Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This season's terrible officiating.(not a rant)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This season's terrible officiating.(not a rant)

    This is a pretty good recap of the big blown calls this season.

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html

    I know there are several more this season that are not pictured their. But so many of these bad calls this season are of the game deciding variety. Whats even worse is a lot of these get reviewed, and they still blow the call.

  • #2
    This why the NFL should automate as much of this as possible. I don't give a **** about the "human element" of officiating or any of that BS.

    Comment


    • #3
      In my opinion we should replace human refs with robot refs, and there should be a chip in the football, censor on the goal line. When the chip crosses the plain the ball will light up and start beeping.

      /weird fantasy
      Last edited by V.I.P; 10-25-2010, 07:43 PM.


      Mike Will & V-Jax

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
        This why the NFL should automate as much of this as possible. I don't give a **** about the "human element" of officiating or any of that BS.
        Agreed. "Human element" = "Human error."

        Things I'd like to see:

        -Buzzers on the officials that go off when the play clock hits 0.

        -Any questionable play can be reviewed immediately by a replay official. No calling the ref over or anything stupid like that....the official in the booth sees the replay as soon as it is available, typically a few seconds after the play, and can decide if it deserves another look. If it does, he watches it again...sees different angles if need be, then sends the correct call down to the officials on the field. It would take under 30 seconds for even the most complex calls.

        Comment


        • #5
          Gene Steratore's crew is responsible for #1 and #2.

          Comment


          • #6
            I agree that the Dolphins got jibbed out of that game, but that's not the reason why they lost the game.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
              Agreed. "Human element" = "Human error."

              Things I'd like to see:

              -Buzzers on the officials that go off when the play clock hits 0.

              -Any questionable play can be reviewed immediately by a replay official. No calling the ref over or anything stupid like that....the official in the booth sees the replay as soon as it is available, typically a few seconds after the play, and can decide if it deserves another look. If it does, he watches it again...sees different angles if need be, then sends the correct call down to the officials on the field. It would take under 30 seconds for even the most complex calls.
              For your first one, you'd have to change the rule. The rule isn't "clock hits 0=delay of game"

              I do agree with censors on the goal line however...


              Follow Me on Twitter!
              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                For your first one, you'd have to change the rule. The rule isn't "clock hits 0=delay of game"

                I do agree with censors on the goal line however...
                So you agree with the BS about the official needs to see it hit 0 and then see that the ball still isn't snapped or however it's written? So dumb.....When it hits 0, whistles should be blowing like crazy.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  Agreed. "Human element" = "Human error."

                  Things I'd like to see:

                  -Buzzers on the officials that go off when the play clock hits 0.

                  -Any questionable play can be reviewed immediately by a replay official. No calling the ref over or anything stupid like that....the official in the booth sees the replay as soon as it is available, typically a few seconds after the play, and can decide if it deserves another look. If it does, he watches it again...sees different angles if need be, then sends the correct call down to the officials on the field. It would take under 30 seconds for even the most complex calls.
                  Eh, that's what college football does and it seems like every single game has a stretch where five or six plays in a row end up getting reviewed, completely killing the momentum of the game.

                  Bad calls have never been something that have bothered me. I've found, through both playing and coaching, that calls even out over the course of a season. Nobody ever remembers bad calls that go in your favor, or stuff you get away with that ends up a no-call. For every call that goes against my team, I notice five other things that they got away with. It happens in every game to every team.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Brandon Flowers "PI" should be higher then 4.and Brandon Carr's "PI" should have been on this list as well

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It's not like this doesn't happen like every season though. The big thing is whatever this rule is when the player catches it in the endzone that happened to Megatron, stuff like that is unacceptable.

                      Another thing to think about is a lesser pass interference penalty, offenses are given too much, and it can decide games (ex. denver versus jets). If that can happen, why dont QB's just throw a bomb and hope for a P.I., its not football, thats not a way to win.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                        I agree that the Dolphins got jibbed out of that game, but that's not the reason why they lost the game.
                        That's a tough argument to make considering they would have kneeled down to win the game.


                        Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                          That's a tough argument to make considering they would have kneeled down to win the game.
                          There was I think 2:33 and the Steelers had all three timeouts. The Dolphins were given two fumbles in or around the red zone and only got 6 points. Also, they had a chance at the end, and got like 3 yards.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                            There was I think 2:33 and the Steelers had all three timeouts. The Dolphins were given two fumbles in or around the red zone and only got 6 points. Also, they had a chance at the end, and got like 3 yards.
                            No, that call was definitely the reason they lost.

                            Bonekrusher.

                            Originally posted by JordanTaber
                            Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                              There was I think 2:33 and the Steelers had all three timeouts. The Dolphins were given two fumbles in or around the red zone and only got 6 points. Also, they had a chance at the end, and got like 3 yards.

                              That is all irrelevant.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information