No announcement yet.

Mike Singletary fired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He will never be an NFL head coach again. I think he'd be best off getting out of the NFL completely and going to a small conference college program.

I couldn't stand him as a coach, but he'd probably be a better fit for college. Well ideally he's a high school coach, but he'll get by in college.

Comment

Jim Harbaugh could probably just commute from Palo Alto.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
        That would be great. He'd get that big NFL contract and be the local coach everyone wants for the franchise. It'd be easier on his family too.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
          That would be great. He'd get that big NFL contract and be the local coach everyone wants for the franchise. It'd be easier on his family too.
          My guess is Luck would follow him out the door and force Carolina's hand to trade the pick to the Niners.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
            Harbaugh would be a good hire, and i think the 49ers could be a top choice for Harbaugh if he goes to the NFL. But i think the lure of Michigan will be too great.

Comment

They should fire Troy Smith now. Hey buddy, you're Troy Smith and you're not at Ohio State getting green handshakes anymore...you don't yell at a Hall of Fame anything, regardless of how bad the team is doing under his watch. Troy Smith at his finest couldn't lick the grass off of Mike Singletary's cleats as a football player. Juat another pampered idiot from Ohio State that can't play with the big boys, but thinks he can. I really hope Singletary gets another shot with a group of coachable players that will respond to him.

Comment

Originally posted by JPP90 View Post
                They should fire Troy Smith now. Hey buddy, you're Troy Smith and you're not at Ohio State getting green handshakes anymore...you don't yell at a Hall of Fame anything, regardless of how bad the team is doing under his watch. Troy Smith at his finest couldn't lick the grass off of Mike Singletary's cleats as a football player. Juat another pampered idiot from Ohio State that can't play with the big boys, but thinks he can. I really hope Singletary gets another shot with a group of coachable players that will respond to him.
                Whoopty ******* doo, Singletary has not one ounce of respect from anyone on that roster as a football coach. If you asked him what they thought of him as a player, im sure you would get much different responses and they would all give him praise.

Him doing what he did as a player has absolutely no effect on him as a coach.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                  Whoopty ******* doo, Singletary has not one ounce of respect from anyone on that roster as a football coach. If you asked him what they thought of him as a player, im sure you would get much different responses and they would all give him praise.

Him doing what he did as a player has absolutely no effect on him as a coach.
                  Joe Montana could become the head coach now and I'm sorry but I don't buy that argument...they should respect montana for who he is above all else. Same with Singletary. As much as they didn't respect Singletary as a coach, the rest of the world doesn't respect them as players outside of Patrick Willis. That team has a lot of room to criticize a coach. 1 player on it worth a damn, maybe 2 if Gore could ever play 16 games. Good luck Jim Harbaugh...

Comment

Joe Montana could become the head coach now and I'm sorry but I don't buy that argument...they should respect montana for who he is above all else. Same with Singletary. As much as they didn't respect Singletary as a coach, the rest of the world doesn't respect them as players outside of Patrick Willis. That team has a lot of room to criticize a coach. 1 player on it worth a damn, maybe 2 if Gore could ever play 16 games. Good luck Jim Harbaugh...
                    I dont respect Singletary as a coach one bit, and i bet you could ask every 9er fan what they think and they would say he was a joke....but him as a player? I think he is one of the best to ever play the game....being a great player does not get you anywhere as a coach, and it works the opposite as well....****** players can be great coaches...they dont go hand in hand all the time.

This team was predicted to win the division for a reason, they have talent on this team and they are a couple players away from clicking. If they get the right QB and a couple more playmakers on defense id be scared.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Vernon Davis would disagree with you.
                      Originally posted by SNIPER26
                      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Yeah it's not like the team crumbling had anything to do with Mike Singletary. Please...

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                          Vernon Davis would disagree with you.
                          Yes, Vernon Davis isn't worth a damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                            Yes, Vernon Davis isn't worth a damn.
                            I was waiting for someone to mention to say that name lol Thank you...he'd be in the UFL now if it weren't for Singletary and he'd be the first to tell you that. I'm not saying singletary is a great coach but especially if you're Troy Smith, show the man some respect. I do think he could still be a successful coach elsewhere though down the road. I think Singletary's biggest problem is not relating to the modern day athlete, and just look at Troy Smith for evidence. Most of these guys are pampered from their JV days nowadays and it just gets worse everyday. The days of hollering and motivating guys are over..hell Coughlin learned that the way and there was almost a mutiny on the Giants against him from day 1. Singletary is old school and I respect that. The modern NFL player, is not. They're all about diamond earrings and babydolls. He's gotta come to grips with that now.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                              Hahahahaha you have no idea how bad he would be as a D-Coordinator.
                              He's better than Chuck Cecil....

Comment

Who was the last great player to be a decent Head Coach? Ditka pre-New Orleans?

I know several head coaches were ex-NFL players but I don't think any currently were ever even at a pro bowl level with Singletary gone.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information