Kyle Orton's trade value?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Orton's trade value?

Now that Tim Tebow is the starting QB in Denver and Orton saying he's not happy about it. What would you give up for Orton? Who would you want Orton or McNabb? VY?

I think he's worth a second rounder at least and if I was a team like the 49ers I would do it in a heart beat.

conditional 4th

Comment

Isnt he going to be a F/A?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Conditional 4th seems reasonable. I'd take McNabb, Orton, and Young in that order and not give up more than a 4th for any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
          Isnt he going to be a F/A?
          Has one year at 9.75 million left.

Comment

Orton is worth more than a conditional 4th. QB are always overvalued, look at what Schaub, Mcnabb, Cassel, Whitehurst, etc were dealt for. And Orton is still relatively young.

Comment

well **** that, they will cut him anyways then

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                Conditional 4th seems reasonable. I'd take McNabb, Orton, and Young in that order and not give up more than a 4th for any of them.
                I don't understand how a guy that was on pace to throw for over 5000 yards and a 2 to 1 Td/Int would bring in so little. Also being that he's a QB! Marshawn Lynch was traded for a 4th rounder. He was an ok Rb with off the field problems that wore out his welcome with the team that drafted him.

Comment

9.75 price tag certainly drops him a ton

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                    9.75 price tag certainly drops him a ton
                    How so? If he has the season he had this year you're getting a deal. QB's are making 12 to 15 million now a days. The team would be getting a discount.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
                      How so? If he has the season he had this year you're getting a deal. QB's are making 12 to 15 million now a days. The team would be getting a discount.
                      you are kidding yourself if you think he is worth anywhere near that much, those QBs are Brady, Manning, Brees, etc

Orton would get about 7 mil max on the open market

Comment

I don't think anyone will trade for him. If he gets cut, Minnesota might be a good spot for him though.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                          you are kidding yourself if you think he is worth anywhere near that much, those QBs are Brady, Manning, Brees, etc

Orton would get about 7 mil max on the open market
                          The Brady's, Manning's and Brees of the world are commanding or going to command anywhere from 16 to 20 million a year.

So If i can get a QB who could throw for close to 5000 yards and mid to high 20 Td's for 9 million you take that. He's shown with weapons around him and a strong offensive mind he can be a top 10 QB in the NFL. He's progressed each of the last three seasons and is still only 28 years old. Am I putting him anywhere near the top 5 QB's in the league? NO! But for example if you put Orton on the 49ers or the Cards right now for this season there leading the division by at least two games and headed to the playoffs. You guys act like this guy is trash. When in fact he was flat out balling on one if not the worst teams in the NFL. For sure the worst defense in the NFL. Go look at Brees stats before he went to NO with the weapons and Payton as his HC. Not world class stuff. Orton is a good QB that can put up pro bowl numbers. And if that means a 2nd rounder and 9 million I do it and don't look back.

Comment

He is just being a puss because the Tebow is now in Denver . If he does well this weekend I'm sure Orton is on the block for trade for extra picks . I wouldn't mind Orton in SF for a year to see how he does . I would only take him or Young if 49ers went this route . rest are junk IMO as far as FA QB s go .

Comment

7th round pick.

Kyle Orton is a glorified game manager, he won't lose you games but he sure as hell won't win you them either.

The offense that McDaniels ran in Denver inflated Orton's stats a lot, but the bulk of his numbers came when the Broncos were down pretty heavy and the game was out of hand. I've watched him play mediocre football all season long and stat pad yet people read the stat line and want to crown him a Pro Bowl QB because of it. Don't get me wrong as a Bears fan I always appreciated his toughness and intangibles, but no Kyle Orton led football team is ever making any noise in the playoffs.
                              "TELL MARTZ I SAID F*CK HIM!"
                              17/10/2011

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information