Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Singletary: ABM

http://azsportstalk.com/2010/09/49er...to-like-yahoo/

Feel bad for the journalist here, unlike that sl*** in the Jets locker room.

Mike Singletary doing his best Rex Ryan impersonation. imo

Im just not so sure about Singletary as a coach. I kinda agree with a lot of whats echoed on these forums. Is he a great motivator? Without question. Is he knowledgeable about the x's and o's? No doubt. But the other aspects, game management, play calling, personal rotation. All that has come into question. And he has a head coach, has to be ready to answer those type of questions.
    Not "I dont want to talk about it" or "Lets move on". That poor journalist didnt have a chance. And even when he did move on and asked about New Oleans.."We will stop Drew Brees"(stop) "We will run the ball"(stop).

What the hell is that?
    Last edited by General Zod; 09-17-2010, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Lol that is funny.

Comment

Jimmy Raye needs to go, or at least not call the plays.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Singletary is a high functioning ******, its like having James Harrison as a HC

Comment

He looks so much like Kermit the Frog.

Comment

He sounded like a total ****. He's getting interviewed and thinks he can just dictate all the questions?

Comment

Priorities for the 49ers should be.

1. New coaching staff.
                2. New QB.
                "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                  Mike Singletary doing his best Rex Ryan impersonation. imo

Im just not so sure about Singletary as a coach. I kinda agree with a lot of whats echoed on these forums. Is he a great motivator? Without question. Is he knowledgeable about the x's and o's? No doubt. But the other aspects, game management, play calling, personal rotation. All that has come into question. And he has a head coach, has to be ready to answer those type of questions.
                  Not "I dont want to talk about it" or "Lets move on". That poor journalist didnt have a chance. And even when he did move on and asked about New Oleans.."We will stop Drew Brees"(stop) "We will run the ball"(stop).

What the hell is that?
                  Mike Singletary is NOT an x's and o's guy my friend.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                  Originally posted by Borat
                  Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                    Mike Singletary is NOT an x's and o's guy my friend.
                    Well I dont confess to knowing every detail about him. Im sure you being a fan would know a lot more then me. It just seemed liked all of the times he was miked up when he was with the Ravens, he came off has an x's and o's type. But I guess sounding intelligent in sound bytes and making in game adjustment are two different things eh? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                      Well I dont confess to knowing every detail about him. Im sure you being a fan would know a lot more then me. It just seemed liked all of the times he was miked up when he was with the Ravens, he came off has an x's and o's type. But I guess sounding intelligent in sound bytes and making in game adjustment are two different things eh? :-)
                      He is versed in the "x's and o's" of defense but he knows virtually NOTHING about offense. Which is why it's terrible that his 100% conviction and trust is in an OC that isn't creative enough for the "new" NFL.

I have no issue with Singletary as a HCif... and a big IF, he opens his mind to realize that "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offense doesn't work like it used to. If he allowed himself to trust a progressive OC he'd be fine.

Comment

When are people going to realize that Singletary is a carbon copy of Herm Edwards?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          When are people going to realize that Singletary is a carbon copy of Herm Edwards?
                          because people like that "I want winners!" type of rah-rah.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

He mad. Enjoy your 7-9 Singletary.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think people are being way too tough on him too fast. He's turned the Niners around in his short time there and they are better then when he took over, they didn't have a franchise QB then, so what were you expecting?

When he took over a crappy team in 2008 they were 2-5, and finished 5-4. The next season they started out 3-1, which would have been 4-0 if not for the Hail Mary by Brett Favre, and they finished 8-8.

Now all of a sudden people want him to be fired? Lol. Way to be impatient and overreact. Was he supposed to invent a franchise QB in this short of time? He's infused the offensive line full of talent finally, made the most out of Vernon Davis into a pro bowler, has a potential elite #1 WR, and the defense is playing at a level they never were when Nolan was there.

Why does Marvin Lewis get so many chances? He had 1 season over .500 in 7 seasons, and it at least took him 3 full seasons before reaching that, then he had 3 more seasons below it. Yet the Niners should fire Singletary after a season and a half where he went 13-12?

I don't understand it at all. Obviously he needs some Coordinators to help him in areas he's not comfortable in, but I wish people would stop jumping the gun trying to fire people way too fast.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information