No announcement yet.

Finnegan: Fined heavily or Suspended?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive noticed in the NFL how easy it is to have a helmet fall off. It happens all the time, and they literally got each helmet off on the first pull, which makes me wonder if part of the head injuries could be related to helmets not being properly fit or worn when playing. I mean my helmet never came off like that, even when I pulled it off.

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Next time, Cortland needs to get them both ejected before the game starts.

I notice that a lot of guys don't button all 4, they'll just do 3.

(For some reason I always tried to do this during running and walkthroughs for comfort but it never worked, although other guys on the team could make it work. It always was way off to one side for me.)

Finnegan's helmet could have come off easily because of his hair...

It looks like they only snap one and have to adjust it almost every play. I feel like that should have been the first approach when dealing with this whole helmet injury thing, Goodell is going to have a field day with this incident tho.

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
            What were the comments I'm curious lol.
            Bob McNair said I awarded it to Andre on points,

Wait, so Finnegan wasn't punished enough? Humility and all?

Originally posted by bucfan12 View Post
                  Johnson is a player with class...
                  Sure he is.

Finny does this on purpose. He knows he gets under a WR's skin, and the more the WR shows it, the more Finnegan does. And seeing as how this is the second time AJ has ripped Finnegan's helmet off after the play like this, it's apparent he doesn't have the mental dexterity to bear it like most other WR's can. So look for this to happen again.

Of the two, Andre Johnson deserves to be suspended more. Finnegan has the history and incited it, but this isn't AJ's first fight like this, he was the one who was throwing fist-to-face punches, he ran onto the field/scuffle after being ejected by the ref, and he slapped away a ref's arms who was corralling him towards the sideline.

I started LOL'ing when Finny popped up and starting clapping, though. I'm sure two bops on the head didn't phase him much.
                  Last edited by TitanHope; 11-29-2010, 01:37 AM.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Both, please.

Both will be fined over 20k and miss a game. Finnegan doesn't have enough brains to cause any damage by punching him in the head either.
                    Last edited by descendency; 11-29-2010, 04:18 AM.
                    **** her in da *****!

Finnegan is arguably the most overrated corner in the league. One good year. At least Nate Clements doesn't do **** like this.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Did I miss something with Finnegan? Unless you want to suspend him for hands to the head then he did nothing wrong in that situation.

The irony will be if that fine is less than anything that Harrison has done this year because what Andre Johnson did was more akin to Albert Haynesworth than anything Harrison has done. That was cheap and seriously low by Johnson, lost a lot of respect for him because of it.

Also.. did either of them have their helmets fitted correctly? No way a helmet should come off that easily if it fits and is actually clipped in.

Going to be an interesting week for the hypocrite and his fining, who wants odds that Harrisons great hit on Fitzpatrick is somehow worse for football than Andre Johnson getting his thug on?

Props to BK on the sig!

ahahhahahahahhaha I love how there is a thread for the guy who didn't throw a punch. I'm sorry but there isn't anything that says you can't not talk **** to a player to throw him off his game. Finnegan is a pretty good player that gets under players skin. I read this thread and you guys act like Andre Johnson did what he is supposed to do. IMO Finnegan should be fined and Johnson should be suspended multiple games. The only reason I think Finnegan should be fined is for keeping it going after the first helmet came off.
                          Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                          Just let it go RWO.
                          We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall

wait, so you get a fine for talking ****?
                            RIP Sean Michael Taylor

As long as Johnson gets suspended for one game, I'm good.

(Yes, the eagles play the texans on Thursday.)

You guys act like all he did was talk ****. There was a lot of "after the whistle" action.
                                The guy grabbed onto AJ's facemask and looked like he was trying to rip his head off.
                                That's not simply "talking ****".
                                Obviously, AJ went over the top and did more than Finnegan but to act like all Finnegan did was "talk" is ridiculous.
                                I think they both get suspended. AJ probably longer than Innegan

lol @ Innigan
                                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Debug Information