Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wes Welker the Most Overrated Player in the NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abaddon View Post
    Welker isn't in anyone's top 5 WRs.

Welker isn't spoken of in terms of being a do-it-all threat.

Welker is a guy who has a niche and excels at it.

No one is overrating him that I've seen. He's just damn good at his job.
    That's the thing. Top 5 of what? Most talented or Most productive? I think both are different things. Talent doesn't always translate into production. Welker was the most productive WR this past season. He may not be # 1 in talent, but when it came to productivity he was # 1.

So I find that very interesting between talent vs productivity. What a fan rather have? Elite talent or elite productivity?

Comment

Originally posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
      This article is horrible, and unprofessional. It seems like it is simply a list of people he hates, and I fail to see how anyone could take anything he says seriously.

Hell, his basis for putting Vick on there is that "He's not much of a runner anymore." Seriously? VICK RUNS TOO MUCH! VICK DOESN'T RUN ENOUGHZZZ!

Never mind the fact he averaged a full YPC more than last year.

He calls out Brandon Marshall's inability to WIN FOOTBALL GAMES. As a wide receiver.

Who actually thinks that Turner is an elite back anymore? Who actually thinks Blount ever was? Then, his reference for backing up his claim that Welker is overrated, is a quote from a forum mod of his. Excuse me for not actually giving a **** what the moderator of your forum thinks.
      I agree with this assesment.

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
      I hate when someone "smart and crafty" uses that to their advantage. I would prefer an average player in all systems than the guy who decided to be great in my system.

I think it's down right stupid for anyone to show appreciation for a player making the most of the opportunity he was given. In fact, if I was Wes Welker, I would demand a trade to prove myself outside of that New England system and to get away from a future hall of fame candidate in Tom Brady.

It really makes you wonder what Bill Belichick was even thinking when he signed this guy. Once again, he aimlessly threw a dart at a board and got lucky. He probably had no idea what Welker could do and how he was going to use him in his system. Bill is just fortunate it all worked out, because it was a pretty stupid move to trade a 2nd and 7th round pick for such an overrated ball-dropping machine like Wes.
      Why the crap does it matter how a player does in other teams systems? You want the best players that can play in your system.

Originally posted by Abaddon View Post
      Welker isn't in anyone's top 5 WRs.

Welker isn't spoken of in terms of being a do-it-all threat.

Welker is a guy who has a niche and excels at it.

No one is overrating him that I've seen. He's just damn good at his job.
      Agreed.

Comment

I stopped reading and started to skim and laugh after the Marshall being #5, which is complete nonsense. The Dolphins don't have an offense without him and he is a hell of a player. Nimwitted and a premadona sure, but a great wide receiver. Also, he just tore Vick a new one from what I skimmed. Welcome to the club u are now the last and prolly will be the last to bring up the whole dog fighting and all. I will not defend his actions, but dude is a good football player as well. Most versatile QB in the game besides Aaron Rodgers (meaning he can throw and scamble/run around). He also mentioned Jermichael Finley, in the honorable mention. SMH. And no Wes Welker is NOT overrated, he is just damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
          Why the crap does it matter how a player does in other teams systems? You want the best players that can play in your system.
          Your sarcasm detector seems quite clearly broken.

Comment

Welker is no where near overrated. No one pegs him as a #1 WR. He plays in the slot in New England 90% of the time it seems.

I think this article lacks credibility because somehow, Tim Tebow doesn't make the list.

Comment

The stats Welker puts up is what makes him seem overrated. He only really runs short routes and he has Tom Brady hitting him in stride all the time so this leads to inflated catch and yard totals.

But he is great at his job and it's not like anyone ever says hes as good as Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald or anything so I don't see him as a player being overrated.

He's very valuable to the Pats and any team would love to have him, he's just not an all time great receiver that his stats might indicate.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information