No announcement yet.

The New England Patriots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They just ran through one of the toughest 4-game stretches you'll see on any team's schedule and came out unscathed. The best part, as bbd mentioned, is that they're only getting better. I think part of the problem is that few-to-none of the players that are getting it done are superstars (yet).

Comment

Belichick is the best coach in the NFL. If you didn't think so for whatever reason then this season is definitive proof.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

If would have told me, we'd be 6-1 to start the season months ago- I would have called you a liar
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          Belichick is the best coach in the NFL. If you didn't think so for whatever reason then this season is definitive proof.
          The guy is a genius, he traded Moss to the Vikings for a 3rd and he might end up getting Moss back for free in March. He's got this NFL thing figured out and he is pwning noobs like Brad Childress left and right. :(

Comment

BB taking over for our defense and being very hands on has done wonders for our young guys. But lets just close this thread. you didnt see annnnnnything.

Originally posted by WMD
            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
            Originally posted by gpngc
            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

I really like this team. We are getting back to the way we played prior to 2007, a tough and balanced team. A lot of our young guys have really stepped up and we aren't trying to be just a high flying offense anymore like we were focused on being for the last few years. I forget who said it but it was a SWDC poster (I think BBD), Belichick was trying to be more like Bill Polian than Bill Belichick in 2007. This looks like the Patriot teams we were more used to seeing in the early part of the last decade, tough and balanced.

Some of these young guys have really been impressive or at least shown glimpses. Some young contributors who have stepped up this year-

McCourty (<3...I am eating crow on that one)
              Spikes
              Chung
              Cunningham
              Hernandez
              Woodhead
              Brace
              Ninkovich
              Green-Ellis
              Deadrick
              Pryor

We are looking good this year, but throw in all these picks we have this upcoming draft and we are going to be looking good for the future. Sometimes it is frustrating the way we let guys go and move so much with draft picks, but right now it looks like it is all making sense.

Comment

It would be sick if they got Moss back next year. Although I doubt they will, since they got rid of him bc he's a nutjob.

Comment

I would be so happy if we got Moss back. Who knows what will happen next year.

Originally posted by WMD
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

http://philly.sbnation.com/2010/10/3...ess-conference

i think moss will be back. it was all he could do to not beg for belicheck to take him back.

Comment

Moss coming back would be hysterical. His situation has the feel of a bad decision that completely blew up in his face. If his less than stellar play continues all year then he very well could be back in NE next season. He's not earning a huge payout with his gator arms and greased up hands, so it's not entirely crazy to think he'd come back to the Pats for a reasonable price.

NE still needs serious improvement in 3rd down efficiency on D. Until they pull themselves out of the bottom of that particular barrel they'll have a tough go come playoff time. Stopping AP at the goal line (twice) was nice to see, though.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Well, Moss is going to have to ask himself a simple question:

What do I love more, money, or the Patriots?

I think I know what his answer is going to be...

Comment

I'd just like to say that only Bill Belichick could have the best record in football during a rebuilding year.
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                            I'd just like to say that only Bill Belichick could have the best record in football during a rebuilding year.
                            I have loooved the people bashing us since the preseason saying things like "why does everyone think BB is a good coach?" and "Pats arent making the playoffs without Randy Moss", or my favorite "The pats have no chance of getting to the superbowl and wont be any time soon". Is it bad I remember exactly who said all of those? haha

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              Well, Moss is going to have to ask himself a simple question:

What do I love more, money, or the Patriots?

I think I know what his answer is going to be...
                              Apparently we'll know the answer a whole lot sooner than we thought.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by McBain View Post
                                http://philly.sbnation.com/2010/10/3...ess-conference

i think moss will be back. it was all he could do to not beg for belicheck to take him back.
                                this is starting to look like a prophecy. moss is back in NE in the next 24 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information