Jay Cutler has a MCL sprain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
    So let me get this straight, after being sacked 52 times this year he picks the NFC title game to decide he's too wimpy to play anymore. I dont get the hate really. Cutler was injured, which is differant than just being hurt, the decision of him and the team was he couldnt go, should be end of story.

Just curious why Marquis Pouncey couldnt go with a high ankle sprain, should he be in the discussion?
    Jay Cutler is tougher than Pouncey

Comment

It's a sprain according to Lovie, not a tear.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

It's not my knee, and it wasn't my pain; only Cutler knows what it felt like yesterday. But that said, body language and perception both matter a great deal when you're a leader. You lose a certain amount of credibility. If he couldn't go, he couldn't go but don't sit around on the sideline smoking and joking, find a pair of crutches at least, ****. You have to at least fake being invested in the game, and if he couldn't bring himself to do that stay in the damn locker room. When you're a leader you have to be cognizant of the fact that people will be watching you.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
          So let me get this straight, after being sacked 52 times this year he picks the NFC title game to decide he's too wimpy to play anymore. I dont get the hate really. Cutler was injured, which is differant than just being hurt, the decision of him and the team was he couldnt go, should be end of story.

Just curious why Marquis Pouncey couldnt go with a high ankle sprain, should he be in the discussion?

I agree, all of this hate really is absurd. And for those of you comparing Cutler's injury to River's ACL tear, you're aware Rivers received a cortisone shot, correct? And you're also aware that Cutler can't receive cortisone shots because his blood sugar would skyrocket as a result, right? Seriously, I don't understand how anyone can question Cutler's heart or toughness after the beatings he has taken this past year.

Bottom line is, no one knows Cutler's body's limitations except for Cutler. And for a guy who has taken as many hits in a year as he has to say "okay, I can't play on this knee", I really think you have to take him at his word.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
            It's a sprain according to Lovie, not a tear.
            i think this calls for a thread title change
            Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
            Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

Originally posted by Cunningham View Post
              i think this calls for a thread title change
              Lovie doesn't know his head from his ass, so let's not trust him as a viable source on all things anatomically related.

Comment

ESPN says its a sprain MCL, change the thread title

Comment

I was wondering how people were reporting a tear before the MRI.

Originally posted by WMD
                  Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                  Originally posted by gpngc
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?
                    I know you love Jay Cutler and think the world of him so I will let this comment slide.

Comment

Ugh, I hate to come off as a Cutler apologist, because that's really not my intent. But a Grade III MCL sprain (the same kind that kept Polamalu out last season) involves a tearing of the ligament with significant instability. Whether or not you classify it as a "MCL tear" is picking at straws.

Comment

Originally posted by traced View Post
                        And for those of you comparing Cutler's injury to River's ACL tear, you're aware Rivers received a cortisone shot, correct? And you're also aware that Cutler can't receive cortisone shots because his blood sugar would skyrocket as a result, right?
                        this is a good point

Comment

Yeah, I've no issue with a guy not playing in a game when he's torn something, regardless of the magnitude.

Comment

Cutler is a sissy. I sat on my couch and watched 3 games in a row one day with a sprained ankle.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                              Cutler is a sissy. I sat on my couch and watched 3 games in a row one day with a sprained ankle.
                              If you can stand, you should watch those games.

Comment

I don't know why people are questioning him. I'm sure he would have played if he could. And then to say he looked unmotivated and not into it. Thats Cutler, the guy always looks like that. When he throws a pick or a TD, what you want him to have Manning face? Cutler throws a pick and goes oh well f it, short memory. I don't think I've ever seen Cutler fired up on the sidelines, thats not the type of guy he is. You can't fault him on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information