X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFLN: "Colts will cut their ties to Manning before the scouting combine."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ade-weeks-ago/
    http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/01/28/la-c...ade-weeks-ago/

It's Jason La Canfora doing the reporting, so take it with a grain of salt for now.

Thoughts if true?

If he's healthy, he should draw attention from the Jets, Redskins, Dolphins, Cardinals, Seahawks...maybe even the 49ers.

It's going to be a story to pay attention to at least.

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
    If he's healthy, he should draw attention from the Jets, Redskins, Dolphins, Cardinals, Seahawks...maybe even the 49ers.
    The 49ers and Redskins have to be the top 2 candidates. Neither has a QB they are going to commit long term to and both have very good teams.

The Jets have a loud mouth coach and a cancerous team. Peyton will have no part of that.

The Cardinals and Seahawks just don't have the all around talent to be major contenders.

The Dolphins are a nice option.
    **** her in da *****!

Comment

The Cardinals don't have too bad of defense and you can do a lot worse than Fitzgerald to throw to. If they use some picks to help the o-line I think they could make the playoffs next year with Manning.

And Seattle can just throw money at him.

Comment

I'd be okay with Manning in SF.... IF he is 100% healthy.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
          The 49ers and Redskins have to be the top 2 candidates. Neither has a QB they are going to commit long term to and both have very good teams.

The Jets have a loud mouth coach and a cancerous team. Peyton will have no part of that.

The Cardinals and Seahawks just don't have the all around talent to be major contenders.

The Dolphins are a nice option.
          The Seahawks and Cards don't have the all around talent to be major contenders but the Redskins do? Okay then.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
            That won't be an option. Manning will have 10 NFL offices outside of his house begging for him to sign the first day of free agency.

He probably won't "know" until training camp.

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            The Seahawks and Cards don't have the all around talent to be major contenders but the Redskins do? Okay then.
            The Skins D is way better than the Cards or Seahawks.
            **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
              The Skins D is way better than the Cards or Seahawks.
              It's about even with the Cards (though I'd give the edge to Arizona), but the Seahawks definitely have a better D.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

The Redskins secondary blows ass. They have the better two outside pass rushers, but that's really the only edge I'd give them over Arizona.

Plus, no Larry Fitzgerald.

And the Cards did well with the last supposedly "past his prime" veteran QB they had.

Comment

I would say his worst possible option would probably be to sign with the Browns.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                    I would say his worst possible option would probably be to sign with the Browns.
                    Mike Holmgren would call up Manning who would just laugh at him and hang up the phone.

Comment

If he's healthy, biggest F/A signing of the past ten years? Maybe of all time? He would have an enormous impact on a team like the Redskins/Jets/49ers. Hell, any team with a good D needing a QB immediately becomes a Superbowl candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        I don't care if he is healthy come to KC...

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                          I don't care if he is healthy come to KC...
                          Don't let nepg see that you want anyone over Cassel.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                            Don't let nepg see that you want anyone over Cassel.
                            I don't care what a Patriots fan thinks.

Comment

Actually, the Cardinals could be a possibility especially if the rumors of them going after WR DeSean Jackson turn out to be true and they get him and Manning. Manning, Fitzgerald, Jackson and Wells plus a damn good defense. My 49ers will have some serious competition if that happens.

As for my 49ers, I dont want Manning because he's going to demand way too much money and no one knows if/when he'll be healthy plus he's 35 years old. I rather see SF pay Smith $7-$10m a year and use the rest of that money on a WR (D. Jackson, Bowe, V. Jackson, etc.) and a young CB.

My top five teams I think that would go after Manning would be

1) Cowboys

Jerry Jones could possibly make a move to sign Manning just to take a lot of the attention away from the NFC east especially if the Giants beat NE next Sunday. I wouldnt be surprised by this at all. Whether or not they have the cap room for him though remains to be seen.

2) Jets

Ryan would love Manning and he would help them but can you imagine Holmes getting all bitchy at Manning? Oh man, that would be so much fun to watch.

3) Texans

Yeah, they have Schaub but come on, if healthy, Manning would be a huge upgrade and just imagine the Texans possibly winning a SB with Manning.

4) Ravens

Ravens are a veteran team on defense and while Flacco is good, Manning would put them as possible favorites to get to and win next year's SB.

5) Cardinals

They have money, they have Fitzgerald, they have Wells and if they add another receiver to go along with a damn good defense, they could return to the SB.

And while a lot of people think that the 49ers would go after him, I dont see why they would. After all the confidence and everything Harbaugh has shown in Smith, why throw that away especially for a QB who may never even play again. Add in that we have a few top free agents and the money Manning would want and I just dont see it.

And while it only takes one team to sign Manning, I wouldnt be surprised if no team signs him until he passes all health and physical tests and will play on opening day. To me, any team would be taking a huge risk because if he's not healthy enough to play or doesnt play at the same level, that team would be setting themselves back a few years.

No matter what happens, should be interesting and fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information