Best Team in Each Conference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Team in Each Conference

Which teams are the best in the NFC and the AFC. Here's my top 5 right now for each. Just thought we could get some talk in the NFL Forum other than Peyton vs. Brady, Josh Freeman MVPzzz, and the awesomeness of Michael Vick.

NFC:
    1. Philadelphia Eagles
    2. Atlanta Falcons
    3. New Orleans Saints
    4. New York Giants
    5. Green Bay Packers

AFC:
    1. New England Patriots
    2. Pittsburgh Steelers
    3. Baltimore Ravens
    4. New York Jets
    5. Indianapolis Colts

I think the Eagles may be the team to beat in the NFL right now. I'll hold my judgement until after the Giants game, but if Vick tears it up again it would further prove that this team could be a possible Super Bowl contender.

5th best in the NFC? I think we're better than the Falcons and Saints.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
      The Falcons might be the best team in the NFL right now.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

It would royally suck if the Giants collect another QB's head... Run for your life Vick.

Comment

Packers are lucky to be in the NFC North.. fifth is about right for them.

I think Atlanta has done more, against higher caliber opponents, than the Eagles have.

I want to see Vick do this against a legitimate defense before I believe. We've seen him go dominant for stretches before, but he has never sustained it. I want to see how he handles a real pass rush and hits, things he struggled with in Atlanta. The Eagles face the best pass rushers in the league to finish off the season.
          Last edited by Shiver; 11-17-2010, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            Until the Falcons show that they can consistently win on the road it is absurd to call them the best team in the NFL

Comment

Ugh please dont jump on the pats wagon yet... :)

Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                Packers are lucky to be in the NFC North.. fifth is about right for them.

I think Atlanta has done more, against higher caliber opponents than the Eagles have.
                Didn't the Eagles beat the Falcons without Vick?

Edit-sorry for the double post

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                  The only one I really considered putting you over is the NYG. Those two I think you can swip-swap. We will see Week 12 when the Packers are at Atlanta.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                    Until the Falcons show that they can consistently win on the road it is absurd to call them the best team in the NFL
                    They beat the defending Super Bowl champs on the road and just knocked off a strong AFC representative and Super Bowl contender in Baltimore pretty handily. Moreover, they have the best record in the NFL and if that continues, they won't need to show they can win on the road. They will have homefield advantage.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                      Didn't the Eagles beat the Falcons without Vick?

Edit-sorry for the double post
                      Yep. We played pretty trash that game. We made Kolb look like a mixture of Johnny Unitas and Joe Montana. If we end up with the better record going into the playoffs though, good luck beating us in the Dome. As for your on the road comment, true we haven't been great, but we did beat the Saints at their place.

Comment

Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                        NFC:
                        1. Philadelphia Eagles
                        2. Atlanta Falcons
                        3. New Orleans Saints
                        4. New York Giants
                        5. Green Bay Packers

AFC:
                        1. New England Patriots
                        2. Pittsburgh Steelers
                        3. Baltimore Ravens
                        4. New York Jets
                        5. Indianapolis Colts
                        NFC
                        1. Falcons
                        2. Packers
                        3. Eagles
                        4. Giants
                        5. Saints

AFC
                        1. Ravens
                        2. Steelers
                        3. Patriots
                        4. Colts
                        5. Jets

IMO.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          This sentiment has been floating around lately and I don't really understand it. I guess they are 7-2 (looks better than the 6-3s) and they just beat a 6-2... but I don't see them as the best right now at all.

Their defense is average, and at times weak (BAL final drive, CIN game, vs Kevin Kolb). Their offense is good, but the run game isn't dominant as it once was, and you'd have to expect that teams are going to make guys other than Roddy White beat them in the coming weeks...

I think PHI, NYG, GB, and if they ever get on the same page (maybe Bush will help the offense) NO are all better.

And to put the close BAL win in perspective (besides the non-call on White) - I think PIT (Batch started), NYJ (Week 1 with no Holmes, rusty Revis, team just gelling, etc.), NE, IND, and gulp, SD are all better than BAL + it was in the Georgia Dome.

So I'm not ready to buy ATL as the best in the NFC. I think it's Philly, but we haven't heard the last from GB yet.

As for the AFC, it's probably the Jets. When their offense plays halfway decent they're almost unbeatable.

But it doesn't matter who everyone thinks are the best two teams right now (although last year at this time it was clearly Colts and Saints.

So right now, Jets and Eagles. But...

I like San Diego to get hot and represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.
                          In the NFC, I think Vick goes into Atlanta, wins the NFC Championship game, and Philly represents the NFC.
                          Last edited by gpngc; 11-17-2010, 11:55 PM.
                          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Packers remaining schedule:
                            @Minn
                            @Atlanta
                            vs.SF
                            @Detroit
                            @NE
                            vs.NYG
                            vs.Chi

Not very easy.

2-1 vs NFC East thus far.
                            2-1 vs AFC/AFC East thus far.
                            2-1 vs. NFC North far.

I think you're overrating how 'lucky' we are to be in the NFC North. The Bears and Lions play everyone tough, who saw this Vikings season coming? What division do you want us to be in? We'd have a .667 winning percentage, like we do now. Even then, the Bears beat us on a game winning FG after we 'commit' 18 penalties. The loss to the Redskins? Clay
                            Matthews doesn't play the whole game and Mason Crosby hits the upright with one second left in regulation. We haven't been outplayed this season. Not in my eyes. We've had the lead in every game and the ones we lost, we lost on a FG, twice in OT. I'm not crowning GB by any means but 5th best in the NFC seems a bit underrated to me.

Comment

NFC
                              1. Giants - Eli to 3 stud WRs; Great run game; sick pass rush
                              2. Packers - sick pass rush; Laser accurate Rogers and stud WR corps; great defense
                              3. Falcons - Ryan and White dynamite; Turner the burner; Abraham
                              4. Eagles - Vick and his young weapons of mass destruction; not sure about the defense
                              5. Saints - Brees and that passing offense; not sure about the defense

AFC
                              1. Patriots - Brady; Belichick
                              2. Steelers - Sick pass rush and run defense; Great QB and running game; average corners, IMO
                              3. Jets - sick pass defense; great run game; very talented WRs; above avg. QB play
                              4. Ravens - Flacco to Boldin and Heap; Rice; Ray and Reed
                              5. Colts - Manning to all those underrated WRs; terrible run game

JMHO

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information