Ryan Fitzpatrick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    Well lets think about it rationally. The Bills played about as well as that team can play yesterday, and they still came away with a loss. If you think the Bills are going to win 5 games this season, then you probably don't belong on a board talking about football as it is. That said, even if they did somehow manage to win 5 games they should still absolutely, 100% take a QB if they have a shot at Locker or Luck. Forgetting the fact that winning 5 games would probably put them out of contention for those two, they still need someone as a long term franchise QB because Ryan Fitzpatrick is just not it. He throws an UGLY ball. Wow. I watched the entire game yesterday and dear lord some of those throws were ugly. Yes, right now thats getting it done but long term? Get outta here.

Fact of the matter is you can take Jake Locker, who actually has a skillset that is pretty similar to Fitzpatrick's except 10X stronger, and sub him into Gailey's offense and that team already looks a whole hell of a lot better. They actually have a pretty nice nucleus on that team if and if they improve along the offensive line (Jared Gaither) and get themselves a nice young TE for their young QB to throw to, they've already got a steady #1 and #2 and a nice two headed monster in the backfield. The defense is swiss cheese, but thats a whole different story. They need a face that can lead that franchise straight up to Toronto
    Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
    Exactly. Wait until the weather gets nasty in Buffalo and any other late season, outdoor, northeast games are played.
    Hold on. Ugly ball or ugly decisions? Decisions, too many risky balls but after Edwards, and on the Bills, can you blame him? Ugly ball? I don't see it. Fitzy throws the ball 10x better than he did on the Bengals. I've been impressed with the velocity, touch and accuracy/anticipation he's putting on the ball-he's def getting everything out of a mediocre arm ala Jeff Garcia. He's def improved there as far as mechanics and velocity go and it appears to me he's getting better overall with experience.

He's just 2yrs older than Henne. (K, 3 come late November) If he continues to play around this level, I say the wise move is to improve the defense, draft playmakers and get a good developmental QB with a good chance to start eventually, like Ponder, who also fits Chan's offense to a T, in the 3rd or 4th round. None of the top three QB's in this class will be ready to start for an nfl squad next season and maby even the next.

Because rationally, the Bills could win now with Fitz as the starter with more talent to throw to, and a defense with a pulse. A young QB, even a football genius such as Luck, would take 2yrs or so to get to the competency level Fitz is at right now in Gailey's offense, and by that time Chan would be gone.
    Last edited by Brown Leader; 10-26-2010, 01:27 AM.

Originally posted by borg9
    Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

he's going through a hot spell right now, it doesn't mean he's actually legit. there are times plenty of back ups look like starters - matt moore end of last year, shaun hill on and off, todd collins that year with the redskins, jeff garcia any time he's on a team with a WCO and he doesn't start the season, the infamous derek anderson year, etc

if he plays out the rest of the season decently (and he WILL come down from his current play) it allows the bills flexibility, but that's it. if they somehow end up drafting 13th and the guy (or guys) they wanted are already gone, they don't have to panic and take jp losman 2.0. otherwise, you take your guy and let fitzpatrick play the next season and however many seasons after that until chan gailey gets fired. then you start the guy you drafted

Comment

Originally posted by Brown Leader View Post
        Hold on. Ugly ball or ugly decisions? Decisions, too many risky balls but after Edwards, and on the Bills, can you blame him? Ugly ball? I don't see it. Fitzy throws the ball 10x better than he did on the Bengals. I've been impressed with the velocity, touch and accuracy/anticipation he's putting on the ball-he's def getting everything out of a mediocre arm ala Jeff Garcia. He's def improved there as far as mechanics and velocity go and it appears to me he's getting better overall with experience.

He's just 2yrs older than Henne. (K, 3 come late November) If he continues to play around this level, I say the wise move is to improve the defense, draft playmakers and get a good developmental QB with a good chance to start eventually, like Ponder, who also fits Chan's offense to a T, in the 3rd or 4th round. None of the top three QB's in this class will be ready to start for an nfl squad next season and maby even the next.

Because rationally, the Bills could win now with Fitz as the starter with more talent to throw to, and a defense with a pulse. A young QB, even a football genius such as Luck, would take 2yrs or so to get to the competency level Fitz is at right now in Gailey's offense, and by that time Chan would be gone.
        Mediocre arm strength and bad decisions will be exposed in late season Buffalo (and AFC East) weather. The rest of what you say is exactly my point - take a top talent and let him sit for a season or 3 like Palmer / Rodger, etc.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

He went to Harvard. That alone is worthy of being Canton bound
          Originally posted by njx9
          i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

But bro, Fitzy is Ivy Leaguezzz

EDIT: Excuse my worn out zzzz joke

Comment

He has 11 TDs, 4 INTs. The same as Brady has, only in 2 fewer games.

If he keeps up this pace he'll have one of the best, if not the best season of any QB in the league.

Like Babylon said, the sample is too small, but if he keeps playing at a very high level I don't see how you could draft a QB.

Comment

I'd like to revisit this now that Fitzpatrick's play has still been pretty solid, even today against a good Pittsburgh defense. The Bills will most likely play themselves out of Andrew Luck. With needing help on D, do they Bowers. Quinn, Dareus, or Fairley instead of Mallett or Locker? What does everyone think of Fitz now, has anyone's opinion changed?

Comment

He should be the guy for another year. Luck's the only QB worth even considering in the top ten and he won't last to Buffalo, and Fitzpatrick has been excellent. Had Stevie not dropped that pass, Fitz would've successfully won the game for the Bills.
                  Just play me, baby

Comment

Yup. Frisky Fritzy wins me over more and more each week.

Comment

He's awesome to watch cause he's a scrappy son of a *****, but god damned does he throw an ugly ball.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Fitz is fun to watch sometimes and you have to give Buffalo alot of credit for playing so hard every week.

But I think if they are in position, they should draft a QB early. If Fitzpatrick keeps it up then you could trade him in a year or two. Teams will always be looking for good veteran QB's (assuming he becomes a good veteran QB), and if he doesn't, then you hopefully have the future.
                        Last edited by BuddyCHRIST; 11-29-2010, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Yep this just means you've got more time to polish that rookie QB before throwing him out there. And if Fitzy becomes Bressus 2.0 then you either hold onto him if the QBOTF fails, or trade him and hand over the reigns to the QBOTF if he develops into a stud himself.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                          Originally posted by JBCX
                          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Canuck View Post
                            What does everyone think of Fitz now, has anyone's opinion changed?
                            I would completely understand the decision to forego QB in the early rounds of the draft at this point. I still think we may see some weather related problems for his throws over the final stretch, though.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

What in the hell was going on in the off-season when they thought Trent Edwards was the better QB and so called "outplayed" Fitzpatrick? Either way you DO NOT let him not take a QB for you, you just hope he keeps it up and you can bench your QB for a year or 2. Don't rush your rookie, build the offensive line up properly.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                What in the hell was going on in the off-season when they thought Trent Edwards was the better QB and so called "outplayed" Fitzpatrick?
                                Trent Edwards DID outplay Fitzpatrick. Trent Edwards is a great quarterback when there is no live hitting. Once your get into a real game with live hitting, he just shells up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information