Clear All

• Antwan Odom suspended for PEDs

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5687593

Discuss.

Didn't this happen like a month ago?
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

The NFL should stop pretending they care about PED usage.

Comment

Last season's breakout year and subsequent injury now makes a lot of sense.

Comment

"The NFL did not dispute the facts in this case and accepted the Cincinnati Bengals' weight records showing that Antwan's target reporting weight was 275 lbs. and that he actually reported at 255 lbs., confirming that Antwan had no reason to take a weight-loss medicine," Cornwell said in the statement. "The steroid program's administrator, Dr. John Lombardo, testified that no competitive advantage was gained by this mistake and that no physical difference would be apparent to Antwan from taking his wife's medicine as opposed to his own."

bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
            "The NFL did not dispute the facts in this case and accepted the Cincinnati Bengals' weight records showing that Antwan's target reporting weight was 275 lbs. and that he actually reported at 255 lbs., confirming that Antwan had no reason to take a weight-loss medicine," Cornwell said in the statement. "The steroid program's administrator, Dr. John Lombardo, testified that no competitive advantage was gained by this mistake and that no physical difference would be apparent to Antwan from taking his wife's medicine as opposed to his own."
            I should have read the article.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              I should have read the article.
              I was in your line of thought before I read it.

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

Am I the only one who gets more disappointed by the player's excuse for testing positive rather than the original infraction?

[edit: I shouldve read it too, my apologies, Antwan. But my point still stands.
                Last edited by HeavyLeggedWaistBender; 10-15-2010, 02:58 PM.
                I want a sig.

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                  The NFL should stop pretending they care about PED usage.
                  I agree, they should either stop trying or actually get serious about testing it's players, because the current system is a joke in terms of testing procedure and punishments.
                  Save the Colts, and fire Pollian.

Comment

One number, speculation of course, but here it goes......70%.

That's all NFL players at some point in their careers have been on PEDs.
                    Chew on that.

Comment

Wow I hope he gets a fair appeal of this because it seems not too bad. I honestly thought it was going to be something to help him get back from that injury faster.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                        One number, speculation of course, but here it goes......70%.

That's all NFL players at some point in their careers have been on PEDs.
                        Chew on that.
                        You know that wouldn't be that much of a surprise, and with the laxity of the testing program and how light the punishment is there isn't much of a chance of being caught or getting a meaningful punishment for it.

Comment

If there isn't much chance of getting caught, why do the guys we expect(Cushing and Merriman were no brainers) and then a bunch of others, still get caught?
                          Originally posted by SNIPER26
                          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                            If there isn't much chance of getting caught, why do the guys we expect(Cushing and Merriman were no brainers) and then a bunch of others, still get caught?
                            The reason they get caught is because generally they screw something up or use something that is easy to test for. If dopers in football are anything like the dopers in other sports they are on strict regimes done by doctors which reduce the likelihood of being caught, as they can monitor the dosages and administer correct masking agents. While the NFL has a pretty good testing program compared to the other American sport leagues, it still has some massive loopholes you can slip through if you are smart.

Comment

Originally posted by colts_fan8818 View Post
                              The reason they get caught is because generally they screw something up or use something that is easy to test for. If dopers in football are anything like the dopers in other sports they are on strict regimes done by doctors which reduce the likelihood of being caught, as they can monitor the dosages and administer correct masking agents. While the NFL has a pretty good testing program compared to the other American sport leagues, it still has some massive loopholes you can slip through if you are smart.
                              I hear you, but I think that saying 3/4 of the league has done it is really high. I don't think baseball even hit that mark, did they?
                              Originally posted by SNIPER26
                              fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information