Schaub traded Houston

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
    a mod has to do it. nvm they just did it.
    Good. Let's keep discussing!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
      It would be disastrous for Carr to go to Oakland. They have lesser weapons right now (if Moss is traded) and an equally bad offensive line. I agree that he needs a change of scenery, though.
      New offense + CJ :D

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
        They have also signed Schaub to a new long-term deal, as per Adam Schefter on NFL Network.
        Any word on money and how long?

Comment

Maybe Raiders will just draft JaMarcus Russell now :)
          Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Houston might have thought that they couldn't land either Brady Quinn in the 1st or Drew Stanton in the 2nd, or more likely considered that they wouldn't get as valuable a player with their 2nd round pick as they would in Schaub (who will become the starter, I would think). The rub in trading for Schaub is that you have to sign him long-term immediately, as he'll hit the open market after 2007 - a matter of fact which I'm sure he and his agent are well aware of.

It's a good deal for Atlanta, putting them in position to get a good DE to replace Kerney, although I would be a bit surprised if the 2nd round pick is all that is acquired (a 2008 conditional pick included, at least?) or if they didn't contact a team with a higher 2nd round pick about the deal with Houston. Particularly the Raiders.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Andre Johnson will be such a fantasy stud (more than usual). Same with Schaub if the Texans can shore up their OL. And if they still do draft AD, then DAMN. That offense could be very good.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I'm guessing Schaub will get decent money to be the starter. My guess is that the Texans already know they can trade Carr somewhere for something. Maybe they move Carr to Oakland for Randy Moss. That might be pretty sick... Get 2 awesome WR's for the corpse of David Carr...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

He could go to Oakland with the fact Kiffin has close ties with Tedford and he was also Carr's QB coach for a year at Fresno State.

Comment

All the talk about the Texans moving up in the draft are now pretty much done, unless they are able to move Carr for a pick. Regardless, I don't think they would have made this deal without having some sort of tentative arrangement in place to move David Carr elsewhere. Teams in need of a QB are Oakland, KC, and Carolina.

Comment

I think the trade makes sense for both teams. I would like to get another pick on top of the second though.

Comment

Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
                        He could go to Oakland with the fact Kiffin has close ties with Tedford and he was also Carr's QB coach for a year at Fresno State.
                        That is a distinct possibility. I'm petrified for what would happen to Carr under Houston's OLine, though...

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                          All the talk about the Texans moving up in the draft are now pretty much done, unless they are able to move Carr for a pick. Regardless, I don't think they would have made this deal without having some sort of tentative arrangement in place to move David Carr elsewhere. Teams in need of a QB are Oakland, KC, and Carolina.
                          I think Herm is happy with Huard and Croyle at least that is what he said in his last PC.

Comment

Coaches and GM's say things all the time. Doesn't mean that the need for a young QB with starting experience, especially a former #1 overall pick, is not there. Carr still has potential, he is tough as nails, and he has skills when you give him time to throw.

Comment

What happened to Schaub not being traded for anything less than a 1st rounder? Where are all the Faclons fans burning things in the streets in an uproar? I could have sworn that I was told multiple times that I "didn't know what I was talking about" when I said they couldn't get a 1st rounder for him.

Humph.

Anyway, it's an interesting trade, but I wonder how much of an upgrade Schaub will be over Carr.

I'm more interested to see where Carr goes now. I would guess it could stretch out untill the draft is over, becuase teams that could be interested (Minnesota, Miami) most likely all have their sights set first on Brady Quinn.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                                I think Herm is happy with Huard and Croyle at least that is what he said in his last PC.
                                What is he supposed to say?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information