Brandon Marshall, meet Sterling Sharpe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Marshall, meet Sterling Sharpe

Marshall questioned Sharpe's credentials and wondered why Sharpe was speaking up in the first place.
    "I don't honestly think those guys were elite players, including Sterling Sharpe," Marshall said. "I've gotta turn on the film and see what he was able to do. I know he's done some good things, but from my understanding, he's not a Hall of Fame guy."
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-274064

Lol, talk about not knowing anything. This wouldn't be THAT bad if Marshall was actually better than Sharpe.
    Originally posted by SNIPER26
    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Marshall is a dumb ass. You don't have to be a HOF WR to have an opinion about a player. I already didn't like the dude.
      Now I can't wait until his next injury.
      Last edited by FUNBUNCHER; 10-02-2010, 09:46 PM.

Comment

This statement is totally correct. Sterling isn't in the HOF and if your not you weren't elite. You might have been the best for a bit, but if your career was so amazing you'd be in.

In that statement he never said he was better, just that Sterling isn't HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
          This statement is totally correct. Sterling isn't in the HOF and if your not you weren't elite. You might have been the best for a bit, but if your career was so amazing you'd be in.

Sharpe was an elite player. He only played 7 seasons, and during 5 of those 7, he was an All-Pro. He was even an All-Pro during the '94 season when he had a career-ending neck injury.

Sharpe isn't in the HoF because he got hurt and couldn't play anymore. If he hadn't hurt his neck, he's probably in there considering he would've been part of the great Packers teams of the late 90's that were led by Favre.

Sharpe is entitled to say whatever he wants on WR's. Marshall just couldn't help being prideful and decided to take a shot at Sharpe's credibility.

Basically, Marshall's an asshole.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post

Since when do you have to be in the Hall of Fame to have an opinion on a player?

And you don't have to be in the Hall of Fame to have been an elite player in the NFL. That's ridiculous.

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
            Basically, Marshall's an asshole.
            No he's a dumb asshole. Just another sign of the ignorance of young players in the NFL.
            Last edited by Ness; 10-02-2010, 09:18 PM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
            Originally posted by Borat
            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Give Sterling Sharpe 3-5 more years with Brett Favre and he would be in the Hall of Fame.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                Give Sterling Sharpe 3-5 more years with Brett Favre and he would be in the Hall of Fame.
                Spot on. Sharpe was the 2nd best WR in the NFL in the early 90s and would be in Canton today but for injury.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SharSt00.htm

Broke Art Monk's receptions record in 1993 with 108 and broke it again a year later with 112.

A 3-time 1st team All-Pro
                5 seasons of 1,000 yds including two over 1,400
                4 seasons of double digit TD catches.
                Led the NFL 3 times in receptions, once in yardage and twice in TD catches, which included 18 in his last season.

His final 3 seasons before retiring at 29 were:

108-1461-13
                112-1274-11
                94-1119-18

Would have won a ring with the '96 Packers too.

Comment

Having watched Sharpe while he was still active and not just on film, I can tell you, the man was elite and would be in the HOF if not for an injury.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Marshall is awesome.
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Who cares? Marshall says and does really dumb things. What a suprise he's done it again.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Was Sharpe even criticizing the guy? Dude just said he looked like he ran out of gas. Sounds like he was challenging/motivating Marshall. Marshall's comments are hilarious, though. Dude needs to educate himself. Sharpe was neck and neck with Jerry Rice during those years for best WR in football, and that was with him having the Majik man throwing him the ball compared to Rice having 2 HOF QB's in Montana and Young

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                          Having watched Sharpe while he was still active and not just on film, I can tell you, the man was elite and would be in the HOF if not for an injury.
                          Again, CJ showing why he is one of the best here!
                          I remember being on a syndicated radio program in the early 90's, not sure what year, and arguing the case that at the time, Sterling was as good as Jerry Rice.

I was surprised I didn't get too much argument on that matter!

Sharpe and Irvin were in the same draft. Both had their careers end because of neck risks.
                          Had it been Irvin first and not Sterling, 3 Super Bowls might have been a lot different from 93-95 seasons. Dammit.

Comment

Before Sharpe got fat and lost a ton of brain cells, he was also one of the best WR prospect evaluators out there. I remember when he broke down the '96 draft... He ranked all 6 of them, and was spot-on in his rankings if I recall correctly.

Comment

Brandon Marshall was bragging that he tore up Cromartie who he said is a top 5 CB in the NFL, lol. Top 5 corner on the Jets he probably means.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information