Coach Of The Year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Of The Year

Thi year there are so many COTY candidates that it could really go two anyone.I have 2 questions.1.Who is your COTY?and 2.If you had a vote what criteria would you use to vote(best record or greatly exceeding expctations?)

To me I have it narrowed to 4 candiates.

Lovie Smith (no one expecred CHI to be a 2 seed in the NFC)

Steve Spagnolo (took STL from 1 win in 2009 to 1 win AWAY from the NFC West Title)

Todd Haley (biggest win differential in KC history from 4 in '09 to 10 so far in '10)

Raheem Morris ( took a team full of rookies and still has them with a chance to make the playoffs)

thoughts?

Either Raheem Morris or Haley for me. Hard to pick between those two.
    Just play me, baby

Comment

Yeah Haley or Morris, but if it was up to me I would take Haley. The Chiefs and Bucs are both going in the right direction but I really like what the Chiefs are doing.

Comment

Definitely Haley or Morris with a slight edge to Haley.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

When does voting end, before or after the playoffs?

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

It will go to Haley, what he has done is remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
              Yeah Haley or Morris, but if it was up to me I would take Haley. The Chiefs and Bucs are both going in the right direction but I really like what the new Patriots are doing.
              fixed it for ya

:p

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

I would give it to Morris; he took the youngest team and gave them confidence to do well vs. the big boys. Plus he coaches in a stronger division, so to have a shot at the playoffs with the age of the roster is remarkable

Comment

Haley does have a good team right now and the difference between the Chiefs of last year and this year is like night and day. But I also think Mike Smith needs some consideration as well, even though he did win it 2 years ago.

Comment

I'd put Spagnuolo up with Haley and Morris, if not ahead of them, if the Rams make the playoffs. From worst team in the NFL to hosting a playoff game, horrible division or not, is astounding - let alone doing so with a rookie QB and meager talent.

As of now though, I'll go with Haley. Should be a really tight race.
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Haley or Smith would make since to me

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

My vote, without hesitation, would be Bill Belichick.

I don't think anyone here can argue that he has the most talented team in the league yet his team is head and shoulders above everybody else. The job he's done with developing his rookies has been exceptional. He's knocked off the NFL's best week after week. Remember, people were legitimately asking if the Pats were giving up on the season, to develop young players for the future and this team has just taken itself up to a whole new level since then. Some of the turnaround team coaches have done a nice job, but I'm confident in saying that no coach this year has gotten more out of the players than Belichick has.

Comment

Haley. That team is impressive. One of the league's best linebacking groups, a balanced and deadly offensive, and winning football games.

Morris played a weak schedule and will miss playoffs.

Spag. is very close. Could make the argument for him. But that division.. c'mon.

Having Lovie on here is silly. That is still a very talented Bears team and Julius Peppers + Urlacher might be the best 1-2 defensively in the NFL. BB would be way ahead of Lovie if you were talking about taking undertalented team to great things. That Pats team probably isn't top 5 in terms of talent, amazing what they've done. (I'd probably put Steelers, Ravens, healthy Packers, New Orleans, and maybe even KC, my god!, ahead of them.)

Also kind of funny. You actually break down the Chiefs right now and they're loaded with talent. Bowe, Charles, Flowers, Hali are all either All-Pros or very close. Add in some other pro-bowl caliber players and they really do have some talent.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Spagnuolo has done a good job in St. Louis, but I don't think you can give him COY when the rams don't even have a winning record, despite playing in a historically bad division.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                              My vote, without hesitation, would be Bill Belichick.

I don't think anyone here can argue that he has the most talented team in the league yet his team is head and shoulders above everybody else. The job he's done with developing his rookies has been exceptional. He's knocked off the NFL's best week after week. Remember, people were legitimately asking if the Pats were giving up on the season, to develop young players for the future and this team has just taken itself up to a whole new level since then. Some of the turnaround team coaches have done a nice job, but I'm confident in saying that no coach this year has gotten more out of the players than Belichick has.
                              how much of that is Belicheck and how much of that is Brady?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information