No announcement yet.

Michael Turner - Bills or Titans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does this guy not start (other than the fact that he's been playing behind L.T.)? Is he fragile or something? I've always liked Turner. He should be taking the lion's share of carries for somebody instead of burning up years waiting for 3rd down.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      Why does this guy not start (other than the fact that he's been playing behind L.T.)? Is he fragile or something? I've always liked Turner. He should be taking the lion's share of carries for somebody instead of burning up years waiting for 3rd down.
      How can you say "other than the fact that he's been playing behind LT". Can you please explain what better reason there is for him to not start. Are you suggesing we start him instead of LT? I don't understand your post, he go a hefty amount of carries for a backup last year, and was the feature back in college where he broke all kinds of records and carried the load for his team. He is in no way fragile, he's a bruise, and he will be an excellent back in this league.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
        Why does this guy not start (other than the fact that he's been playing behind L.T.)? Is he fragile or something?
        Playing behind LT is enough. Any back in the league would be in Turner's situation. Although a two headed attack with Steven Jackson and LT might be pretty goddam awesome.

Comment

Turner officialy in Buffalo:
          http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4697

Comment

I agree with OzTitan. While I would like to get Turner, he's more likely to land in Buffalo because they have a higher draft position. Willis McGahee went for two 3rd rounders, correct? So a 2nd for Turner would be the right value, if not generous. And if it came down to swapping 1st round picks, #12>#19. Plus, the new Titans GM doesn't seem too willing to throw money around, so he's less likely to throw around draft picks.

Either way, this is sending a major message to LenDale: Fatty, fatty, two-by-four. Can't fit through the Titans training camp facility door.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by myinnerself View Post
              I think 19 is a real rough spot for the Chargers to move into. We could get a nice receiver at 30 if that's what we wanted, but I think who we covet might be Reggie Nelson. If we could get that 12 from the Bills it would be HUGE.
              That would be one of the sickest D's in the league next year if they got Nelson. Merrimen to rush, Nelson to pick, along with Jammer, Cromartie, Castillo, and the rest of them. Siiiick!

Comment

I hope the Titans don't end up with him, he has yet to proven anything (same as White), i would rather resign CB anyday over trading down and grabing Turner.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                  That would be one of the sickest D's in the league next year if they got Nelson. Merrimen to rush, Nelson to pick, along with Jammer, Cromartie, Castillo, and the rest of them. Siiiick!

Jamal Williams, Igor Olshansky, Shaun Phillips...

Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by smittyjs View Post
                    I hope the Titans don't end up with him, he has yet to proven anything (same as White), i would rather resign CB anyday over trading down and grabing Turner.
                    Turner is a better runningback than Marshawn Lynch and he's a class guy. He has also shown that he can do well in the NFl, even if it is as a backup role. The reasons why teams are interested in him, and why he is worth at least a first rounder, is because he's still young, has no injury concerns, no character concerns, and like I just said has shown great vision and speed against NFL players. The most important thing that every GM looks at is future potential, and Turner has that in spades.

Comment

In this case, Turner being unproven is actually a good thing. That's the only thing that makes him halfway affordable.

What the guy has done on the field is amazing...but behind LT, he simply hasn't gotten the reps.

Had he gotten the reps, and proven himself as a 1500+ yard RB, then he'd be in the same class as guys like Larry Johnson, Stephen Jackson, Shaun Alexander, etc....and yes, even LT.

How much would it cost to trade for one of those guys? A first and a third? Nope. More like multiple first-round picks, some 2nd and 3rd round picks thrown in, and possibly a quality player or two included with the deal.

Yes, the asking price for Turner is steep. But once he's proven himself as a guy who can carry the load, it will take one of those insane blockbuster deals to get him, if he's available at all.

(Turner may not have proven he can be a 20+ carry RB, but he's proven more than any draft prospect in the history of the league.)

Comment

Bills.

plz.

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by zoinks View Post
                          In this case, Turner being unproven is actually a good thing. That's the only thing that makes him halfway affordable.

What the guy has done on the field is amazing...but behind LT, he simply hasn't gotten the reps.

Had he gotten the reps, and proven himself as a 1500+ yard RB, then he'd be in the same class as guys like Larry Johnson, Stephen Jackson, Shaun Alexander, etc....and yes, even LT.

How much would it cost to trade for one of those guys? A first and a third? Nope. More like multiple first-round picks, some 2nd and 3rd round picks thrown in, and possibly a quality player or two included with the deal.

Yes, the asking price for Turner is steep. But once he's proven himself as a guy who can carry the load, it will take one of those insane blockbuster deals to get him, if he's available at all.

(Turner may not have proven he can be a 20+ carry RB, but he's proven more than any draft prospect in the history of the league.)
                          When the hawks had Alexander on the trade block, they didn't receive an offer for more than a second round pick, the same thing with the Cols and James a few seasons back. He has yet to proven anything to me, so what he breaks off a huge gain against the defense after LT has wore them down. RB is one of the easy thing a team can fill, I would lose alot of respect for this Titans team if they trade for Turner.

Comment

When the hawks had Alexander on the trade block, they didn't receive an offer for more than a second round pick, the same thing with the Cols and James a few seasons back. He has yet to proven anything to me, so what he breaks off a huge gain against the defense after LT has wore them down. RB is one of the easy thing a team can fill, I would lose alot of respect for this Titans team if they trade for Turner.
                            Those guys had wear and tear on them, Turner has viruatlly none. He is all upside.

Comment

LOL you'll be running out to buy his jersey after the first time he gashes the Colts for a buck fifty and two scores.

Comment

Originally posted by DonWoods33 View Post
                                LOL you'll be running out to buy his jersey after the first time he gashes the Colts for a buck fifty and two scores.
                                Who didn't run on the Colts last year?? I might even buy a Ron Dayne Jersey when i'm out.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information