Argument...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argument...

I got into an argument with my brother about who's D-Line is better, the Falcon's, or the Viking's, of course, I think both are great, but the Falcon's looks like it's going to be real beast this year, so I decided I would make a thread about it to see what you all think, so, which D-Line is better and why??? I will post the players on the D-Lines below. Also I'm talking about which D-Line is better now, not in the future.

RE - John Abraham vs. Kenechi Udezi
    DT - Rod Coleman vs. Kevin Williams
    DT - Darryl Shropshire vs. Pat Williams
    LE - Patrick Kerney vs. Erasmus James

Wow, definitely hard DK. Obviously, Minnesota has elite DTs, maybe the best pair in a given defense, especially for that Cover 2. But, with Abraham, Falcons ends have a lot of experience and are really really good. Hmmm, I need to think about this one...

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93
      Wow, definitely hard DK. Obviously, Minnesota has elite DTs, maybe the best pair in a given defense, especially for that Cover 2. But, with Abraham, Falcons ends have a lot of experience and are really really good. Hmmm, I need to think about this one...
      Jacksonville is the only team I can think of with better DT's, but Rod Coleman at least stacks up against them, Minnesota's ends don't stand a chance against ATL's.

Comment

I'd think Babineaux is going to get a chance at the 2nd starting DT spot this season. I went with the Falcons on this.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

hmm... my view
          RE - John Abraham > Kenechi Udeze
          UT - Rod Coleman = Kevin Williams
          NT - Darryl Shropshire <<< Pat Williams (but Shropshire has potential to make it equal)
          LE - Patrick Kerney >>> Erasmus James

Atlanta in a close one.

Owner of ScarDraft
          Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

RE - John Abraham vs. Kenechi Udezi : Abraham
            DT - Rod Coleman vs. Kevin Williams : Williams
            DT - Darryl Shropshire vs. Pat Williams : Williams
            LE - Patrick Kerney vs. Erasmus James : Kerney

Its dead even for me.

Comment

Originally posted by scar988
              hmm... my view
              RE - John Abraham > Kenechi Udeze
              UT - Rod Coleman = Kevin Williams
              NT - Darryl Shropshire <<< Pat Williams (but Shropshire has potential to make it equal)
              LE - Patrick Kerney >>> Erasmus James

Atlanta in a close one.
              That's how I thought of it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610
                I'd think Babineaux is going to get a chance at the 2nd starting DT spot this season. I went with the Falcons on this.
                too bad he won't. our DT's run in a NT-UT setup. Coleman is 285. Babs is 286. thsoe 2 will nto be our starting DT's together. especially since they play the same position. here is how our DL will stack up:

LE - Kerney (70%)/Davis (30%)
                UT - Coleman(70%)/Babineaux(30%)
                NT - Shropshire(50%)/Lavalais(25%)/Lake(25%)
                RE - Abraham(70%)/Davis(15%)/Babineaux(15%)

% is the amount of snaps they will get at that position.

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

Originally posted by Vikings Fan
                  RE - John Abraham vs. Kenechi Udezi : Abraham
                  DT - Rod Coleman vs. Kevin Williams : Williams
                  DT - Darryl Shropshire vs. Pat Williams : Williams
                  LE - Patrick Kerney vs. Erasmus James : Kerney

Its dead even for me.
                  thats how i see it too

but since i still love abe, i might give the edge to ATL

Comment

The Falcons have the better DEs but the Vikings have the better DTs. If the Falcons had any type of NT, I would give it to them, but I'm gonna go with the Vikings. Kevin Williams is a top 3 DT and Pat is a monster inside. Udeze is rock solid and James is one of my favorite players from the '05 draft. Kerney and Abraham are a nasty duo though.

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

Williams is not better than Coleman. Coleman is amazing against the pass and average against the run. where Williams is above average in both. now... the ratings I would give would be this:
                      Coleman - Pass:10 - Run:6 - OVR:8
                      Williams - Pass:8 - Run:8 - OVR:8

Owner of ScarDraft

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                        The Vikings have the better DEs but the Vikings have the better DTs. If the Falcons had any type of NT, I would give it to them, but I'm gonna go with the Vikings. Kevin Williams is a top 3 DT and Pat is a monster inside. Udeze is rock solid and James is one of my favorite players from the '05 draft. Kerney and Abraham are a nasty duo though.
                        The Vikings have the better DE's but the Vikings have the better DT's??? :?

Comment

Originally posted by Draft King
                          Originally posted by draftguru151
                          The Vikings have the better DEs but the Vikings have the better DTs. If the Falcons had any type of NT, I would give it to them, but I'm gonna go with the Vikings. Kevin Williams is a top 3 DT and Pat is a monster inside. Udeze is rock solid and James is one of my favorite players from the '05 draft. Kerney and Abraham are a nasty duo though.
                          The Vikings have the better DE's but the Vikings have the better DT's??? :?
                          DG is bad typer

Follow Me on Twitter!
                          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I cannot with good conscience place the immensly talented but inconsistent Kevin Williams over a very very good Coleman. If Kevin Williams can play like 2004 for the rest of his career he is the best DT in the NFL. However, he hasn't proven he can. To be perfectly honest, I think the Viking's line has more talent on its side, but Udeze and James don't blow me away yet.

I'm gonna give this one to the Falcons.

Comment

Atlanta better outside Vikings better inside.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information