Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
    Yes it would.
    You guys are seriously making mountains out of molehills on this part of it.

Devastating:
    1. Highly destructive or damaging.
    2. Causing severe shock, distress, or grief

If the hit to a player is to be devastating, it would have to qualify as one of those. And seeing as a normal clean NFL hit usually (remember, usually) is not highly destructive or damaging, nor does it cause severe shock, distress or grief.

I think they sensationalized the current wording. That is all.
    Accidents happen, yes. But the number of fake "accidents" will never go down unless they do more to prevent them from occurring. A $50,000 fine is not gonna matter to a man on a $5,000,000 per year contract. Add in it goes to charity and which I believe makes it a tax write off.

Harrison could have made that hit 10 different ways, same result in the play and no injuries.
    **** it then every time I get hit I'll just have my agent state how much grief and distress I'm going through and the NFL will fine that player? Yeah thats a great definitively clear definition. Who the **** doesnt feel grief or distress when they get hit by a ******* 250 pound linebacker? And Mark Schlereth hit it right on the head, ******* NFL.com was selling the pictures of those hits online for up to 250 dollars. But lets just keep believing that their interested in protecting it's players.
    Last edited by Jvig43; 10-20-2010, 04:13 PM.

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
      **** it then every time I get hit I'll just have my agent state how much grief and distress I'm going through and the NFL will fine that player? Yeah thats a great definitively clear definition. Who the **** doesnt feel grief or distress when they get hit by a ******* 250 pound linebacker? And Mark Schlereth hit it right on the head, ******* NFL.com was selling the pictures of those hits online for up to 250 dollars. But lets just keep believing that their interested in protecting it's players.
      Jesus man.
      You nitpicked the **** out of that to get what you wanted. It is clear until you narrow it down until what you want it to say until it isn't clear. Are you a political-science or law major?

Do you really think the NFL is run so that the people who actually have the authority to change and adjust NFL rules had a damn thing to do with what stills from a game are sold? That is probably the job of a fresh-faced college kid they just hired. So if I go to a restaurant and the food sucks should I blame the cleaning crew?
      Marketing =/= Execs who change rules.

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

Jesus man.
        You nitpicked the **** out of that to get what you wanted. It is clear until you narrow it down until what you want it to say until it isn't clear. Are you a political-science or law major?

Do you really think the NFL is run so that the people who actually have the authority to change and adjust NFL rules had a damn thing to do with what stills from a game are sold? That is probably the job of a fresh-faced college kid they just hired. So if I go to a restaurant and the food sucks should I blame the cleaning crew?
        They actually hire a company to do that for them, so it wasn't even the NFL per say, lol.

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Jesus man.

Haha actually I was a law/crm major but am now a philosophy/education major. Anyway, that doesnt explain all the hard hits videos they sell online from years and years ago. And yeah I'll nitpick because this is what the players get for a definition and their expected to just understand what that means in the heat of a moment? It's another quick/rash move over reacting to maybe two illegal hits?

Originally posted by WMD
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
            They actually hire a company to do that for them, so it wasn't even the NFL per say, lol.
            Doesnt matter it's still being represented by the same people who are changing the rules of hits. And on the videos is a NFL films production.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
              Doesnt matter it's still being represented by the same people who are changing the rules of hits. And on the videos is a NFL films production.
              DO you honestly think they knew before it was brought up?

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

DO you honestly think they knew before it was brought up?
                It doesnt matter, they were responsible for it being up and are making money off of hard hits videos, and then turn around and start fining players money for making those hits when the NFL is taping these hits then making a profit out of it. Hard hitting has been around since football started, and to make billions off of it, and then turn around and start fining players, especially the ones who made legal hits is wrong. The relevance of them knowing if they had hard hits videos up online before this came up is moot. Their selling that **** every day and profiting off these videos and now their fining players for the very thing their selling. The league isnt going about this in the right way what so ever.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Large corporation appears hypocritical! News at 11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                    Large corporation appears hypocritical! News at 11.
                    Not the point.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• James Harrison mulling retirement in wake of fine, not sure if posted.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5706748

edit-just saw it was posted, pretty crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                        James Harrison mulling retirement in wake of fine, not sure if posted.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5706748

edit-just saw it was posted, pretty crazy.
                        It's been mentioned. In this economy he might want to reconsider, unemployment is not all that much for a pro athlete. Some of these guys would be better off not talking.

Comment

• The irony of Rodney Harrison suggesting suspensions for helmet to helmet hits has me in stitches. If they were handing out suspensions for that during his heydey he would have never played.
                          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                          The APS is strong in this one.
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Almost every single hit in that video would warrant a fine or suspension. I literally was just laughing at how many of those hits connected with the heads.

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43
                              The desean Jackson hit was clean and Dunta still got fined. So yes, we are talking new legislation here.
                              Although I don't fully understand why Dunta got fined, I do agree that something needs to happen, it's getting worse. I can't remember an NFL season with so many concussions early on.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43
                                The desean Jackson hit was clean and Dunta still got fined. So yes, we are talking new legislation here.
                                Guys have been getting fined forever, i thought the issue here was suspensions.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information