NFL steps up efforts to prevent illegal game broadcasts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
    I noticed last week that the stream was from the UK and I'm not sure if the US can do anything to stop that.
    Again, if this bill going through right now passes then yes our government will be able to ban those websites from our internet.

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Who thought it was a brilliant idea to not let local fans watch a game if it's not sold out? How is that supposed to make people WANT to buy expensive ass tickets to go to a stadium with overpriced merchandise and concessions? That just doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by WMD View Post
        Who thought it was a brilliant idea to not let local fans watch a game if it's not sold out? How is that supposed to make people WANT to buy expensive ass tickets to go to a stadium with overpriced merchandise and concessions? That just doesn't make sense to me.
        Because of this:

Originally posted by Scotty D
        Nosebleed seats + parking + drunk idiots + concessions or a flat screen in HD at home.
        Without the blackout laws, the value of the NFL ticket decreases tremendously.

Comment

Yeah, and I don't think it'd be blocked to U.S. only viewers. If the website contains copyrighted material, authorities will force the hosting platform for the website to censor the website.

But then again, it's seen as more of a "first step" to the end of net neutrality than anything horrific to the sense of what China, North Korea, and other countries where the government basically controls what it's citizens are allowed to go and see on the internet.

Viacom already lost a lawsuit against YouTube though. Viacom thought YouTube wasn't complying with copyright laws since some things would slip through and actually filed a lawsuit demanding lists of usernames and accounts who were putting things up and even just viewing them, but they ended up losing which was great.
          Last edited by TitanHope; 10-01-2010, 06:32 PM. Reason: Remembered what the lawsuit demanded.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Direct TV exclusiveness sucks. Hope it ends after 2014.

I am gonna watch Braves on MLB.tv in an hour. For $100 I get 90% of the 162 games live. The non live are about half on TV locally. And the ones I can't see live I can see a few hours after it ends. And it is the same for every team that isn't local.

Comment

Nosebleed seats + parking + drunk idiots + concessions or a flat screen in HD at home.
              Exactly!!!

Comment

Anyone use the websites in question? PM plz?
                "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Damn. That's just awful for people out of the US like me.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                    As for streaming... I'm obviously all for it, but they offer packages on the NFL website so living in other countries isn't really an excuse to why you can't view a game because they offer packages for people outside the country.
                    Packages which are overpriced IMO. For the amount of money I pay to watch 1 NFL team for a season, I can get all the NHL games + playoffs.

Comment

When I was at college, and wanted to watch my NY teams, I bought a slingbox for 100 bucks and has been one of the best purchases I have made.

For a lot of you who are complaining, I suggest looking into it. Probably won't be the solution for everyone here, but I can't say enough good things about it.

Comment

Im ok I get 4 games a week on Sky (6:00, 9:15, Sun Night and Mon Night + any Thurs Night, Sat Night, all Playoff games, Pro Bowl and Superbowl). But that means less Tennessee for me :(

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                          ************ im in germany, wtf
                          Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                          Damn. That's just awful for people out of the US like me.
                          Goodell would likely tell you to "be thankful for the games you get over there, if any," and, "go **** yourself."

But how are those owners going to make money if you aren't forking over $220 (plus upwards of $50+ for parking) to sit behind a pillar which blocks 25% of the field, so that you can watch your team play against a team that going to beat them with ease? how dare you arent grateful!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information