• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
    I wonder how soccer makes money?
    By being a popular sport in America.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
      Or I guess they could just put the product on PPV and completely eliminate commercials, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Worst part of it is though is that when you switch to the other game (CBS or Fox), they are usually going to a timeout as well. It's like they synchronize these things.
      If this happens I will never again watch football.

sig by fenikz
      Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
      You are just a terrible person.
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      I have an iPhone.

Comment

Don't they have advertisements all over everything?
        **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
          If this happens I will never again watch football.
          yes you will, just not legally.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

They have the video boards all around soccer fields so you're constantly seeing company names. They sink in by the time the game is over.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I understand that. But they take so many and sometimes in the middle of drives.

Why can't you take them, after TD, after KR, after PR during reviews. That is usually when they have the most time. Even during Time outs.

Scoccor gets a lump sum TV contract, merchendising, ticket sales etc. Remember the teams have a lot less money than NFL teams owners do...and its only the say top 5 richest that have a lot, other than that a lot of teams have very little

Comment

Do they actually think anyone was still watching at the two minute warning?

Comment

Thanks Del Rio for helping me win vs. my co-worker in fantasy last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                    You should see NFL GameMix for Sunday Ticket. Five out of the eight games will be synchronized and showing the exact succession of commercials at the same time.
                    Guess they didn't sell a lot of airtime this month.

You can tell ESPN is short on commercial time slot sales when they run the same commercial (usually their in-house sports celeb joke commercials) back to back or run filler PSAs.

I thought Disney was run by The Dark Side (AKA marketing), but sometimes when I watch ESPN I don't think they could manage a kool aid stand.

Comment

I understand that. But they take so many and sometimes in the middle of drives.

Why can't you take them, after TD, after KR, after PR during reviews. That is usually when they have the most time. Even during Time outs.

I assume by "in the middle of drives" you're saying they go to break after a timeout is called, correct? Because I've never seen a broadcast station go to commercial in the middle of play as a team is driving.

Usually timeouts take a minute or so (don't know the exact amount of time the team is awarded) and in the eyes of broadcast stations a minute is enough to squeeze in a minutes worth of commercials.

I'm with you though on the fact that there are too many and it slows the game down, which makes it frustrating to watch at times.

What pisses me off the most though is that they will go to commercial after a score, come back for the kickoff and then go to another break after the play is over.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

They do this in college games all the time:

5-8 commercials, then a KO with the return. Followed by 4-5 commercials. Complete continuity breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                          They do this in college games all the time:

5-8 commercials, then a KO with the return. Followed by 4-5 commercials. Complete continuity breakdown.
                          I read where the MNF game got a better rating than Cliff Lee's masterpiece against the Yankees. What does that say about baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                            I read where the MNF game got a better rating than Cliff Lee's masterpiece against the Yankees. What does that say about baseball.
                            I'm the first one to take a dump all over baseball, but I think that rating has far more to do with the popularity of fantasy football and how it's taking the NFL to unprecedented heights.

Nashville is the 29th largest market in the US. Jacksonville is 40th. This was a terrible game.

New York is 1st in market size. Dallas is 5th. This was a really good, important playoff game.

You're telling me that many people were genuinely interested in an absolutely terrible football game? Or did a lot of fantasy football games hang on CJY2K and MJD's production? I think it has way more to do with the latter than the former.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
                              I doubt that Del Rio used timeouts cause ESPN asked him to. I expect and hope that he was going to do it regardless.

I really can't see any head coach caring about what a network wants him to do.
                              Del Rio is going to need a job from someone next year ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
                                Del Rio is going to need a job from someone next year ;)
                                Yessir, he's a company man.

I wonder if he regrets not taking the USC job right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information