No announcement yet.

Bob Sanders - Torn Biceps muscle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a related story, it's been discovered that the sun is hot.
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

I live in Indiana, and everyyyy year these Colts fans tell me Bob Sanders is coming back, and everyyyy year Bob Sanders gets hurt, and everryyy year I tell them "I told you so"

Originally posted by P-L View Post
      Dude has been in the league 7 years now. He's never played a full season and only twice has he played more than 6 games.
      Jeeez and I thought Dan Morgan was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodBrother View Post
        I'd say it is easier to replace a RB(as long as they aren't elite, which Grant wasn't) than it is to replace a stud Safety

big blow to both teams still, however
        The Colts are used to playing without him and have a starter-quality backup, otherwise I agree with you.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
          The Colts are used to playing without him and have a starter-quality backup, otherwise I agree with you.
          That starting caliber backup helped contribute to the Arian Foster show. The big joke here is the Colts always relying on Sanders to be their big run stuffer...as a safety....and oft-injured safety at that.

Comment

I believe this is the same injury he suffered in week 4 or 5 last year, apparently that was the other arm. He was on IR almost instantly, so maybe they're thinking he can be back by January with an extra month before playoffs.

He's signed through '12, and I have a feeling he'll have to restructure or be released. Bullet's contract is up after this year, and has potential to demand 2nd-3rd tier safety money. I just can't see the logic of letting Bullet go, for half the price of Sanders. Keeping both and sinking that much money into the safety position doesn't seem viable either.

Really giving him this contract in the first place was not wise, given his injury history at the time.

Comment

Another year in the NFL...

Comment

Not going to lie, I laughed when I saw this on the bottomline on ESPN. The guy just cant stay healthy

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                  Dude has been in the league 7 years now. He's never played a full season and only twice has he played more than 6 games.
                  His body is not as tough as his mind is.
                  He plays like a 300-pound warrior, but he's a 5-7, 200 pound little guy.
                  I feel bad for him, but he's too tough for his own good.
                  Today's NFL is so damn violent.

The Eagles & Packers each lost 2 guys for the season in that game, plus 2 Eagles got their heads knocked out and are concussed, probably will miss some more time.

And that was on natural grass, not concrete turf.

Comment

Jeez I can't believe injured again. I had high hopes for Sanders this year, actually thought maybe he could stay healthy (foolish me).

Comment

Theres no way he will be a Colt next year.

Comment

Originally posted by boknows34 View Post
                        According to Schefter - - Out indefinintely, possibly for the season

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/24497441953

Death, taxes.....and Bob Sanders seriously injured. Such a shame.
                        Injury bug hit him early this season.. Last season wasn't it game 6? Hmm, should have got his injury bug shot over the summer.

Comment

The guy has missed more games than he's played. That says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            That starting caliber backup helped contribute to the Arian Foster show. The big joke here is the Colts always relying on Sanders to be their big run stuffer...as a safety....and oft-injured safety at that.
                            Meh the d-line and gary brackett are more to blame for Foster running wild.
                            Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                              Meh the d-line and gary brackett are more to blame for Foster running wild.
                              That's mostly what I was getting at when I said they always make the mistake of relying on him to be their run stopper. They traditionally go undersized for speed in their front 7 and when they get a tough runner, they move Sanders up to stop him. Take Sanders out, that stops working, and you end up with a guy running for 200+ on them.

If, at any point over the past several years, they drafted a legit 4-3 NT type or more of a thumper at LB, it would have helped with this considerably.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                                That's mostly what I was getting at when I said they always make the mistake of relying on him to be their run stopper. They traditionally go undersized for speed in their front 7 and when they get a tough runner, they move Sanders up to stop him. Take Sanders out, that stops working, and you end up with a guy running for 200+ on them.

If, at any point over the past several years, they drafted a legit 4-3 NT type or more of a thumper at LB, it would have helped with this considerably.
                                True, there was also no one to stop Vonta Leach.
                                Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information