No announcement yet.

Most overrated player on your favorite team: 2010 edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAINS me to say this, absolutely kills me to, but Wes Welker. He is not the same receiver with the types of coverages being played on him and it really hurts because we need that level of production out of him.

Aaron Hernandez is also a little overrated at this point since becoming a fantasy football star. He has hurt this team with drops as much as he has helped them this year at times. He'll get there, but his statistics are much better than he actually is at this point and we're starting to go away from him on offense a bit as a result.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Aside from the painstakingly obvious (Favre), I'd have to go with McKinnie. That is if we are talking about the media, because everyone here knows McKinnie is barely average.

As far as SWDCers, I guess I'd have to say Berrian. That being when they discuss our team and say "they need to get Bernard Berrian going" as if its possible.
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Can I nominate the entire Ravens defense (minus Ray Lewis, Ngata, and Ed Reed)?

Ravens don't have that dominate scary defense anymore. We lost too many players on the D line, the corners are just okay at best, Suggs is the only pass rusher, and the scheme is just awful. No pressure, weaker against the run.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Ben Grubbs
          Oher (as a LT, not as a RT)
          Kelly Gregg (this year, in the past he was underrated)

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
            I guess I'd go with Brian Waters. He is thought of (by a lot of Chiefs fans) as the best OL we have, but he has been constantly beat and looked lost out there. Asamoah is the future and may be ready to take over for him now.
            completely disagree.it has to be Chris Chambers.don't know what happened but he has been captain invisible this year

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              I think some would think Jenkins is overrated but I don't think it's a secret what type of year he had. Had a good season then a down year.

It's actually a tough pick because I feel like most of the guys on our team who are trash most know it now. But I'd have to go with Bradie James. There are some people who think he's a good player for some reason but he's not.
              Bradie James has actually played really well this year, in a **** defense. I actually put him down as our most underrated player, no joke. The amount of hate he gets is ridiculous. And the guy has quietly put together a fine season. He's given up a few big play here or there...but the guy should never be out there on an island in coverage. And for whatever reason...we've been manning he and Brooking up on TEs, even when they're in the slot...which is beyond stupid. He's been a solid starter for us, for about 7 years now. He doesnt miss time and he always plays hard. Bradie has been all over the field this year...I've def. taken notice, he's playing faster and is on pace for a career high in tackles. Bradie is just a solid ILB, who doesnt really get all that much credit, even when he's playing good football.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

The offensive line.

Comment

For the Falcons I'll say Tony Gonzalez. He's not the top 5 tight end he has been in previous seasons. He has lost a step, and (gasp) has even dropped several easy balls this season. I love the man and hope he is just in a slump.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    The offensive line.
                    You want to swap offensive lines? Stop your bitching. ;)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

Barret Ruud is ridiculously overrated. He used to be good, but now he is pretty turrible and people still think hes good

Comment

For the Lions? It has to be Calvin Johnson, due to everyone else either sucking or being underrated. He's a great receiver and I love having him on my team, but he isn't a top five receiver like a lot of people think he is. He's probably borderline top-ten at best.

Comment

Definitely Rashean Mathis. When we cut him after the draft, knuckleheads on this board will want their team to sign him.

Comment

At this point, it has to be Michael Vick. Everyone is making him out to be a top 5 QB and a god and all. While he has beastly potential and can still get there, he isn't as quick with his audibles and protections, and he misses throws. As the Giants exposed, he has major problems rolling right and still making plays. While I'm happy with what he is providing the Eagles right now, he is overrated.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Davin Joseph and Barrett Ruud

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                You want to swap offensive lines? Stop your bitching. ;)
                                Honestly, at this point, your oline is probably better than ours considering all our injuries to the unit.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information