No announcement yet.

December Random Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The passing yards are ridiculous this year. And yeah Orton's are definitely inflated, not hard to rack up passing yards when you are constantly trailing by 20 points. The fact that he could even push 5000 yards is a joke. Donovan Mcnabb is having an awful season yet is on pace for his first 4000 yard season of his career. As many as 25 QB's could pass for over 3,000 this year.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

BB and Urban are stuck at the hip football wise so it's no suprise that they would take systems and tips from one another. Also, not a suprise that BB took so many Florida kids in last years draft. I suspect that will continue.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I know you don't like him, but Philip Rivers is leading the league in yards per attempt by a pretty big margin. Michael Vick is almost a half yard behind him and the #3 guy (Rodgers) trails by 0.7 ypa. The Rivers/Orton comparison is really, really unfair to Rivers. Orton's ypa is 1.2 less than Rivers, he has four less touchdowns on 45 more attempts, and is completing almost 6% less of his passes. You claim that passing yards are overrated, yet they are the only stat you look at when implying that both players are playing at a similar level.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
          I agree. We've got enough talent to rebuild on top of it. A new coaching staff (I've always liked Marvin, but for better or worse we need somebody new to shake things up in here) and we need to allow him to find a QB he trusts and put him in place instead of Palmer.
          I doubt it would happen, but Mike Brown should leave as well. It seemed like just as Marvin was trying to clean up the team, Brown would bring more character problem players onto the team. I think Brown has a lot to blame as well. JMO.

Comment

Adendum to the DE thing, you need athleticism and work ethic. JPP always had great work ethic, Dunlap tried hard even though he could get a sack to save his life and Michael Johnson has been busting his ass since his draft day slide. These guys have worked hard to use that great natural ability, that's why they're succeeding.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

As I said before the season about the Donkeys. I think they have a good set up on offense. Tebow and Thomas have a lot of potential and work hard. Now Tebow may still bust because of his intelligence and release, but Thomas is a guy I like a lot because of his intelligence and attitude. He's rawer than Dez, but has just as much raw talent, with a much better attitude. With Lloyd's emergence and Royal as a good slot guy he's in a good position to develop to his max. Moreno's been getting better and is another really smart/hardworking skill position guy. And the OL will look a lot better with a healthy Clady, a year older Beadles and Walton. THe question on O is if the new coach can work with Tebow, because if Tebow ends up hitting I think that O has wonderful upside.

Defensively they need a lot of work but Ayers and Doom at OLB is a good start. They'll need some good drafts, but they have a couple years of high picks while the offense comes together.

The Broncos are still a ways away, but like the Bills I think they've got some good pieces in some spots and if they continue adding hardworking talented guys through the draft, which they'll have the oppurtunity to do, it might not be that long, 2-3 years before these two perennial contenders from the 90s are back in the AFC playoffs and belong.

EDIT: It's sweet seeing the pats doing so well, I didn't want to gloat in their thread, but it's really nice seeing them validating my preseason pick of them to win the AFCE with a young D that looks better than we've seen from New England in years.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                As I said before the season about the Donkeys. I think they have a good set up on offense. Tebow and Thomas have a lot of potential and work hard. Now Tebow may still bust because of his intelligence and release, but Thomas is a guy I like a lot because of his intelligence and attitude. He's rawer than Dez, but has just as much raw talent, with a much better attitude. With Lloyd's emergence and Royal as a good slot guy he's in a good position to develop to his max. Moreno's been getting better and is another really smart/hardworking skill position guy. And the OL will look a lot better with a healthy Clady, a year older Beadles and Walton. THe question on O is if the new coach can work with Tebow, because if Tebow ends up hitting I think that O has wonderful upside.

Defensively they need a lot of work but Ayers and Doom at OLB is a good start. They'll need some good drafts, but they have a couple years of high picks while the offense comes together.

The Broncos are still a ways away, but like the Bills I think they've got some good pieces in some spots and if they continue adding hardworking talented guys through the draft, which they'll have the oppurtunity to do, it might not be that long, 2-3 years before these two perennial contenders from the 90s are back in the AFC playoffs and belong.

EDIT: It's sweet seeing the pats doing so well, I didn't want to gloat in their thread, but it's really nice seeing them validating my preseason pick of them to win the AFCE with a young D that looks better than we've seen from New England in years.
                Bey Bey was a ******** pick with Dez on the board.

McDaniels couldn't field a defense, screwed up literally every single personnel move he made, and hasn't consistently put out a competitive team since his first few games.

It's funny because if Tebow busts, no one will link him to McD necessarily. Yet, if he's NFL Jesus also, no one will remember that it was McD who wanted him...
                "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Chiefs will win at least one playoff game..or I never post again
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Falcons are 26th in yards per play differential (as of last week, anyways).

There's only so long you can continue to win like that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      I
                      Thatís how you judge a qb. The little things. Some qbs make special plays, and some donít. I donít care about volume statistics, those details are what I look for in a quarterback.
                      The best plays Iíve seen elite qbs make are so simple sometimes. Itís usually a great audible, a smart motion to get a guy in a better position, a good manipulation of the safety, etc. The little things.
                      What did you think of the 4th & 2 Brees freeze play to draw the Bengals offsides at the end of that game? At first it wasn't really working but then we shifted the formation around, and Brees started shouting the cadence louder.. and got a Bengals D-line to jump for a gift of a first down. I was amazed that anyone would fall for that, it ultimately led to the Win because had we gone for the FG we probably would have lost that game if the Bengals won the toss with how our Defense was playing in the 2nd half of that game.

Also what do you guys think of the Saints chances going down the stretch? I think they are getting hot at the right time... obviously I think Atlanta will take the Division, and take the 1 seed... their schedule is just way too easy... but we've had a great road record under Payton and the team is starting to get healthy.... I'm just hoping we finish out the season strong.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                        Chiefs will win at least one playoff game..or I never post again
                        I remember you making a similar promise before.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          I remember you making a similar promise before.
                          and i won. it was KC picking top three last year. they picked 5th instead :D
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

[QUOTE=bigbluedefense;2417675] Roddy White is one ugly looking man. Dude looks like a rat.

I agree, and also has anyone ever noticed that Michael Turner looks like IR Baboon? I mean that mans ass is massive. I can't help look at it. When i watch a Falcon's game that ass distracts me.

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                              Bey Bey was a ******** pick with Dez on the board.

McDaniels couldn't field a defense, screwed up literally every single personnel move he made, and hasn't consistently put out a competitive team since his first few games.

It's funny because if Tebow busts, no one will link him to McD necessarily. Yet, if he's NFL Jesus also, no one will remember that it was McD who wanted him...
                              *shrug* as I said at the time I'd rather have Dez for my team but McDaniels was trying to not just rebuild his roster but also his lockerroom and the team culture. Bey Bey will be better for establishing the type of hard working culture a team needs to sustain success which is why that was a pick that made sense and that I still like.

BK

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                                *shrug* as I said at the time I'd rather have Dez for my team but McDaniels was trying to not just rebuild his roster but also his lockerroom and the team culture. Bey Bey will be better for establishing the type of hard working culture a team needs to sustain success which is why that was a pick that made sense and that I still like.
                                Dez seemed liked the only hard worker on the Cowboys when the Wade Phillips ship was sinking.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information