No announcement yet.

Michael Vick looks scary good.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also its not a huge commitment to sign a guy for 2 years at 12.5 million. They actually can cut their loses this year with him. He already got 10.7 in signing bonus. So the cap hits are very minimal, so from a financial stand point they knew what they were doing. If he is good, great signed him for cheap, if he is garbage cut him and take a min cap hit.

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
      I didnt know you were into men.
      Oh heck yeah I am! MAN ASS FTW!

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
      But what about all the Vickuses???
      Vickcuses are what I call the excuses his fans make for him. I got to know them really well on the Falcons message boards. I love watching him play, but also know that he's the main person responsible for his past problems.

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
      He and Buffalo seem like a match made in heaven.
      They should really consider going hard after him if he has a good season, stays healthy and shows no signs of reverting back to making dumb decisions.

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
      He might be evolving into that guy he should have been.
      I don't think he'll ever be the perfect QB many thought he might be coming out of college, but he can still be a quality starter who can help a team win games and entertain like no other. I'm not convinced he will ever be the kind of QB who can't even be contained by good defenses. Many fans like to forget or ignore that some teams know how to defend him.

Comment

I really hope that the Eagles are stubborn and roll with Kolb and let Vick walk.

I really really really hope they do that.

Comment

I am willing to be patient with the Kevin Kolb experiment at this point. I want to give the kid at least 5-6 games before I make my final judgment. Coming back off the concussion against a pretty bad Jags D will be a good test of whether he is actually good enough.

I agree with people like Shiver and BBD who noted that Kolb wasn't looking guys off in Week 1. However, I am curious to see how he bounces back. I trust the Eagles organization to make the right call. If they handed the keys to Kolb, I am on board. Period. I don't think this is a playoff team anyway, so let's see what we have. Always have the option to turn to Vick later and then resign him...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            I really hope that the Eagles are stubborn and roll with Kolb and let Vick walk.

I really really really hope they do that.
            They will. Don't you fret.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
              I am willing to be patient with the Kevin Kolb experiment at this point. I want to give the kid at least 5-6 games before I make my final judgment. Coming back off the concussion against a pretty bad Jags D will be a good test of whether he is actually good enough.

I agree with people like Shiver and BBD who noted that Kolb wasn't looking guys off in Week 1. However, I am curious to see how he bounces back. I trust the Eagles organization to make the right call. If they handed the keys to Kolb, I am on board. Period. I don't think this is a playoff team anyway, so let's see what we have. Always have the option to turn to Vick later and then resign him...
              Jacksonville's secondary is terrible, so yes, it should be a very telling game for him.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                Hey, Thumper, KOLB sucks he is garbage. If he isn't tearing it up or the Eagles aren't winning by week 6/7 then what? I know Kolb is the starter and they are going to keep him in. But why would you leave him in all season if by week 6 he hasn't really won you a game, or keeps makeing T/O? I think thats what will happen since Kolb doesn't know how to read a defense and stares down his primary WR.

Also with Kolb's noodle arm, Jackson is going to soon be calling for Vick.
                What is a thumper? You and that other guy keep calling me one and I don't get it.

And isn't that exactly what I said? Give him a couple more weeks before we throw him under the bus? I could've sworn I said that.

Comment

Vick is perfect for the spread offense that Reid loves to run.

There's no way you can run man coverage against that offense when you have Vick and McCoy in the backfield and those weapons going down the field. You can't go cover zero against those WRs.

And you need to spy Vick, and you have to worry about McCoy and Celek.

I really hope they let Vick walk. Part of me wants Kolb to look half decent just so they let Vick walk. I don't want Kolb to look so terrible that they dump that project after just one year.

Comment

I haven't seen you hate a on a QB this much... ever... That is disheartening to my chosen football team bc I respect your views.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I haven't seen you hate a on a QB this much... ever... That is disheartening to my chosen football team bc I respect your views.
                      Yeah, I am being harsh on him. I am biased in some ways though. I felt that the fans didn't appreciate McNabb, and I felt that Kolb was talked up to be this great hope that he simply wasn't. All the offseason clippings about him just didn't make sense to me, because every time I saw him play, I saw the same issues that haunt him today and I never really bought into the hype that he'd be any good.

A lot of people had strong opinions on him without even seeing him play. That made no sense to me. How could so many fans be so sure of a guy when they never saw him play? It's like everyone thought that just bc Aaron Rodgers sat for awhile and turned out to be great, we should just assume the same with Kolb.

But my main problem was, when i broke him down this offseason, I got to see every preseason game he's played, both games vs NO and KC last year, and every ps game he played this year. I went back and analyzed him like a hawk. And what I saw was a guy who simply kept making the same mistakes over and over again.

If you don't get it by now, 4 years into the league, you're not going to get it. You can't stare down guys for 4 years and then suddenly change. That's why I have no faith in him. You combine his weak arm, with his inability to make reads, and I just felt that he wouldn't amount to anything.

I could wind up being wrong. The night is still young. But I really studied this guy this offseason, and I have a strong opinion of him bc of that.

Comment

I felt like Matt Ryan did that a lot in college against weak Big East competition, and I was very sure that he would fail in the NFL. I have been eating crow on that from Day 1.

I haven't seen enough Kolb tape/had time to break it down in order to draw my conclusions. I was basing my faith in Kolb on my faith in Reid/Banner/The Eagles to evaluate talent. They had an 11 year track record of pretty much always making the right call in that regard.

Comment

I felt like Matt Ryan did that a lot in college against weak Big East competition, and I was very sure that he would fail in the NFL. I have been eating crow on that from Day 1.

I haven't seen enough Kolb tape/had time to break it down in order to draw my conclusions. I was basing my faith in Kolb on my faith in Reid/Banner/The Eagles to evaluate talent. They had an 11 year track record of pretty much always making the right call in that regard.
                          That's the thing. If you gave me all that tape and told me Kolb is a rookie, I'd say, this kid has potential.

But 4 years bro. 4 years of OTAs, 4 years of training camp, 4 years of PS, 4 years of spot duty, 4 years to learn the offense, 4 years to sit behind a borderline HOF qb and learn from him.

And he's still doing it. That's the problem. He's not a rookie. Its his 4th year. I know he lacks game experience, but 4 years is 4 years. At least show me you can look off a safety after 4 years. That's my problem.

But again, I could be wrong. And if I am, I'll be the first to admit it. I just don't see it.

Comment

After I watched Ryan single handedly beat the Hokies in the rain I knew that kid was gonna be special. Shame on you my friend :)

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                            2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                            2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

He is essentially a rookie because as good as practice and TC and mop up duty are, you really have to learn on the job. My biggest problem related to Kolb in Week 1 was that he looked unprepared for GB. That is a matter of off the field work. The looking off/making reads stuff can come with some time and better prep.

When I looked at Kolb's skill set coming out of Houston, I saw a more mobile version of Matt Hasselbeck. At this point, I'm still holding out hope that he can develop. Fighting back from a failure at this point is substantial. Weeks 3 and 4 will tell us a whole lot...

Comment

He is essentially a rookie because as good as practice and TC and mop up duty are, you really have to learn on the job. My biggest problem related to Kolb in Week 1 was that he looked unprepared for GB. That is a matter of off the field work. The looking off/making reads stuff can come with some time and better prep.

When I looked at Kolb's skill set coming out of Houston, I saw a more mobile version of Matt Hasselbeck. At this point, I'm still holding out hope that he can develop. Fighting back from a failure at this point is substantial. Weeks 3 and 4 will tell us a whole lot...
                                I expect him to do better than he did at GB. I remember seeing a stat where he does significantly better in the shotgun vs under center. I wonder if he comes out in the gun more this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information