Aaron Curry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Curry

What ever happened to him? I thought he was supposed to be the safest pick in the '09 draft?

Just like Reggie Bush was supposed to be the next Barry Sanders. 90% of the guys taken in the NFL Draft never amount to anything significant.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Is Curry playing SLB in a 4-3? If so, that explains it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pil View Post
        Is Curry playing SLB in a 4-3? If so, that explains it all.
        But it was his versatility that had all the draftniks drooling.

Nobody is saying anything right now because it's still too soon. Nobody wants to admit they were wrong, and he could still become a good player.

I think it's safe to say, he wouldn't go that high if the draft were held today though.

Comment

And some dorkus malorkus Lions fans wanted us to take Aaron Curry or Jason Smith over Matt Stafford.

Comment

Taylor Mays over all! #1 to Lions!
            SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
            Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

AJ Hawk all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                AJ Hawk all over again.
                this is what i was gonna say. neither are bad players, but their position wont ever live up to their draft status
                E]

Comment

Seattle's run defense is one of the best in the NFL right now. Curry is starting at SLB. He has a lot to do with the run defense in a 4-3. Remember Derrick Johnson? He was supposed to be a beast, too, and he also toiled in obscurity as a SAM in a 4-3 for years. I do wonder what the Seahawks are saying about the guy behind closed doors...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

From what I've seen, he's just like A.J. Hawk in that he's "just another guy." He's not a liability out there on the field, but he isn't an impact player either. Looks like someone who can eventually be upgraded but you can live with his current play while you fill bigger and more important holes.

Comment

I only remember people saying that Curry would be a "safe" pick.
                      Will never be a superstar but will be a starter for ten years.
                      ... isn't that exactly what he's doing?
                      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

If you're spending the #4 overall pick, I think people expect more of an impact on the field.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Fans often measure the quality of a player's performance based on glamour plays like sacks and ints. I have no idea how Curry is playing, but not putting up lots of glamour stats while playing SLB doesn't automatically mean he's not playing well.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                            Seattle's run defense is one of the best in the NFL right now. Curry is starting at SLB. He has a lot to do with the run defense in a 4-3. Remember Derrick Johnson? He was supposed to be a beast, too, and he also toiled in obscurity as a SAM in a 4-3 for years. I do wonder what the Seahawks are saying about the guy behind closed doors...
                            Derrick Johnson is finally playing like what the Chiefs thought they were getting when they drafted him, it might take Curry a few years as well.

Comment

Exactly my point!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information