Potential head coaching candidates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
    Marvin Lewis has led that team to 2 Division Titles. The last time the Bengals won the division and made the playoffs was 1990 under Sam Wyche. He has more wins than the previous 3 head coaches combined.

They have almost no scouting department or front office, so Marvin Lewis is forced to take a ton of talented problem children in hopes of catching lightning in a bottle. And to his credit, he's gotten plenty done with these problem children. Players respect him. Terrell Owens has been a dream come true in Cincinnati.

So yea, I'd take Marvin Lewis in a heart beat if Mangini was not here.
    Mike Brown is the one drafting the "problem children", not Marvin Lewis. This has been stated numerous times through the media.

EDIT:

Also, I actually like Marvin Lewis. I don't think he's a terrible coach, especially for a small market team like the Bengals. But sometimes you just need to change things up. He's had 8 years to make this team good, and we're not. He has a losing record and he's never won a play off game. He's been unlucky with injuries (Palmer going down in the '05 play off game, as well as Palmer missing pretty much all of '08 ) . But that doesn't excuse him for putting a 2-7 team on the field the year after we won the division, especially since we haven't had any major injuries.

Lewis did some great things here, and it's been really fun at times. But I'm ready for a change, even if that means we get worse. I want to give someone else a chance to show what they can do with "terrible bungles" franchise.
    Last edited by Bengalsrocket; 11-14-2010, 09:55 PM. Reason: Adding some stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
      another defensive mind as coach? yeah, that's worked. to succeed in this league you either need a great OC (which we do not have) or a great offensive mind at your HC (lol at "great mind" and Singletary in the same thought).

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Hue Jackson OC Raiders. Has coached up Carson Palmer and Joe Flacco. Is making our offence so much better with his play calling. I hope he doesnt get hired though

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
          I had to ROFL at this Marvin Lewis is not a good coach the team is never perpared to play and make a lot of stupid mistakes and are normally one of the most penalized team in the NFL. Things that all come back on the HC. Zimmer is the only reason we were good last year.
          Ugh, the ******* Bengals are the Raiders of the AFCN. Once in awhile, you'll catch lightning in a bottle, but you have the cheapest owner in the NFL who consistently undermines his head coaches.

Granted, a parting of the ways is probably in the best interest for both Lewis and the Bengals. After awhile, it's just time. John Fox is in the same situation.
          Last edited by yourfavestoner; 11-15-2010, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            Ugh, the ******* Bengals are the Raiders of the AFC. Once in awhile, you'll catch lightning in a bottle, but you have the cheapest owner in the NFL who consistently undermines his head coaches.

Granted, a parting of the ways is probably in the best interest for both Lewis and the Bengals. After awhile, it's just time. John Fox is in the same situation.
            As opposed to....the Raiders in the AFC already?

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
              As opposed to....the Raiders in the AFC already?
              Meant AFCN. You understand the premise, though.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                Meant AFCN. You understand the premise, though.
                Just gotta break you balls a little lol

bonekrusher
                The Twitters
                themaninblack

Comment

I think Jim Fassel could get another chance in the NFL. He won the UFL Championship two Years in a row.

Comment

Josh McDaniels, hopefully.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Ken Flajole, DC, St. Louis.

He'll make on hell of a coach some day.
                      | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                        Eye see wut u did they're
                        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Cam Cameron anybody? No? Well ****.

Comment

Just updated the list a little bit!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                              Which team? The best in your team's division?

Comment

For what its worth, Jim Harbaugh and Jon Gruden were linked to the 49ers by Peter King. The rumor/report seems to have some legs. EG Gruden's son also said SF (and Cleveland) were options for him. As for Harbaugh, our owner met up with him at a Stanford/Cal event a few weeks ago for a dinner and a lunch, a few beat writers have mentioned him as a option as well, and a week after the lunch/dinner meeting Peter King named Harbaugh as a candidate on NBC/SI.com...coincidence? I think one of these 2 will be our HC next year.

Other options i personally like are Pat Shurmur, Rob Ryan, and Jeff Fisher (if he's fired).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information