Does Mike Vick have the "Strongest" throwing arm in NFL histo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Mike Vick have the "Strongest" throwing arm in NFL histo

I was watching the Eagles vs Colts and the some of those throws that were completed by Vick were jaw dropping missles to his receivers. Also, that throw he made from his own endzone was absolutley amazing, I mean with the flick of his wrist and the ball just explodes out of his hand. So the question is does Micheal Vick have the strongest arm in NFL history? I know some people may say Jamarcus Russell but I think it is disputable. In my opinion aside from Russell, no one else comes close. Your thoughts please.

meet Jeff George

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Yeah, Jeff George launched some absolute rockets in his day.
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

I don't know, but this thread will probably turn into 10 pages of people pretending they can accurately measure who has 'teh strongest arm evez!!1".

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
          Yeah, Jeff George launched some absolute rockets in his day.
          I believe the saying was "Arm by NASA, Body by LEGO."

Vick is very much in the conversation for best "functional" arm strength. He can throw lasers and the deep bombs.

Comment

Yeah, Jeff George threw the prettiest ball the league has probably ever seen. His release was so compact, fast, and beautiful.

That one season in Minnesota with Moss was pure sex on every deep ball.

Comment

This gentleman here also says "hi"

Comment

I still think it was/is Vick. I've seen them all play in one way or another, and Vick's arm just stands out a little more. It really was ridiculous at his peak.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

Can't forget about

Comment

I remember the first time I saw Vick throw a swing pass to an RB, he threw it abour 120 MPH. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

Vick's throws just look so effortless. Just a flick of the wrist and he can laser it 20+ yards on a rope.

Vick appears to have sacrificed arm strength for accuracy though. He's playing out of his mind right now and is just carving up defenses with beautiful passes.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                        Vick's throws just look so effortless. Just a flick of the wrist and he can laser it 20+ yards on a rope.
                        Thats the truth. Vick has a extremely strong arm, not the best ever, but he makes it look so effortless. It looks like he barely gets behind it and it goes 30 yard in a second.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post

Vick appears to have sacrificed arm strength for accuracy though. He's playing out of his mind right now and is just carving up defenses with beautiful passes.
                          That's true though. Even the 40 yard lasers look like he just tosses a beer to his buddy 3 feet away.

Comment

Oh JaMarcus. What you coulda been.

Comment

People need to remember Vick's arm in his time when Atlanta when he was still a dumb QB. The velocity of his throws was unmatched. I always believed his receivers at the time got way too much flack for their drops because some of those throws were just uncatchable, despite being accurate, because the ball was just thrown too damn hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information