Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Double: Is the Draft Duo of Matthews & Raji the best combo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by prock View Post
    That is a legitimate gripe. But when you have fellow fans starting annoying ass threads like this to try and pimp two second year players as the best draft choices of all time (slight hyperbole, but you understand the concept), obviously everyone is going to jump all over it and make fun of Packers fans for being annoying again.
    Just tell him it's not right and move on. I don't see the harm in that. Bringing up injuries has nothing to do with this thread. Even I agree that this thread is ridiculous and won't even be relevant until atleast 8-9 years from now.

There are so many other classes better than Raji and Matthews at this point. Ray Lewis and Jonathan Ogden are just one of many that include two hall of famers or close to it. As we stand right now, we have a rookie of the year/possible DPOTY and a rising NT who could be the best at his position as soon as next year if he keeps improving as this pace. But you can't base a question like this on potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
      Dick Butkus + Gale Sayers

/thread
      Butkus - 9 seasons
      Sayers- 7 seasons (2 were pretty much nothing according to NFL.com stats)

Lewis- 15 seasons
      Ogden- 12 seasons
      (both were pretty consistent throughout their careers and pivotal to their franchise's birth)

Although both Butkus and Sayers were astounding players back in the day, both were not in the modern era of football, and didn't have to compete against the amount physical freaks of today. I'd still take Lewis and Ogden.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein
        Let's all go after J-Mike for starting discussion! Yeah, that's the cool thing to do on NFLDC! What's more annoying is the replies in this thread going after the Packers.
        People are just tired of the blatant Packer homerism from a few of their fans. Everyone isn't just hating on the Packers because it's cool and/or they are jealous the Packers are in the SB. No one likes a thread created to indirectly brag about some ones team. J-Mike just wanted to feed his homer ego by getting other fans to talk about how great the duo of Clay & BJ are. This isn't a conspiracy against the Packers, just no one likes homer threads. Especially if a few fans of one team has a affinity for such. If this was another thread/post made by say a Buc fan talking about Josh Freeman there would be a similar kind of hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
          If he wasn't a Vikings fan, I feel as if this would be less hostile.
          If a packer fan hadn't of just brought up injuries a couple pages ago, I feel like his argument would be a lot more legit.

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            Those picks would have been much better if the Packers didn't have so many injuries.
            This might actually be one of the worst jokes I've ever seen...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
              People are just tired of the blatant Packer homerism from a few of their fans. Everyone isn't just hating on the Packers because it's cool and/or they are jealous the Packers are in the SB. No one likes a thread created to indirectly brag about some ones team. J-Mike just wanted to feed his homer ego by getting other fans to talk about how great the duo of Clay & BJ are. This isn't a conspiracy against the Packers, just no one likes homer threads. Especially if a few fans of one team has a affinity for such. If this was another thread/post made by say a Buc fan talking about Josh Freeman there would be a similar kind of hate.
              Then don't comment in them, or block him, it's as simple as that. These threads really don't have to get to 5 pages every time he makes one...

Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston View Post
                I don't know if he's joking because it's one of the few posts that's logical. Good players can make players around them better.

Comment

Then don't comment in them, or block him, it's as simple as that. These threads really don't have to get to 5 pages every time he makes one...
                  But it is sooooo much more fun to call him out on it and then proceed with Packers injuries jokes.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                  Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Think so? Try being a fan of a team where you get to listen to 2.37 foot jokes per day.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                      I don't know if he's joking because it's one of the few posts that's logical. Good players can make players around them better.
                      I'm pretty sure it was just a bad joke

Hitman D

Comment

This isn't his personal forum. We reserve the right to make fun of people who say stupid things.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                          So who wants to make this Packer Injury Joke Thread. I vote Brent for the quote in my sig. However, others can throw their hat into the ring. But I feel it would be an important thread and all. I would like to be the one to declare that I, yodapoop, brought the influx of bad posters. So SWDC, you're welcome!
                          If you start it, they will come.

...and by "they" I mean me. With injury jokes in picture form.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Monomach View Post

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                                Originally posted by njx9
                                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information