No announcement yet.

Atlanta signs Joey Harrington

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm disappointed, I thought he would be the next great CFL QB.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      I don't think anyone even cares about Shockley, let alone hates him.
      And there you have it.

He gets hype because 1) He's a recognizable name from college 2) He's a hometown boy 3) Because of this, Vick haters like to latch on him as a possible different option.

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
        I agree with the move to bring in some guys at QB because Vick is alway 1 play away from going down with a injury. I just don't see why everyone hates shockley so much. The only time he had a chance to play was pre season and he played very good then.
        If by "hate," you mean those who know he's destined to be cut, then I am a "hater" I guess.

Comment

I'm not saying shockley should be the starter or anothing like that. I just think if he can develop for another year or 2 he could grow into a atleast a very capable backup. But I don't maybe thats just me being a homer talking

Comment

I don't see how anyone can be confident in Harrington. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad signing as he's certainly an upgrade over D.J Shockley, but if Vick is hurt or doesn't fufill his potential they are toast.

By the way, I can't wait for Scorchin to get on, his two favorite people.
            You can say that about pretty much any team losing their starter. I mean, really... Harrington is a top 15 back-up in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
              You can say that about pretty much any team losing their starter. I mean, really... Harrington is a top 15 back-up in the NFL.

I'd say he's even better than top 15 in terms of backup QBs.

Comment

For all those that are saying "good signing", he did lose out to Cleo Lemon...

Comment

wooot! Atlanta ftsb!!! I actually think that DJ Shockley is a better QB for the Falcons as a backup than Harrington. His play is more similar to Vick's and there would be less adjustments.

Comment

now, the falcons need to put vick in bubble wrap

credit to cardsalltheway

Comment

Originally posted by BehrenMan007 View Post
                      now, the falcons need to put vick in bubble wrap
                      Did you come up with that all on your own? If so, how long did it take for you to brainstorm that one?

Comment

good pick up

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I don't see how anyone can be confident in Harrington. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad signing as he's certainly an upgrade over D.J Shockley, but if Vick is hurt or doesn't fufill his potential they are toast.

By the way, I can't wait for Scorchin to get on, his two favorite people.
                          For once I agree with you.

Harrington is nothing to get excited about. If Vick goes down, then the Falcons are screwed.
                          Last edited by Ace; 04-09-2007, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Well let's hope Vick isn't awful this season, so that we don't hafta even worry about ol Joey taking the helm. Not a bad signing though.

Comment

good pickup, its better than bledsoe

Comment

solid backup in case Vick gets hurt

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information