No announcement yet.

What does everyone think of Troy Smith?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troy Smith was a better QB then, and he is a better QB now.

#TRUEWORDS

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
      Troy Smith was a better QB then, and he is a better QB now.

#TRUEWORDS
      Real talks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        So it's ND's defense's fault that Quinn threw three interceptions (one brought back to the house, one brought back to the ND 20-ish) and had a fumble where he wasn't touched by a UM defender brought back to the house? Ok. It's the defense's fault that he completed less than 50 percent of his passes against LSU and USC? Not sure I buy that. It's easy to sling a million touchdowns against Air Force and Purdue. His stats against the three BCS-caliber teams he played that year were...

61-128, 47.6%, 656 yards, 8 TD, 5 INT. Not exactly awe-inspiring.

I was a big Quinn believer as a prospect, but to claim that he was a better college player than Troy Smith is ludicrous.
        I thought it was all quite obvious. I expected Quinn to be better than he is, but I never saw the hype in him. He played big against the service academies and faltered when the defenses he went up against were actually capable of covering his receivers and pressuring him. His mechanics absolutely fell apart the moment there was anyone in his face and he didn't have the arm strength to throw a laser off his back foot to make the play. You got pressure on BQ, even in college, and he looked like crap out there.

Typical Quinn fan response: Every QB plays worse when they're under pressure

Yeah, but look at him. He has zero pocket presence or awareness to step around the rush, and he can't throw off of his back foot either. Obviously a QB is gonna do better when he has time, but in the NFL a QB has to be able to face a pass rush and get the ball where it needs to be.

Quinn fan response: His offensive line was awful and he barely had any time to throw against the top college teams.

Yeah, welcome to the NFL buddy. Not many guys get to stand back there for 5 seconds to find an open man. Part of being an NFL QB is maintaining composure when you're facing the blitz, or even just any pass rush period, and that's something Brady Quinn could never do. The Brady Quinn you saw under pressure was much, much more likely to be the Brady Quinn we saw in the pros because NFL defenses GET pressure on the quarterback, especially if that quarterback is on a bad team, like the one Quinn was drafted by.

And that, friends, is why BQ is the worst QB on an NFL roster right now.

Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

There were rumors of Smith having gambling issues in college as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
            There were rumors of Smith having gambling issues in college as well.
            when you're winning that many games, how could you not throw some money down?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Yeah man Ohio st was cash money that year.

Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                I turned on the 49ers game sunday and saw Troy and thought he looked slimmer than he ever did at Ohio State. Maybe it was the fact that he changed his number from double digits (10) to single digits (1) that made the optical illusion, but he doesn't look as stocky as he did before.
                He did have an illness that made him lose a ton of weight, I think. Maybe he hasn't quite gotten it all back yet.

Comment

I feel like Troy is an upgrade over Alex, but not really a winning-caliber QB. His stats on first down really show teams are expecting the 49ers to run and not playing the pass. Once they adjust he's going to struggle.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

I liked Smith a lot when the Ravens picked him up. He showed some talent in 2007. But then we took Flacco. After that while he was in pre-season he looked like he didnt belong in the NFL. It looks like Troy Smith is just a gamer and shows up for the real thing. Gotta love that in a player. I hope he does well.

Comment

Troy Smith looked pretty good. Let's see how he does the rest of the season. Not much to add to what already has been discussed about him. He has his question marks, and he needs to prove that his assets can surpass them. His leadership and in-game poise are leaps and bounds ahead of a lot of NFL QBs. That goes a long way in mitigating being a midget.

I'm glad that DC members are mostly sane and intelligent. It was displayed by almost everyone agreeing that Smith was a better college QB than noodle arm Quinn. I can't believe that anyone with a pair of eyes would think Quinn was better, other than a die hard leprechaun humper.

For someone as large and juiced up as Quinn, he really had a weak arm. And he always folded under pressure. Above average college QB, terrible NFL QB.

Comment

What a difference a week makes.

Comment

Originally posted by V-I-P View Post
                          I think he'll have the worst game of his career on sunday :)
                          I was right.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                            What a difference a week makes.
                            My opinion has not changed at all

Comment

I didn't get to (or should I say have to) watch that disgusting game yesterday, but I can say that those overall offensive statistics were as ugly as I can ever remember seeing, from any team in the NFL.

I guess they need more first round draft picks on their OL.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post

I guess they need more first round draft picks on their OL.
                                Or, yanno, just spend one on a legit QB to play behind them. With experience, hopefully the o-line will develop. But it's an overall young group with 2 rookies, it's going to have issues regardless of how talented they are.

Whoever they get to play QB should have some nice things to work with...better than what most teams who draft a new QB get. Davis, Crabtree, Gore, a talented but inexperienced o-line...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information