last few weeks of the season.

      Even with that, he finished 5th in total yards, 7th in ypg, 6th in TDs, and 9th in QB rating. "Barely top 10" . . . ????
      Manning, Rivers, Rodgers, Brees, and Favre were all unquestionably better than Brady last year. Schaub, Romo, Eli, Roethlisberger, and Warner were all arguably better and out of them I would say Roethlisberger, Schaub, and Romo were better. That puts Brady as the 9th best QB in the league last year (imo), 6th would be the best argument you could make for him. Barely top 10 last year is a valid statement whether you like it or not.

      Dude ignore this guy, hes continuously all over Mannings nuts and a Brady hater. Logic doesnt make sense to him.
      I had a feeling this would turn into calling me a troll because *gasp* I use facts in my arguments instead of just saying crap that has nothing to do with right now like, "Hez got da ringzz and winzzz". I also don't understand why you brought Manning up at all?
      Last edited by abaddon41_80; 09-10-2010, 12:13 PM.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
        You seem to be missing my point entirely. All he did was win games before his injury but last year he was 10-6 and barely a top 10 QB. I am saying what Ravens/wizards/orioles said and that is that the Patriots are taking a risk paying him that much because if he plays like he did last year then he is in no way worth that much money. I am just surprised they did not wait at least a few weeks. Was Brady threatening to hold out or something?
        You must not have watched the Patriots, because Brady was definitely a top 10 QB.

        FO had him #1 even though I would disagree with that, it was interesting that everyone was all over his balls and yet he still managed to put up very good statistics against very good defenses.
        **** her in da *****!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
          Manning, Rivers, Rodgers, Brees, and Favre were all unquestionably better than Brady last year. Schaub, Romo, Eli, Roethlisberger, and Warner were all arguably better and out of them I would say Roethlisberger, Schaub, and Romo were better. That puts Brady as the 9th best QB in the league last year (imo), 6th would be the best argument you could make for him. Barely top 10 last year is a valid statement whether you like it or not.
          I never said I liked or disliked it. I quoted it because it makes no sense. He either is or is not top 10. And if he is (which we clearly agree on) then he deserves a big time contract.

          The way NFL contracts work is plainly obvious: The next guy signed gets a bigger contract. Peyton's deal will be equal to or larger than Brady's.

          A perennial top 10 QB is worth that much money.

          Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
          I had a feeling this would turn into calling me a troll because *gasp* I use facts in my arguments instead of just saying crap that has nothing to do with right now like, "Hez got da ringzz and winzzz". I also don't understand why you brought Manning up at all?
          Exactly what "facts" have you used?

          Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by nepg View Post
            Have you seen him at all this off-/pre-season? He's back. Also, Brady had a down year last year by completing 66% of his passes for 4400 yards and 28 TDs... Yeah. If that's a down year, he's worth whatever they gave him.
            Deserved to get paid. 19 mil is a lot of cash though.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
              Exactly what "facts" have you used?
              Manning, Rivers, Rodgers, Brees, and Favre were all unquestionably better than Brady last year. Schaub, Romo, Eli, Roethlisberger, and Warner were all arguably better and out of them I would say Roethlisberger, Schaub, and Romo were better. That puts Brady as the 9th best QB in the league last year (imo), 6th would be the best argument you could make for him. Barely top 10 last year is a valid statement whether you like it or not.
              All undeniable facts.

              Comment


              • #37
                There is no way Brady was "barely" a top-10 QB last year. That is ignorant. Schedule strength does matter when it comes to raw statistics and the 2009 Patriots had the hardest schedule against pass defenses in the entire decade. Brady still put up 4,300 yards and 28 touchdowns, easy.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                  All undeniable facts.
                  Right, but remember, they always can fall back on the ole "he has 3 rings" thing, even though they were like 6-7 years ago at the most recent.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    If anyone would take Matt Schaub, Tony Romo, Ben Roethlisberger or Aaron Rodgers over Tom Brady I would please like for you to get GM jobs in the NFC South for Carolina, Tampa Bay and New Orleans. It would do me a lot of good.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                      All undeniable facts.
                      Wow. Do you realize that every single thing you bolded is opinion, not fact?

                      Heyzues Effin Christmas . . . the "O" in "imo" actually is, by definition of the acronym, the word "opinion."

                      (I'm hoping you did that on purpose, but I'm not quite sure . . . sarcasm font?)

                      Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                        Wow. Do you realize that every single thing you bolded is opinion, not fact?

                        Heyzues Effin Christmas . . . the "O" in "imo" actually is, by definition of the acronym, the word "opinion."

                        (I'm hoping you did that on purpose, but I'm not quite sure . . . sarcasm font?)

                        Not only that, but they are dead wrong opinions. Oh well.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Don't forget, he's taken discounts on his prior contracts... so I look at it as, "I took care of the team, now you take care of me now"
                          I see no problem with it. Like others have said, P.Manning will have a bigger contract.

                          -4300 yds 28 TDs against the hardest pass defense of the past decade
                          -That's on top of returning from an ACL injury.
                          -Two years removed. He should be even better- especially since the strength of schedule isn't as tough this year (I'm assuming)
                          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Let's see how gaudy Brady's #'s are this year if there's no Randy Moss.
                            That's the situation facing Favre missing Sidney Rice for at least half the year.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              ^^^What's that got to do with anything?
                              but if you insist, Brady has already proven that he can thrive without an elite WR
                              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                                I never said I liked or disliked it. I quoted it because it makes no sense. He either is or is not top 10. And if he is (which we clearly agree on) then he deserves a big time contract.

                                The way NFL contracts work is plainly obvious: The next guy signed gets a bigger contract. Peyton's deal will be equal to or larger than Brady's.

                                A perennial top 10 QB is worth that much money.
                                NOTE: I am not saying that Brady is only the 9th best QB in the league but if he continues to play like last year when he was around there then he doesn't deserve that much money. A perennial top 10 QB is not worth $19 million a year, no way. Perennial top 3, definitely.

                                Exactly what "facts" have you used?
                                More referring to the Peyton vs. Brady a couple of users and I had last week but if you want me to bring up numbers on why I think Manning, Brees, Rivers, Favre, Rodgers, Roethieberger, Romo, and Schaub were better last year I will.

                                If anyone would take Matt Schaub, Tony Romo, Ben Roethlisberger or Aaron Rodgers over Tom Brady I would please like for you to get GM jobs in the NFC South for Carolina, Tampa Bay and New Orleans. It would do me a lot of good.
                                The only one I would definitely take over Brady is Rodgers but the other 3 were better last year.
                                Last edited by abaddon41_80; 09-10-2010, 02:01 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information