Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An inconvenient truth for Gore?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors

It is believed agent Drew Rosenhaus is seeking a contract extension that will make San Francisco 49ers' running back Frank Gore among the highest-paid players in the league possibly even No.1.

But the 49ers, who have more than $15 million in salary cap room, are not likely to award Gore the kind of lucrative deal his agent is seeking.

The problem for Gore is that the 49ers have the leverage and are not likely to break the bank for a player with a history of injuries.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it was all ready posted about him wanting a new deal but this is the first I have seen of him wanting that kinda money thoughts?

wow more than LT? Brady? Peyton? Hes not even a top 2 back yet..u cant get 1 good yr and ask for highest paid . thats crap. cmon Gore..use that Hurricane brain baby. be smart

Comment

It is "believed" that Rosenhaus wants that.....not Gore....and its just speculation...

The 49ers do have all the leverage in the negotiations....so the deal will probably be decent but not huge if it gets done and Gore would be smart to get it done with his injury history.

The 49ers want to take care of him, but not go crazy with a huge deal...
      Last edited by MasterShake; 03-20-2007, 08:08 PM.

Comment

we will probally give him a medium sized raise, but not make him the highest paid player in the league, I think thats rediculous if we do. Smartest thing to do would be to give him a 2 year extension then resign him depending on what he does this upcoming year

Comment

I said this earlier, but there is no way the Niners should give him a huge extension right now with that history.

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
            wow more than LT? Brady? Peyton? Hes not even a top 2 back yet..u cant get 1 good yr and ask for highest paid . thats crap. cmon Gore..use that Hurricane brain baby. be smart
            As a 49er fan, I noticed red flags when Frank Gore signed Drew Rosenhaus as his agent.

Comment

Yeah, the Niners want to get Frank his money, since he's been nothing but good to them. But in the end it won't be for something ridiculous like this article suggests-- he'll get an extension for an extra 2-3 years and raise his base salary in the years remaining on his current contract to what you would expect a good starting RB to make. The numbers won't be staggering though.

Comment

He shouldn't even be the highest paid player on his team...

Comment

hold out possibly?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                  @SirStackAlot707

Comment

when he gets 20 tds and 2000yds and stays healthy for 2 straight years sure why not but one good year aint cutinng it

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

blah rosenhaus

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                      <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                      <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

he shood get a beter money. he is awsom!

Comment

Gore should be paid a little better than Willis or right around there.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                            Gore should be paid a little better than Willis or right around there.

no way he is much beter than willis mgchee he shood get dobble his money

Comment

If you're selling a house you don't put the price at what you want, you put it about 20 thousand more than you want, and allow people to haggle you down. Rosenhaus says he wants X number of dollars, but realistically he'll settle for a lot less.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information