No announcement yet.

The best 0-4 team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta go with Detroit. Too many close losses.

Comment

Detroit is a couple of decent players in the secondary away from being a playoff caliber team..of course their offensive line could use some work but the team can put up some points

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Detroit for sure, theyve got a very solid team.

Comment

The lions are just liek the saints and cardinals....they build up this offense to be big time (best, calvin, stafford, burleson, other johnson, pettigrew...all good options, with kevin smith as a solid #2 back) and then build up the defense with guys like Suh, Delmas, KVB, SLH, avril...ect. they need to work on the secondary and LBs on defense but they are on the up and up.

I just hope they dont get to down on themselves and give up, cause they are almsot there....sucks stafford is out, i think things would be different
          E]

Comment

It would be nice if the Lions had Stafford at QB.

Comment

Looking at the team as whole(coaches) i would say the lions. It could be the 9ers but singletary is a terrible head coach

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
              Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

Comment

Quite frankly, if I were Detroit, I'd hold off on bringing Stafford back in, even if it means letting him sit the whole year. Do not force him back in there behind that o-line and let him get hurt again.

Use this year to develop some of their other young talent, like Best, CJ, Suh, etc. Take your top 5 draft, pick Patrick Peterson, and try to find a pass blocking LT by some other means.

Comment

Lions.

If they had a healthy Stafford, they might be 2-2 right now. Maybe 3-1.

Comment

I still think it's the Niners.

A lot of Lions love here.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
                      The entire team as a whole has been playing pretty bad. To me, I've never liked Singletary as a coach, his techniques are outdated it seems, and they don't seem prepared at all.
                      What techniques are outdated? I'm not sure I understand people when they say stuff like this. Vernon Davis would be the biggest, strongest, fastest bust ever if it wasn't for Mike Singletary. There is nothing outdated about trying to instill toughness, and making sure your team plays hard.

Every coach is different. Rex Ryan, Belicheck, Wade Phillips, Singletary, I don't think any one is outdated, and I would take the way Singletary handles his team over the way Wade does any day of the week. I think the problem is he's got to have his primary focus be on defense, just like Wade Phillips. Bring in an OC is more up to speed on things and let him control that side of the ball, but other then that I don't see a big problem.

But you still gotta like Detroit here. I wish i had seen Stafford to see where this team will be at long term, but honestly, they should have beat Chicago, and just barely missed beating GB by 2 points, without their franchise QB. That alone shows this team has made incredible strides in just a few years.

Too bad they can't field a line to protect Stafford, and with the lack of elite lineman next year they may just have to take Patrick Peterson with their 1st rounder. I still would have been tossing around a 2nd rd pick to see if I could get an elite lineman. Wonder if they can break the bank on Gaither in FA?

No way he returns, and while he has questions there isn't a LT worth a top 5 pick, I'd spend big on him and probably another lineman in FA.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

In Buffalo's defense, they've played 3 3-1 teams and a 2-2 team and lost by 7 to the Pats at Foxboro and 5 to Miami at home.

I think the Jets and Packers are just tough matchups for any team in the league and both are SB contenders for a reason. No shame in getting blown out by them.

Comment

Running the ball is apparently outdated in many eyes.

I obviously disagree. There's nothing wrong with old school football. In fact, I think the trend will eventually go back to that style, with more teams getting smaller and faster to defend the pass, (someone in this forum mentioned this before and I agree completely, I'm forgetting who said it), some team is gonna smarten up and get big and strong and play smashmouth defense and roll over teams with the run game.

Running the ball isn't up the middle, or off tackle left or right. That's simply not true. Running the ball may look simple, but sometimes simple wins.

I don't fault Singletary for his style, I fault him for not having a clue about clock management, Xs and Os, and in game decisions/adjustments.

His preference for "old school" football isn't the problem though.

Comment

The 49ers job is the perfect Brian Schottenheimer landing spot now that I just thought about it.

Of those 4 as they are right now, I'd take the Lions. Schwartz and his staff are a million times more competent than Singletary's.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              Running the ball is apparently outdated in many eyes.

I obviously disagree. There's nothing wrong with old school football. In fact, I think the trend will eventually go back to that style, with more teams getting smaller and faster to defend the pass, (someone in this forum mentioned this before and I agree completely, I'm forgetting who said it), some team is gonna smarten up and get big and strong and play smashmouth defense and roll over teams with the run game.

Running the ball isn't up the middle, or off tackle left or right. That's simply not true. Running the ball may look simple, but sometimes simple wins.

I don't fault Singletary for his style, I fault him for not having a clue about clock management, Xs and Os, and in game decisions/adjustments.

His preference for "old school" football isn't the problem though.
                              Unless someone else said it before me, I was the one who said about some team wising up and going smashmouth in your truths thread iirc. (Or someone's truths thread where we were both posting.)

With more and more athletic o-lineman and scat backs being drafted higher and higher to fit into pass whacky offenses, I really do think some team will just sit back and start drafting the big lug o-lineman and some dominant physical runner and just start running over the smaller defenders. And I think it'll happen within the next 3 years.

It's sort of like the opposite of what Shanny did back in the 90s in Denver. He took all of the small, athletic lineman that other teams were passing on, and he got them late in the draft because no one else really wanted them. He got talented guys like Tom Nalen and Matt Lepsis, plugged them in, and go pro-bowl caliber performances out of them. Then other teams caught on, his system started to spread a bid, and then those guys became less and less available since there was a lot of competition from other teams.....and his success in Denver started to run out.

Comment

Stafford > Alex Smith
                                9ers D (slightly underachieving) > Lions D

The Lions could probably win that NFC west haha they are not bad.
                                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                                Coples is that dude.
                                Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information