Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troy Polamalu > Darrelle Revis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Troy Polamalu > Darrelle Revis

    I cant' believe I agree with Whitlock again!
    But he's right. I have said before that I think Polamalu is the best player in the NFL, QB's included. I think them losing him last year kind of showed that. That defense was not even a shell of it's normal self without his glue back there.

    And for the record, Charles Woodson was the best CB in the NFL last year, not Revis.

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/B...-Truths-092310
    6. I'd rather have Troy Polamalu than Darrelle Revis.

    I know. That's easy to say right now with the Steelers at 2-0 and Revis on the sideline with a hamstring injury.

    But my point is the best safety in football is more valuable than the best corner. I really believe this. The pass interference and illegal contact rules are so restrictive in this era that a big-play safety can have more of an impact than a shutdown corner.

    Polamalu, if he remains healthy, is definitely going to create more turnovers than the league's best corner. Polamalu is going to get five to eight interceptions and cause two to four fumbles. Plus, he's going to be an additional linebacker in run support.

    Keep an eye on Polamalu for player of the year.

  • #2
    This part might be wrong because Woodson created about 15-20 turnovers last year including a few for TDs the other way.
    Polamalu, if he remains healthy, is definitely going to create more turnovers than the league's best corner.

    Comment


    • #3
      Posted this in the other thread:


      Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      Ill take Ed Reed over Troy Polamalu 10 times out of 10, and that has nothing to do with being a Ravens fan. Polamalu's most effective years came when he was in that Dick LeBeau 3-4 and he played that "X" role, where has had absolutely 0 responsibility on a huge number of plays. We've seen in recent years when he's asked to play a more traditional cover 2 style, he isn't as effective. I'm not saying he's bad now by any means, but he doesnt really fly all over the field and make crazy tackles like he used to. Thats because before, the scheme allowed him to do whatever the hell he wanted and look good doing it. If you put Reed in that system, its game over for QBs.
      Polamalu has nothing on Revis.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

      Comment


      • #4
        Saying that he's the best player in the NFL, QBs included, is completely ridiculous.

        Best defensive player in the NFL? Maybe. Then again, I'd like to see what he does in a defense without a completely dominating, All-Pro linebacker corps.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
          This part might be wrong because Woodson created about 15-20 turnovers last year including a few for TDs the other way.
          And the quote here is just stupid. The biggest benefit of having a shutdown CB is no one throwing the god damned ball on his side of the field. How is he supposed to get interceptions if no one throws his way? Obviously Polamalu, who gets to center field half the time, is going to have more turnovers then someone who only makes plays on his half of the field a few times a game.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            Posted this in the other thread:




            Polamalu has nothing on Revis.
            Too bad Ed Reed has the back of a 100 year old.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              Posted this in the other thread:




              Polamalu has nothing on Revis.
              I the idea that a anyone would favor Reed in an argument pertaining to a safety freelancing is hilarious.

              Comment


              • #8
                I agree. Polamalu makes the Steelers one of the or the best best D in the league. Without him they are still good but not great. The guy is a flat out baller. Revis is a great player but he really is getting too much hype IMO


                "Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                @SirStackAlot707

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                  I agree. Polamalu makes the Steelers one of the or the best best D in the league. Without him they are still good but not great. The guy is a flat out baller. Revis is a great player but he really is getting too much hype IMO
                  Look at the Steelers front 7, and then look at the Jets front 7. If you take Polamalu away from that Steelers D, I guarantee they still produce at a very high level. You take Revis away from the Jets, and all that fancy stuff Rex Ryan does with his pressure schemes goes to ****. The only reason that defense is so successful is because Revis can shut down his side of the field and it leaves Rex free to be creative.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The wrong word is being used to describe Polamalu. The correct word is "valuable."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Oh no doubt, the difference between a Steelers defense that has Troy and a Steelers defense without him is staggering. Troy Polamalu means more to the Steelers than Revis means to the Jets, Polamalu makes the entire Steelers defense better and the Jets played just fine without Revis in the second half of the Patriots game. In the five games in which Polamalu played, Pittsburgh was 4-1 and allowed an average of 13.8 points per game. In the 11 he missed, they were 5-6 and allowed an average of 23.2. And the yardage numbers mirror the trends of those stats I just posted, the Steelers defense without Troy P is not the superbowl winning defense we fear.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        Look at the Steelers front 7, and then look at the Jets front 7. If you take Polamalu away from that Steelers D, I guarantee they still produce at a very high level. You take Revis away from the Jets, and all that fancy stuff Rex Ryan does with his pressure schemes goes to ****. The only reason that defense is so successful is because Revis can shut down his side of the field and it leaves Rex free to be creative.
                        I repeat:
                        In the five games in which Polamalu played, Pittsburgh was 4-1 and allowed an average of 13.8 points per game. In the 11 he missed, they were 5-6 and allowed an average of 23.2. And the yardage numbers mirror the trends of those stats I just posted, the Steelers defense without Troy P is not the superbowl winning defense we fear.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm not saying who's better but wasn't Pitt's D noticeably worse last year after Troy P was out for the year?
                          #Chop


                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            I'm not saying who's better but wasn't Pitt's D noticeably worse last year after Troy P was out for the year?
                            Yes, it performed considerably worse as I've already pointed out twice in this thread.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm sorry I don't read your posts Thumper.
                              #Chop


                              sig by BoneKrusher

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information