• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    J-Roc did that plopped on his fat ass.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...s_russell.html

40 from his fat ass
    60 from a knee
    80 standing

its ok you were only exaggerated 150% of what he actually did, which is probably close to the same as what everyone else is doing haha.

dont know why youre all saying this crap though, there is clear sources saying your wrong. just look it up. damn
    Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
    Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

mallet might take this discussion next year
      E]

Comment

Originally posted by hockey619 View Post
        http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...s_russell.html

40 from his fat ass
        60 from a knee
        80 standing

its ok you were only exaggerated 150% of what he actually did, which is probably close to the same as what everyone else is doing haha.

dont know why youre all saying this crap though, there is clear sources saying your wrong. just look it up. damn
        actually he exaggerated 50%, considering that's how percentages work.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
          Vick's throws just look so effortless. Just a flick of the wrist and he can laser it 20+ yards on a rope.

Vick appears to have sacrificed arm strength for accuracy though. He's playing out of his mind right now and is just carving up defenses with beautiful passes.
          I would agree with you here, however, he still struggles with accuracy over the middle. I don't know what it is, but that has been the one area of his game this season that has shown up as a negative. It might have something to do with him being relatively short, and our linemen being tall (most of our interior O-linemen are taller than Vick) or some lingering doubt in his mind, but that has been his one inconsistency this season. For those that haven't noticed it yet, pay some extra attention to his throws over the middle in next week's game if you watch...
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by elway=goat View Post
            Yeah comparing a 37 year old past his prime Elway to Favre is accurate. Both coming out fresh out of college, I think Elway would easily have the stronger arm. 75 yards from his knee.
            Vortex Megaflight does not qualify.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
              Vortex Megaflight does not qualify.

I ******* remember that commercial. I never wanted a nerf more than after watching that commercial.

Comment

the lack of respect for Jeff George in this thread is upsetting

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  the lack of respect for Jeff George in this thread is upsetting
                  Honestly, all I remember of Jeff George is his "washed up days", and even those are hazy. I am too young to remember Jeff George, the prospect, and much of the board is of the age that wouldn't really remember him as a prospect, which is why it seems that he isn't getting a lot of respect.

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
                    mallet might take this discussion next year
                    Mallett has a big arm, but he isn't even close to Vick or Boller or JaMarcus Russell. More like Brett Favre.
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

come on guys Favre?

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                        How did such a wasted QB talent get a hot wife?

Ask Tim Couch.

Comment

I see a nipple!

Comment

You guys are idiots. This man had the strongest arm that I've ever seen by far.

Comment

Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post

Ask Tim Couch.
                              Why would any man let his wife go out in public with a see-thru blouse and no bra?

Anyways, George has to be on the top of my list. Followed by Russel.

sig by fenikz
                              Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                              You are just a terrible person.
                              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                              I have an iPhone.

Comment

This is kinda impossible to quantify in any real way.

What I always though was amazing about Vick's arm was the seemingly nonchalant and loose wind-up while his body is fading away from his throwing target which still winds up in a rocket throw. Vick has made as many "wow" throws as any quarterback I've ever seen.

That said, guys like Russell or George were guys who'd stand tall in the pocket and would get the ball out so quickly and that ball would move so fast that they made 20 yard in-routes look like 8-yard in-routes. The ball would just disappear and the wide receiver would suddenly have it.

example (Russell in college, and I'd like to stress this clip is at normal speed).

Not to suggest that Vick is somehow incapable of this, just that he rarely put himself in the position to make those kinds of throws. His entire package made his arm more impressive by association, but guys like George or Russell impressed me solely by their arms alone.
                                Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck; 11-10-2010, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information