Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jets coach tripping players?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Why is it illegal to trip a guy who ran out on his own and is clearly out of the play? Sure, it's a jerk move and should get you punched, but when you are that far out of bounds, a message should be sent. I wish the NFL was like the AFL with walls on the sidelines.

    As much as it pains me, I really can't see why everyone is taking the player's side. He was about half an inch from being on the other side of the out of bounds line.

    Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
    Crowder and Dansby were hilarious



    Also, Nolan Carroll seems like a class act.
    You know what should be on "C'Mon man...": an NFL player with an iPhone 3G(s) and not an iPhone 4. That's just sad.
    Last edited by descendency; 12-13-2010, 06:34 PM.
    **** her in da *****!

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by nepg View Post
      I think this is also wrong.

      All of this is wrong, wrong and wrong.

      Comment


      • #48
        I didn't care that much, because both feet were firmly planted out of the range of play in the Jets sideline area. The CB shouldn't have been running that far out of bounds. I have more of a problem with the rule than what happened really. Stay in the field of play.

        Thanks to BK for the sig

        Comment


        • #49
          It was a dumbass move but as AHungryWalrus said I kind of do feel bad for him in a strange way. I mean what he did was inexcusable, but I've done some pretty impulsive stuff and immediately regretted it myself. Granted I've never done something like that on national TV, but still.

          Comment


          • #50
            Can't believe people are actually supporting what happened. You can't knee a player if you are not in the field of play, plain and simple. If you want to make it so there is a rule that says he is not allowed to be out there, fine. But you cannot honestly fault the player for this and not the coach.

            Comment


            • #51
              The Jets suspended him for the rest of the season (including playoffs) and fine him 25K.

              I think that is a fair punishment.

              Sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • #52
                Dude is lucky to keep his job.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Is that a Jets punishment only?? Will there be an NFL punishment if they don't think what the Jets did to be good enough??


                  Silverback....still the best.

                  +rep to Jakey for the sig

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                    Is that a Jets punishment only?? Will there be an NFL punishment if they don't think what the Jets did to be good enough??
                    The Jets and the NFL talked today so I'm sure there was some kind of mutual agreement. But yes, the punishment was handed to him by the Jets.

                    Sig by BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      There already is a rule that players have to re-enter the field of play as soon as they can if they are pushed out. If they don't, they are flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. It happened to another Dolphins' gunner, Reshad Jones, during the Jets game. I don't understand how people can say any of this is Nolan Carroll's fault. That's just ignorant.

                      It's obvious that the Jets' coaches were strategically positioned on the sideline when you look how they are standing. Shoulder to shoulder with their toes as close to the sideline as possible. Clearly they are trying to obstruct the gunner. I doubt the intention of whoever organized that strategy was for them to trip the gunner. More likely, they are there to alter his path or cause hesitation, but I still think it's unfair. If a new rule needs to be added from this situation, it should be disallowing those tactics. I'm curious as to how many teams actually do that. I've never noticed it before now, but I would guess that it is probably fairly common?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                        Can't believe people are actually supporting what happened. You can't knee a player if you are not in the field of play, plain and simple. If you want to make it so there is a rule that says he is not allowed to be out there, fine. But you cannot honestly fault the player for this and not the coach.
                        Originally posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
                        I don't understand how people can say any of this is Nolan Carroll's fault. That's just ignorant.
                        ..........

                        Did I miss something here? Who's blaming the player?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          You need to watch this, it's like a more extreme version. I'm pretty sure the guy on the bench was CJ...

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            What's his salary? 25K is probably a big chunk of his yearly salary.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                            [@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                              You can't knee a player if you are not in the field of play
                              Clearly you can. Nothing about that jets' coach was on the field of play. Nolan Carroll was clearly out of bounds and he wasn't being pushed.
                              **** her in da *****!

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                                ..........

                                Did I miss something here? Who's blaming the player?

                                ...


                                Originally posted by descendency View Post
                                Why is it illegal to trip a guy who ran out on his own and is clearly out of the play? Sure, it's a jerk move and should get you punched, but when you are that far out of bounds, a message should be sent. I wish the NFL was like the AFL with walls on the sidelines.

                                As much as it pains me, I really can't see why everyone is taking the player's side. He was about half an inch from being on the other side of the out of bounds line.
                                Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                                I didn't care that much, because both feet were firmly planted out of the range of play in the Jets sideline area. The CB shouldn't have been running that far out of bounds. I have more of a problem with the rule than what happened really. Stay in the field of play.
                                ...10char

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information