No announcement yet.

Week 16 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's go Seahawks? Aside from Green Bay of course.

Comment

The Eagles could really use a big win by the Saints. Hopefully, Eagles can finish out the season with two wins and get homefield throughout the playoffs.

Comment

Should I expect the usual Bills-Pats December game, where Freddy tears it up in bad weather and we lose by a touchdown, or are we just going to flat out lose by 30+ ?

I pray Fitzy can make it interesting. We've only had one bad game in our last 9, but New England is scary good.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
          Should I expect the usual Bills-Pats December game, where Freddy tears it up in bad weather and we lose by a touchdown, or are we just going to flat out lose by 30+ ?

I pray Fitzy can make it interesting. We've only had one bad game in our last 9, but New England is scary good.
          Well, you guys made it a close game against us the first go-around.
          And that's before you guys hit your stride with Fitz. I think it'll be a good game ala Flynn and the Packers
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
            Rest up Chicago and let the Jets clinch to prevent a long week of "What if we miss out on the playoffs" vs Buffalo in Week 17!

Save us the heartbreak for once will ya.
            Ha. 2 years in a row Jets get in via teams resting starters. That's real fair.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
              Titans and Raiders didn't look so bad last week :)
              Titans looked great, but we don't lose at home.

It'll be cold and it'll be loud! Just how I like my Arrowhead!

/bundles up
              /gets to Arrowhead, still freezes

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                Do me a favor Giants and knock them out of the playoff picture for me. It may be somewhat surprising, but I'd rather play you again in Chicago than them for a 3rd time. Division rivals who play eachother in the playoffs always make for tough matchups, regardless of how the season series went.
                And this is why I want to see Packs and Bears. It'll be such a good game, in the playoffs.

Comment

Well the NFL picked LITERALLY the two worst matchups to put in primetime on Thurs. and Sat. Jesus. Every single other ******* game this week is either compelling because of the matchup or has playoff implications.

Looking at it preseason, why would they think Matt Moore or Derek Anderson would be a good idea? Jeez.

The game of the year will be NYG @ GB. It's a playoff game.

And as much as everyone makes fun of the NFCW, the SF-STL matchup will have a playoff feel to it as well - although it will be like watching womens basketball as opposed to mens.
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Quick question... is there no flexed game yet for W17 because they are waiting to figure out which would be the most compelling matchup? Or is there simply no Sunday nighter in 17?

It's funny because if the Falcons win, the NFL would almost definitely choose the Seahawks or Bucs for the final flex game depending on their matchup this week...
                    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                      Do me a favor Giants and knock them out of the playoff picture for me. It may be somewhat surprising, but I'd rather play you again in Chicago than them for a 3rd time. Division rivals who play eachother in the playoffs always make for tough matchups, regardless of how the season series went.
                      I can't decide who I would rather play. I'm leaning to the Giants because I doubt Green Bay is going to commit 20 penalties again and I think our offensive line will do much better against the Giants. But how about the Bears just win out, take the second seed and then it doesn't matter who wins this game.

Originally posted by SolidGold
                      Bortlezzzzzzz
                      Originally posted by Monomach
                      Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                        Quick question... is there no flexed game yet for W17 because they are waiting to figure out which would be the most compelling matchup? Or is there simply no Sunday nighter in 17?

It's funny because if the Falcons win, the NFL would almost definitely choose the Seahawks or Bucs for the final flex game depending on their matchup this week...
                        If Green Bay beats New York, then I would be shocked if the NFL didn't try to flex the Green Bay-Chicago game. That is one of the best rivalries, Green Bay going for the wild-card and Chicago going for the #2 seed. If New York wins, it would have to be Tampa-New Orleans especially is Atlanta beats New Orleans this week. Winner goes to the playoffs. Loser goes home (asusming Tampa beats Seattle.)

Originally posted by SolidGold
                        Bortlezzzzzzz
                        Originally posted by Monomach
                        Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

Tampa Bay shouldn't even be in this position. It's disgusting how they're still in it. Peep their schedule if you haven't by now.

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                            And as much as everyone makes fun of the NFCW, the SF-STL matchup will have a playoff feel to it as well - although it will be like watching womens basketball as opposed to mens.
                            Bahahahaha. That's a perfect analogy.

The NFC West: It's like watching Women's Basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                              Tampa Bay shouldn't even be in this position. It's disgusting how they're still in it. Peep their schedule if you haven't by now.
                              It's really not that disgusting. They beat teams that they're supposed to beat, which is more than a lot of other teams can say.

You know what's really disgusting? Losing to Washington and Miami (at home) in overtime in consecutive weeks. Completely blowing the game to Chicago (another team that, you know, beats teams they're supposed to beat) is pretty gross, too.

I forgot, though, all of these other teams in the NFL are healthy. Silly me.

Comment

The schedule argument doesn't work in the NFL like it does in college.

Tampa Bay, counting the games against eachother, plays 14 of the same teams as Atlanta and New Orleans. Only 2 games a year are decided by the previous years record, the rest are all set exactly the same for the entire division.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information