No announcement yet.

Peyton Manning, what can be done?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the Colts will be picking in the top 20 for the first time in forver and can get Manning more help in the upcoming Draft. Picks like Donald Brown, Anthony Gonzalez and Tony Ugoh haven't been helping much in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
      It is close but at least the Bears offensive line plays well sometimes and can run block decently. The Colts offensive line never plays well.

This is true, even though you are joking. Is it his fault his receivers drop passes? Is it his fault Reggie Wayne was interfered with on the second pick 6? Is it his fault that his offensive line can't block? Is it his fault that his running game is probably the worst in the league?
      My god, give me a ******* break. Minus Clark (whose clone stepped right in for him), this is the same team that went to the Superbowl last year.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
        My god, give me a ******* break. Minus Clark (whose clone stepped right in for him), this is the same team that went to the Superbowl last year.
        No, it wasn't his fault!

Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Manning carries that team. One player can only do so much when the o-line is terrible and there is no running game. They need to address the o-line early in next years draft. They miss Addai in the running game, he is a lot more physical than Brown and is able to get the tough yards. That defense is built on the premise that the offense puts up points and gets ahead early in games so they can attack, they aren't built to stop the run. The lack of a running game really hurts the Colts in many ways.

Comment

Well, they were winning then, so that's all because of Manning. Now that they're losing, it can't possibly be Manning's fault. IT'S EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT, YA BIG SILLY!

Comment

Because Manning played basically unstoppable last year, especially in the playoffs. This year he is not playing quite that good and his team has lost a few close games because of it. One player can only do so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                Well, they were winning then, so that's all because of Manning. Now that they're losing, it can't possibly be Manning's fault. IT'S EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT, YA BIG SILLY!
                He's definitely more valuable to his team than Tom Brady, though. I mean, it's not like Belichick was 5-13 in New England before Brady took over and saved his job. And it's not like they went from a PERFECT 16-0 to missing the playoffs and losing their division to a 1-15 Miami team when he was hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by SolidGold View Post
                  Manning carries that team. One player can only do so much when the o-line is terrible and there is no running game. They need to address the o-line early in next years draft. They miss Addai in the running game, he is a lot more physical than Brown and is able to get the tough yards. That defense is built on the premise that the offense puts up points and gets ahead early in games so they can attack, they aren't built to stop the run. The lack of a running game really hurts the Colts in many ways.
                  This has been the case even going back to when they won the Superbowl though. The problem the Colts have is they can no longer run the stretch play at will so play action is not working. We've seen Manning throw TD passes to no names but eventually it was going to catch up with him. Unfortunately for the Colts, and it is clear, is that Manning is missing something this year. Is it all catching up to him, is his talents declining??? I don't know but the Peyton Manning of a few years ago wouldn't have 11 INTs by this stage. I think he's getting nervous in the pocket and rushing throws
                  Last edited by AntoinCD; 11-29-2010, 12:49 PM.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Sorry Manning haters, but you can't just ignore the lack of talent on Manning's supporting cast right now. He's missing guys like Addai, Collie, Clark and Gonzalez, while guys named Charlie Johnson and Pierre Garcon are playing critical roles. Injuries and bad Draft picks have eroded the talent around him. If you want to believe that Manning suddenly went from guy who leads a team to a Super Bowl to a bad QB, fine, but you're believing what you want to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                      This has been the case even going back to when they won the Superbowl though. The problem the Colts have is they can no longer run the stretch play at will so play action is not working. We've seen Manning throw TD passes to no names but eventually it was going to catch up with him. Unfortunately for the Colts, and it is clear, is that Manning is missing something this year. Is it all catching up to him, is his talents declining??? I don't know but the Peyton Manning of a few years ago wouldn't have 14 INTs by this stage. I think he's getting nervous in the pocket and rushing throws

Whatís that you say, Collinsworth? Manning afraid of contact? Piffle, I say. No quarterback in the league dives harder on the ground when a pass rusher breaks free. Thatís fortitude you canít teach unless youíve only watched sacks on film.
                      Oh, and hereís the compulsory bonanza of Manningface that comes with any four-interception night:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...nningface.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                        Well...yes. Manning was playing at a level that was ridiculous the last few years, especially the last two, and carrying his team to wins that they otherwise would have not gotten. There is a reason he has received so many of the 1st place MVP votes the past two years.

Now he is not playing on that level, partly because the team around him is laughably bad and partly because that level was too high to keep up forever. So his team is losing because of it. Can you fault him that he isn't playing at that level again, instead he is playing at the level of the 3rd-5th best QB in the league, and his team is losing because of it?

Comment

He's definitely more valuable to his team than Tom Brady, though. I mean, it's not like Belichick was 5-13 in New England before Brady took over and saved his job. And it's not like they went from a PERFECT 16-0 to missing the playoffs and losing their division to a 1-15 Miami team when he was hurt.
                          yeah cause when Brady was out the whole year they.....oh wait, they played just fine despite the team being significantly worse on defense that year in a better division.

Look we get it, you hate manning, he sucks, youd hate him if he sacrificed himself for your child, blah blah blah mannings overrated. give it a rest already you sound like such a huge hater it kills your credibility because you dont make even the slightest effort to sound objective. yeah peytons playing bad but you cant really look at that team and say 'its the exact same team as last year.' its not even close to that team.

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                          Sorry Manning haters, but you can't just ignore the lack of talent on Manning's supporting cast right now. He's missing guys like Addai, Collie, Clark and Gonzalez, while guys named Charlie Johnson and Pierre Garcon are playing critical roles. Injuries and bad Draft picks have eroded the talent around him. If you want to believe that Manning suddenly went from guy who leads a team to a Super Bowl to a bad QB, fine, but you're believing what you want to believe.
                          Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                          Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                            Garcon and Johnson were both starters (and significant contributors) last year. Gonzalez missed all of last year, so he's irrelevant.

Clark has been effectively replaced by a clone of himself (Tamme was a 235 lb slot receiver at Kentucky).

The Collie thing bugs me, because I heard all last year and this offseason about how he's a nobody that Peyton turned into a great receiver. Now that he's been banged up, he's the awesome talent that the Colts passing game has lacked this year. You can't have your cake and eat it, too and that's what drives people crazy regarding Manning.

Same goes for Addai. He's either bad, or he's not. Make up your minds, not whatever argument is most convenient to make Peyton look good.

Comment

Originally posted by hockey619 View Post
                              yeah cause when Brady was out the whole year they.....oh wait, they played just fine despite the team being significantly worse on defense that year in a better division.

Look we get it, you hate manning, he sucks, youd hate him if he sacrificed himself for your child, blah blah blah mannings overrated. give it a rest already you sound like such a huge hater it kills your credibility because you dont make even the slightest effort to sound objective. yeah peytons playing bad but you cant really look at that team and say 'its the exact same team as last year.' its not even close to that team.
                              They played just fine? What part of going undefeated to completely missing the playoffs (to a team that went 1-15 the year before, no less) is fine? In what universe is a six game dropoff fine?

And I'm trying to be as objective as the "Manning wins with trash like Collie and Addai.....no wait, he's losing because he doesn't have his awesome weapons in Collie and Addai" crowd.

Comment

Yes, if a player on the Colts is injured it doesn't hurt them because the guy that backs him up is automatically just as good, because Manning haters say so.

Some arguments aren't worth the trouble. Manning haters are too hot and bothered over the fact the Colts aren't that good for the first time in years. You can't reason with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information