Jimmy Clausen is the new Carolina Panthers starting QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morton View Post
    Did he win any big games? Did he take his team to a signature bowl game victory?
    Did Peyton Manning?
    Originally posted by SNIPER26
    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morton View Post
      Did he win any big games? Did he take his team to a signature bowl game victory?
      Did you watch any ND games in 09?

He pretty much carried ND on his back to 6 wins with a ****** up foot, no ground game, a terrible underachieving O-Line, and oh ya, the worst defense in college football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
        Did Peyton Manning?
        I think his problem was not beating florida .....

Comment

• Originally posted by Complex View Post
          I think his problem was not beating florida .....
          So you're saying there's a difference between not being able to beat Florida compared to... oh, I don't know, Syracuse? Navy? You're saying that's not the same?

I don't know. Jimmy had no help!!!!!! I think ND was also only allowed to play 8 people on defense one game and only 4 O-Linemen and he still barely lost. Jimmy was a winner, he just had a bad team. If you asked Jimmy to take a punch in the face. He would do it. Guy is a beast.
          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
          Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
          I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
          Originally posted by bearsfan_51
          iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
          Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
          I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
          Originally posted by GoRavens
          Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
            Your going to piss off some Cowboys fans there with that....

And if he doesn't look good then, but they missed out on the chance to draft a new guy like Luck or Locker....then what?

Clausen isn't some uber-raw rookie coming out of a quirky college system who needs some seasoning (like a Tim Tebow.) I think the more experience he gets, the better he can eventually be (or not be if he proves that he sucks long term.)
            Thats why you bring in a vet next year.to back Clausen up

This was not a move made up top this was a move made by John Fox the lame duck HC that needs wins now and Matt Moore always lights it up when there is no pressures on him.

Comment

• Jimmy played out of his mind last year and if he only had the vaguest semblence of a defense he wouldve won about 9 if not more and would have been in the heisman talk. ND was pretty much a 4 man team with him floyd, mccarthey and tate making all the good stuff happen and the rest of the team just pretty much being turnstiles for the opponents

edit: That doesnt mean I think he played good for the panthers, I do however think they should give him more time. Even more specific though I did not like him all that much, like Crist better even though he is a worse QB
              Last edited by wicket; 10-19-2010, 08:53 AM.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
              - Corner or Wideout in the first
              - No reaching
              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                So you're saying there's a difference between not being able to beat Florida compared to... oh, I don't know, Syracuse? Navy? You're saying that's not the same?

I don't know. Jimmy had no help!!!!!! I think ND was also only allowed to play 8 people on defense one game and only 4 O-Linemen and he still barely lost. Jimmy was a winner, he just had a bad team. If you asked Jimmy to take a punch in the face. He would do it. Guy is a beast.
                No help? Golden Tate, Michael Floyd, and Kyle Rudolph?

Notre Dame hasn't beaten a ranked team since 2006, so that encompasses Jimmy Clausen's entire career... not sure if that earns him the 'winner' label.

ND's defense wasn't as bad as people want to believe. Notre Dame only scored 7 points through 3 quarters against Navy at home and lost 23-21. They beat Boston College 20-16.

Looking at Jimmy Clausen, it makes Locker look better to me. He's got a substantially worse supporting cast and has beaten at least 3 ranked teams in his career that I can think of off the top of my head (USC twice and Oregon State).

Comment

Sam Bradford plays with WRs off the practice squad and still plays well.
                  No, Sam Bradford just gets loved for doing the same thing that got Trent Edwards hated.

Comment

Sam Bradford plays with WRs off the practice squad and still plays well.
                    How well is he playing? 2nd in INTs and 30th in yards per attempt?

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                      How well is he playing? 2nd in INTs and 30th in yards per attempt?
                      And we all know looking up his stats instead of watching him play is the better measure for how well he is playing.

I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

No help? Golden Tate, Michael Floyd, and Kyle Rudolph?

Notre Dame hasn't beaten a ranked team since 2006, so that encompasses Jimmy Clausen's entire career... not sure if that earns him the 'winner' label.

ND's defense wasn't as bad as people want to believe. Notre Dame only scored 7 points through 3 quarters against Navy at home and lost 23-21. They beat Boston College 20-16.

Looking at Jimmy Clausen, it makes Locker look better to me. He's got a substantially worse supporting cast and has beaten at least 3 ranked teams in his career that I can think of off the top of my head (USC twice and Oregon State).
                        I dont want to argue a bunch of the points but yes, the ND defense was as bad as people want to believe, maybe worse.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                        - Corner or Wideout in the first
                        - No reaching
                        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          And we all know looking up his stats instead of watching him play is the better measure for how well he is playing.
                          so his 8 INTs and his 5.8 yards per attempt average look better live?

Comment

so his 8 INTs and his 5.8 yards per attempt average look better live?
                            In case you forgot he's a rookie QB. Who is his best WR to throw to, or TE? Go ahead, I would love to hear the names of the studs, no, even above average players he has at those positions catching passes from him.

I guess actually winning games isn't as important as stats for a rookie QB though. Seeing as how they have won 4 games total in the past 2 seasons and already won 3 our of 6 games I'd say that has alot more to do with how well he is playing.

Never ceases to amaze me that people always bring up stats for a rookie QB playing on a terrible team, with no weapons to throw to what so ever, and then act like he's supposed to end up with 25 TD's, 7 INT's, and lead the league in YPA. You do know that typically QB's with high YPA's have been in the league a few years, and have an elite WR and/or TE that can actually catch, or make plays once the ball is thrown to them.

Bradford has made a bunch of outcast WR's look way better then what they really are.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              In case you forgot he's a rookie QB. Who is his best WR to throw to, or TE? Go ahead, I would love to hear the names of the studs, no, even above average players he has at those positions catching passes from him.

I guess actually winning games isn't as important as stats for a rookie QB though. Seeing as how they have won 4 games total in the past 2 seasons and already won 3 our of 6 games I'd say that has alot more to do with how well he is playing.

Never ceases to amaze me that people always bring up stats for a rookie QB playing on a terrible team, with no weapons to throw to what so ever, and then act like he's supposed to end up with 25 TD's, 7 INT's, and lead the league in YPA. You do know that typically QB's with high YPA's have been in the league a few years, and have an elite WR and/or TE that can actually catch, or make plays once the ball is thrown to them.

Bradford has made a bunch of outcast WR's look way better then what they really are.
                              Do I think Bradford is playing poorly? Honestly, I don't know. I just wouldn't categorize what he's doing as playing particularly well which is what I was addressing.

While his receivers are basically garbage, he does have a nice, developing offensive line and the 5th leading rusher in the league, so it's not as if he has absolutely nothing going for him.

And while it was only one game, it was against the Steelers, he was a 3rd round pick and his weapons are not much better, especially since 2 of them missed almost the whole game thanks to concussions, but Colt McCoy had 8.52 yards per attempt. 5.8 is pretty damn low.

Comment

Do I think Bradford is playing poorly? Honestly, I don't know. I just wouldn't categorize what he's doing as playing particularly well which is what I was addressing.

While his receivers are basically garbage, he does have a nice, developing offensive line and the 5th leading rusher in the league, so it's not as if he has absolutely nothing going for him.

And while it was only one game, it was against the Steelers, he was a 3rd round pick and his weapons are not much better, especially since 2 of them missed almost the whole game thanks to concussions, but Colt McCoy had 8.52 yards per attempt. 5.8 is pretty damn low.

Your right, it has been one game, and it be nice if you didn't go from one extreme to the other. After the pre-season all you talked about was how he was about to get cut, you hated the pick, he couldn't read a defense, take a snap from under center, throw an out route, and a million other conclusions you jumped to before the regular season had even got here.

Changing your tune already? Now he's played better then Sam Bradford.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information