Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Richard Clausen

Im calling him Jim because Jimmy makes him sound like hes 12. But anyway:

Can he become a quality NFL starter if hes still given a chance next year?

Im curious to see what people think about him moving forward.

I think the team itself is brutal, and the owner is going to gut it to save money so his team may not be getting better anytime soon. Meanwhile, in house jack*** steve smith got on clausens case last week about his performance and apology...and then dropped at least two easy passes, maybe more (only saw some of the game last night). There is also no veteran QB to help mentor him and a lame duck coach with a crap system who seems like he gave up on the team after the first training camp practice. I dont think its a great situation right now or in the future. I think he could be pretty good, but I dont know if it will happen there.
    Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
    Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Im not going to stick up for Clausen very much. I cant because last night was the first whole game I seen from him. He had some bad throws and made some bad rookie decisions. But, I will say that there was a lot of times where he didnt have a chance with the Pittsburgh pressure and terrible pass blocking. And there were some dropped passes and bad WR play has well. You'll have that when a team packs it in for the year.

Comment

Nope I don't think so. If he has to throw the ball longer than 10 yards its completely off target. He's so terrible it unreal.

He started most of the season iirc, and threw his first td pass last week. That should tell you just how bad he is.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

I just hope that the new coach there loves him. I didn't like him coming out of college, and every time I've seen him this year, he's been abysmal.

Comment

He plays like he is a 12 year old girl sucking her first *****
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
            isnt that what you prefer?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

So, are you saying the Panthers should hold the back of his head in place and thrust until they get off?

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                isnt that what you prefer?
                Originally posted by trkaline View Post
                So, are you saying the Panthers should hold the back of his head in place and thrust until they get off?
                Now this thread has potential.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

I think he can play, maybe his deep ball accuracy isn't there yet, but short to intermediate, he's okay for a rook.

I'm wondering do the Panthers draft another rookie QB in 2011, or give Clausen another season to improve??

The Panthers suck on offense, it's hard to blame that on a rookie QB.
                  Last edited by FUNBUNCHER; 12-24-2010, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I don't think they will pass on Andrew Luck. I hope they do.

No, if he were to become one it would take more then a single year. He looked way too bad this year to make such a huge jump.

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                      Now this thread has potential.
                      Unlike Clausen?

Comment

Clausen has played well enough for his team to have a shot at a real franchise QB in Andrew Luck. Carolina should be celebrating him!

Comment

Hard to derive anything from there. How good someone looks playing with crap doesn't really tell me much, because it doesn't seem to just translate into him playing great with talent.
                          Originally posted by SNIPER26
                          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

He can be a very good NFL starter not a great one.

Probly 10-15 best QB in the league pretty good but not elite.

I don't think you can pass up Luck.

I don't feel that Luck is the best prospect since Peyton Manning, but i think he is the best prospect since Matt Ryan

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                            Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                              He can be a very good NFL starter not a great one.

Probly 10-15 best QB in the league pretty good but not elite.

I don't think you can pass up Luck.

I don't feel that Luck is the best prospect since Peyton Manning, but i think he is the best prospect since Matt Ryan
                              What has Clausen possibly done to tell you that he could be a top 10-15 QB in the league? Based on what I've seen, he looks closer to going the direction of Brady Quinn than getting anywhere near the tops in the league.

And if you had Matt Ryan as your top QB prospect since then, with no revisionist history based on NFL career so far, then I have to question your means of evaluating QBs. He had above average physical tools and threw a boat load of interceptions as senior. He was simply the best QB available that year and, as often happens, QBs get pushed up boards more than any other position due to the unique importance of the positin. As a prospect, Matt Stafford was definitely superior, and Andrew Luck is too.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information