No announcement yet.

Coaching Arrogance/ Bad Coaching Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovie Smith shouldn't be employed. Brad Childress comes from the Andy Reid school of bad coaching.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Mike Singletary is arguably the worst head coach in the NFL. No coaching experience other than as a position coach. Doesn't know X's and O's, has terrible game management skills, and uses timeouts to give a "rah rah" speech that he'll think will pay dividends. I don't care if Big Bird was our head coach, if Big Bird knew X's and O's and was actually a good strategist, it would be all gravy. Meanwhile, our quarterback with the best potential was downgraded to the practice squad and Troy Smith was signed in his place.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

I'm slowly beginning to see why everyone hated Mike Mularkey towards the end of his run with his teams.

Comment

/thread

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
          12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
            Mike Singletary is arguably the worst head coach in the NFL. No coaching experience other than as a position coach. Doesn't know X's and O's, has terrible game management skills, and uses timeouts to give a "rah rah" speech that he'll think will pay dividends. I don't care if Big Bird was our head coach, if Big Bird knew X's and O's and was actually a good strategist, it would be all gravy. Meanwhile, our quarterback with the best potential was downgraded to the practice squad and Troy Smith was signed in his place.
            I would have to agree with this after this past sunday. The dude uses timeouts at the worst time and when it comes time to use one at the end of the quarter they cant. He just does not seem like he should be an nfl coach. Plus im not sure why he kept going for it on 4th down.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
            Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

Comment

Rex Ryan. End of Thread.
              **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
                I watched way to much of the Panthers v Giants game and I don't know what you saw that gave you any hope of Matt Moore becoming a good QB. Yes, his play calling wasn't good, but when he had time and a chance to make he play, he chose to loft the ball up into triple coverage. Not just once or twice. I saw it at least 5 times (and I was flipping back and forth) where he threw the ball "with touch" into a host of Giant defenders. And the best part of it was he was yelling and getting pissed at the WRs/TEs when they didn't make a play on his horribly thrown balls. He still is very young and doesn't need to get into the bad habit of blaming the rest of the team for his terrible reads and horrible throws. If he isn't careful, Steve Smith will break his f****** jaw if Matt starts yelling at him about a bad route!

Matt Moore had 1 good throw all game, the TD pass to Steve Smith. The only positive for any Panther fan is that Claussen dropped in their lap during the draft and maybe he will have a better future than their Matt.
                Just stop. I'm tired of this stupid argument with people who don't typically watch the Panthers. Starting for us last year he was 4-1, 8 TDs 1 INT, that what gives you hope that he will be a good QB.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/200912...ants#tab:watch

If the run game isn't working and when that happens it will be extremely hard for this pass game to work because we have no receivers.

Also let me make it clear I think he can be a pretty good QB for us with our run game, I don't think he is a superstar.

He is the correct choice over Clausen right now.

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                  Everything about the 49ers coaching staff is atrocious. Playcalling, clock management, schemes, adjustments, you name it.
                  I know. Down the stretch last year, I thought the 49ers offense was the 2007 Texas Tech offense, and this with Frank Gore back there at RB.

It was almost as if Andy Reid took over playcalling for the 49ers last year.

I didn't watch much of the 49ers joke at Seattle yesterday so I don't know what their offense looked like other than the fact that they got destroyed by the team YFStoner thought was hands-down the worst team in the NFL.

Comment

Going for it on 4th down was not only ridiculously arrogant of Lovie, but choosing to play cover 3 at the end of the game was absurd.
                    The play calling in the red zone was also garbage by Martz.
                    Also, Seattle might be better than we think, we will find out soon though.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                      Rex Ryan. End of Thread.
                      He's arrogant, but HARDLY a bad coach. Most good coaches ARE arrogant.

Comment

That 4th down call by Lovie was probably the second worst coaching decision I've ever seen, regardless of outcome. The only worse one was Marty Morningweg winning the coin toss in overtime and taking the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
                          He's arrogant, but HARDLY a bad coach. Most good coaches ARE arrogant.
                          There is a huge difference between arrogant and confident. He's arrogant to the point he looks like a bad coach.

"Our goal is to win the Super Bowl" (so is every other teams...)
                          "I'm not afraid of Bill Belichick" (if anyone else is, they should quit coaching...)

It's stupid crap like that. Is he a good coach? He's not bad but he's done a lot of dumb s*** already that has the team in a position I don't think they want to be. There is no denying he made the Revis situation worse. He couldn't shut his mouth about him and then Revis took that and spit it back in the Jets faces.

He's Jerry Jones minus the Super Bowl rings (and the billions).
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                            i remember tied game, 0:02 seconds left, Seahawks have the ball, 4th down, they want the time to run out, Lovie calls a Timeout, thinking the seahawks might punt to Hester. Seahawks say thank you and line up again for a hail mary. thank god that one failed.
                            Ugh. Yep. That was even a playoff game. Just horrible. Lovie Smith needs to be fired, for sure.

Lovie Smith challenges what I said.
                            Lovie Smith challenges his challenge.
                            Bears are now out of challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                              There is a huge difference between arrogant and confident. He's arrogant to the point he looks like a bad coach.

"Our goal is to win the Super Bowl" (so is every other teams...)
                              "I'm not afraid of Bill Belichick" (if anyone else is, they should quit coaching...)

It's stupid crap like that. Is he a good coach? He's not bad but he's done a lot of dumb s*** already that has the team in a position I don't think they want to be. There is no denying he made the Revis situation worse. He couldn't shut his mouth about him and then Revis took that and spit it back in the Jets faces.

He's Jerry Jones minus the Super Bowl rings (and the billions).
                              You really don't know what you're talking about with the Jets.

a) The players LIKE that he's cocky. Watch Hard Knocks. He has confidence in his players, and is VERY vocal about it. I know it rubs you wrong as a Pats fan, but he doesn't care.

b) He had a minimal impact at most on the Revis situation. Revis has the same agents as Vincent Jackson. He ALREADY held out for his rookie contract. Revis is just a hold out type. Ryan called Mangold the best center, and Jenkins the best DT. They didn't hold out.

c) Most people would agree Belicheck is the best coach in the league. The man cheats and runs up the score on people. A good coach doesn't give a **** about what you think, he does his business and tries to win.

Comment

Agreed on Rex, hes legit.

Its a breath of fresh air to get an open honest dude just talkin smack and sayin whatever he wants. Its a sport, it should be fun and entertaining. Rex certainly makes me wanna watch more football, very cool guy.
                                Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                                Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information