Coaching Arrogance/ Bad Coaching Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
    Matt Moore isn't great, and because of that, the Panthers shouldn't be throwing the ball 3 times from the four yard line.

He wasn't put in a position to succeed, and he didn't. In fact, he looked quite terrible. That's the jist of that game.
    Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams. Let's pass within the 5.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
      I do like having him in the NFL, his style is better than "we did some things well... we need to assess... it happens..." or the other 50 canned responses we hear.
      I think I'm being mis-understood here. I like Rex Ryan as a personality. I probably like Rex Ryan the person too (the fact Tony Dungy dislikes him makes him a winner in my book). I just think his open mouth policy is going to blow up in the Jets face big time (and obviously, I kind of hope it does). Especially if they go 4-12. Then not only do you have the media (the new york media, none-the-less) breathing down your throat, you are also a major target for every NFL team because they want to shut up your loud mouth coach.

I think Rex's plan only works for a year or maybe 2 before it blows up in his face. Having said that, obviously I look like an idiot for predicting that now because they look like such a good team.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

The Childress supporters need to show themselves after the absolutely brutal showing Thursday. Peterson absolutely owning and the passing game isn't there yet? The obvious choice is to keep throwing to the softest piece of **** receiver in league history.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
          I seriously would be perfectly happy with a 70/30 run pass split with the way Carolina is built. Those two got 1100 + each, they could get 1500 each if Fox and Davidson would wake the **** up instead of forgetting they've got two brilliant backs on the roster not getting carries.

Comment

it does make me lol, those two along with ronnie and ricky are the best running back tandems in the league and you guys just ignored them last weekend

Comment

They ignored em in the 2nd half for some reason. in the first half they ran the rock a ton, but it was getting stuffed.

Chan Gailey was hilarious with the safety, then high punt that was meant to be an onside kick but was just fair caught.

Oh Chan. You silly silly goose.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                I seriously would be perfectly happy with a 70/30 run pass split with the way Carolina is built. Those two got 1100 + each, they could get 1500 each if Fox and Davidson would wake the **** up instead of forgetting they've got two brilliant backs on the roster not getting carries.
                You guys have my two favorite backs in their respective draft classes, I really don't know why you don't just give them the ball on every play.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                  You guys have my two favorite backs in their respective draft classes, I really don't know why you don't just give them the ball on every play.
                  Coaching Arrogance/Bad Coaching

Comment

Comment

how about the jets giving sanchez 14 pass attempts up until the last drive? how the hell does a young qb feel comfortable when the coaches wont give him a chance to throw the ball
                      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                        I don't understand why Todd Haley and Norv Turner kept going for it on 4th down, too aggressive at non-critical junctures, it is not a necessary risk. Football games are won using field position.
                        Did you ever call it! Norv did it again and went for it on 4th much to early on MNF.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                          Classic case of coaches over thinking the gameplan. "Well, we have the best RB tandem in the league so they obviously think were gonna run it here, let's fool them and throw a pass with our below average QB, they won't know what hit em!".

Hate when coaches fail to realize that execution and players is more important then trying to be cute and catch the other team off guard. The best running teams have always been the ones that run, run, and even when everyone in the stadium knows it's coming run again and still execute.

I'm not saying to just run the ball all game without any sense no matter the outcome, but coaches try and get cute all the time.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

You want to talk about bad coaching,

In Singletary’s first full season last year, offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye, one of the more respected veteran coaches in the league, was calling plays from the coach’s box upstairs. Raye would call plays down to offensive assistant Jason Michael, who would then send the play into the quarterback. That system worked effectively even at times when Raye struggled to find exactly the right play or say it exactly the right way.

“It seems like Jimmy calls plays from memory a lot of the time and not exactly the way it’s written down,” said one of the aforementioned sources, adding that the plays often get garbled. “He knows the plays and he knows the right thing to call, but he’s fumbling through his papers and it’s like, ‘Hey, we need to get a play called.’ ”

Michael, who worked closely with Raye, was good at filling the gaps in communication. However, one of the problems created by the Raye-Michael relationship was that it began to alienate quarterback coach Mike Johnson(notes), whose involvement in building the game plan had diminished. In addition, some players began to resent Raye’s tendency to blame them if things went wrong.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...rectsnap091410

Comment

I can't fathom how Jimmy Raye still has a job in the NFL. He was a ****** coordinator back in the 90s.

Comment

The worst coaching of the week was the Panthers to me. It was painful watching them force it with Matt Moore and ignore those two studs. Stewart was given no opportunity. Nothing against Goodsen (i think) either, but he was in more plays the 2nd half than the other two combined (he did the shotgun formation).

Completely ignored the run in the redzone. Unacceptable.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                                You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information