Jermichael Finley likely out for the season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jermichael Finley likely out for the season

The injury news continues to get worse for the Green Bay Packers.

Tight end Jermichael Finley, expected to miss at least three weeks with a right knee injury, is now likely out for the season, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Wednesday, citing an unnamed source.

According to the newspaper, doctors discovered they could repair Finley's meniscus, rather then remove it, meaning a better long-term prognosis for the tight end but a longer recovery period in the short term. Finley's recovery period reportedly is now 8 to 10 weeks.

The 23-year-old Finley has 21 receptions for 301 yards and one touchdown this season.

Finley is among many injured Packers, headlined by quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who suffered a concussion in Green Bay's Week 5 loss at Washington. Coach Mike McCarthy said Monday "it's possible" Rodgers miss miss Sunday's game against the Dolphins but will definitely miss some practice time.

In addition, linebacker Nick Barnett might miss the rest of the season with a wrist injury, linebacker Clay Matthews has a left hamstring strain, defensive lineman Ryan Pickett has an ankle sprain, tight end Donald Lee has a chest sprain and safety Derrick Martin was placed on season-ending injured reserve Wednesday with a knee sprain.

Matthews' injury was not as severe as the one that caused him to miss most of training camp and the preseason. Lee might be out a few weeks.

Meanwhile, veteran right tackle Mark Tauscher has a shoulder injury and was inactive against Washington.

Green Bay has already lost starting running back Ryan Grant to a season-ending ankle injury, starting safety Morgan Burnett to a torn ACL and backup defensive lineman Justin Harrell to a knee injury.

Cornerback Al Harris (knee) and safety Atari Bigby (ankle) might return to practice for the first time next week, although it's not clear whether either will be able to play right away.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5681176

Discuss

Oh noes :(

Comment

There goes my starting tight end in fantasy, sweeeeet.

Sucks for the Pack.

Comment

This is a BIG blow.

Comment

i still dont understand how it happened
          RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

The curse of Stephie Bad News!

Really happy I traded Rodgers/Finley for Mike Turner, Megatron, and Zach Miller right now.
            Last edited by yourfavestoner; 10-13-2010, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Finley is going to be that guy. He just looks like that guy who is going to be an impact player when he's able to be on the field, but somehow always ends up on IR.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                There goes my starting tight end in fantasy, sweeeeet.

Sucks for the Pack.
                Pick up Andrew Quarless.

Packers are cursed this season for injuries. I'm not sure Finley will go to IR though.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
                  i still dont understand how it happened
                  Because ***** Donald Lee was kept over Spencer Havner.
                  Lee's hands are like butterfingers.
                  He fumbled.

The action on Finley's knee didn't look that bad, but those ***** knees are fragile body parts. The game we lost Kampman and Al Harris to torn ACL's last year, they were both untouched. Nobody rolled into them.

By far, even moreso than the ***** referees, the knee injuries are the worst thing about the great sport of football. I hate seeing anyone's knees go, even Viking players.

Comment

Yeah it was just strange I was looking for what happened but nothing popped out to me. Even the Donald Lee injury I have no idea what would have cause that.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Bring back Bubba

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                        Bring back Bubba
                        Nice alliteration. I like.

Comment

The Packers offense is really going to be hurting without him. I guess this will be Greg Jennings last chance to prove to me that he's not massively overrated.

Comment

That really sucks I like Finley a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                              The Packers offense is really going to be hurting without him. I guess this will be Greg Jennings last chance to prove to me that he's not massively overrated.
                              Every team is taking away the deep ball threat of Jennings. Driver and James Jones are the monsters of the passing game now. Andrew Quarless looked pretty good though, thought he was flying under the radar during the draft process.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information