Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Larry Fitzgerald, what can be done?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
    Forgive me for making some snap judgments based on only a few games but one of my favorite players, Fitz, is in a real predicament here fellas.

    He is basically the only healthy weapon the Cardinals have, and the cavalry that's rushing to help him is what? Early Doucet and Steve Breaston? These guys are both talented but they are barely seasoned veterans and no better than #3s in a perfect world.

    His team has no O-line. The wheels have fallen off that bus and it's killing his chances to go deep.

    His team has no QUARTERBACK because Derek Anderson doesn't count and Max Hall isn't ready. Fitz is leading the league in targets but only has a handful of catches because nobody on the squad can even put the ball near him.

    The Cardinals have stumbled into a couple wins and play in a bad division which means they have a legit chance of playing themselves out of the Locker/Luck even (gasp) Mallett sweepstakes.

    Am I the only one thinking that no help is coming for Fitzgerald? Is he really stuck in Arizona forever? He's a team first guy and under contract but I for one would like to see him get shopped around the league just for the sake of his career. He can do great things but it's looking bad right now. These are just my opinions.
    Breaston is a #1 on 80% of the teams in this league, Torry Holt clone, Hall got the ball to Fitz 4x in 16 passes so I think the problem is over

    and It's been stated a million times, Leinart wasn't cut for Anderson he was cut to keep Skelton and Hall, they are the future at the position

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by fenikz View Post
      Breaston is a #1 on 80% of the teams in this league, Torry Holt clone, Hall got the ball to Fitz 4x in 16 passes so I think the problem is over

      and It's been stated a million times, Leinart wasn't cut for Anderson he was cut to keep Skelton and Hall, they are the future at the position
      This whole post has a lot of denial in it fenikz

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by fenikz View Post
        Breaston is a #1 on 80% of the teams in this league,
        Yeah, I don't think so.

        Sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by fenikz View Post
          Breaston is a #1 on 80% of the teams in this league, Torry Holt clone, Hall got the ball to Fitz 4x in 16 passes so I think the problem is over

          and It's been stated a million times, Leinart wasn't cut for Anderson he was cut to keep Skelton and Hall, they are the future at the position
          80% really?

          Teams with better #1's:
          Miles Austin, Andre Johnson, Desean Jackson, Greg Jennings, Sidney Rice, Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Marques Colston, Steve Smith, Randy Moss/Wes Welker, Brandon Marshall, Anquan Boldin, Chad Ochocinco, Reggie Wayne. That's already like half the league and honestly it's questionable if I even take Breaston over Hakeem Nicks, Santana Moss, Santonio Holmes, Hines Ward, Mike Sims Walker, and Vincent Jackson.

          Sig By:The Dynasty

          2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

          Comment


          • #20
            Breaston can barely even walk these days. But even healthy...he's not a #1. Guy greatly benefits from playing opposite Fitz.

            Thanks BoneKrusher^

            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

            Comment


            • #21
              The Cardinals are just jealous they don't have a QB like Bruce Gradkowski.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                Forgive me for making some snap judgments based on only a few games but one of my favorite players, Fitz, is in a real predicament here fellas.

                He is basically the only healthy weapon the Cardinals have, and the cavalry that's rushing to help him is what? Early Doucet and Steve Breaston? These guys are both talented but they are barely seasoned veterans and no better than #3s in a perfect world.

                His team has no O-line. The wheels have fallen off that bus and it's killing his chances to go deep.

                His team has no QUARTERBACK because Derek Anderson doesn't count and Max Hall isn't ready. Fitz is leading the league in targets but only has a handful of catches because nobody on the squad can even put the ball near him.

                The Cardinals have stumbled into a couple wins and play in a bad division which means they have a legit chance of playing themselves out of the Locker/Luck even (gasp) Mallett sweepstakes.

                Am I the only one thinking that no help is coming for Fitzgerald? Is he really stuck in Arizona forever? He's a team first guy and under contract but I for one would like to see him get shopped around the league just for the sake of his career. He can do great things but it's looking bad right now. These are just my opinions.
                When have the Cardinals ever had a good offensive line (figuratively of course)? This is the same team that went 6 years between running backs having a 100 yard rushing game.

                Also, the problem is Anderson and not the offensive line. When Kurt Warner was quarterback, Fitzgerald was getting a lot of targets.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                  Go to the Browns after they draft Mallet and sign Randy Moss in the offseason..

                  please god.
                  This isn't Madden buddy

                  Magical sig by OSUGiants

                  SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                  Originally posted by Job
                  On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                  Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                  So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                    80% really?

                    Teams with better #1's:
                    Miles Austin, Andre Johnson, Desean Jackson, Greg Jennings, Sidney Rice, Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Marques Colston, Steve Smith, Randy Moss/Wes Welker, Brandon Marshall, Anquan Boldin, Chad Ochocinco, Reggie Wayne. That's already like half the league and honestly it's questionable if I even take Breaston over Hakeem Nicks, Santana Moss, Santonio Holmes, Hines Ward, Mike Sims Walker, and Vincent Jackson.
                    Good list, but I don't think that Boldin is a #1. I think he's a very good #2.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by wordofi View Post
                      Good list, but I don't think that Boldin is a #1. I think he's a very good #2.
                      What he's doing now must be totally irrelevant then.

                      I hate to use a repetitive statement here, but Boldin is the one who is a #1 on 80% of the teams in the league.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Boldin has always been a #1 talent in my book.

                        Thanks BoneKrusher^

                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Breaston is a capable number two, just needs to stay healthy. Behind him and Fitz, they've got no weapons.

                          The biggest issue is their offensive line. It doesn't run block effectively, and is even worse at pass blocking - atrocious in fact. As bad as Anderson is, they should stick with him the rest of the year. I don't see what good could come from Hall taking a beating behind their line.

                          At this point they're in rebuilding mode. They've got a lot of holes to shore up. Offensive line and receivers need improvement. In addition, their defense has been piss poor this year - especially the linebakers. Porter has been awful, and Greg Toler shouldn't be starting. I like Whisenhunt but this team is going nowhere fast right now.
                          Just play me, baby

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Meh. The Cards can run the ball very well. I think all three of their backs are averaging over 5 yards per carry. It's not easy to go from an extremely pass heavy offense to a ground heavy game, but that's what they needed to do. I thought Whis would be more open to the idea, given his past, but no, not really.

                            Thanks BoneKrusher^

                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                              Breaston is a capable number two, just needs to stay healthy. Behind him and Fitz, they've got no weapons.

                              The biggest issue is their offensive line. It doesn't run block effectively, and is even worse at pass blocking - atrocious in fact. As bad as Anderson is, they should stick with him the rest of the year. I don't see what good could come from Hall taking a beating behind their line.

                              At this point they're in rebuilding mode. They've got a lot of holes to shore up. Offensive line and receivers need improvement. In addition, their defense has been piss poor this year - especially the linebakers. Porter has been awful, and Greg Toler shouldn't be starting. I like Whisenhunt but this team is going nowhere fast right now.
                              this man is a raiders fan he clearly knows what it takes to win

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                Meh. The Cards can run the ball very well. I think all three of their backs are averaging over 5 yards per carry. It's not easy to go from an extremely pass heavy offense to a ground heavy game, but that's what they needed to do. I thought Whis would be more open to the idea, given his past, but no, not really.
                                Definitely. Their best option right now is to pound the ball with Beanie and Hightower. The quarterback and pass blocking won't cut it, they've got to be a run first team. Beanie needs to get more than five carries in a game.
                                Just play me, baby

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information