Eli is a cry baby.
    Big Ben is a steal.

This is how I feel today.

Rivers will be the best QB.
    Eli is a cry baby.
    Big Ben is a steal.

haha.. nah, seriously...

Rivers is playing really well.
    Eli is a cry baby and has a short tongue that irritates me when I see him talk.
    Big Ben is already washed up, but the investment in him has already paid off. It's time to start looking for the future QB in Pittsburgh.

Thats why he's had three of the best games of his career this year right?

I'd love to hear how you can be washed up at age 24.
    14 INTs in 8 games, maybe?

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Concord83
      okay so here are rivers and lt/turner:
      274 pass attempts/244 rush attempts
      13 pass td/16 rush td

eli and tiki/jacobs:
      293pass attempts/251 rush attempts
      15 pass td/7 rush td

The Chargers run the ball 47% of the time

The Giants run the ball 46% of the time

Not a big enough stat to really say there's much of a difference.
      You gotta take those stats in context. We are a pass first, run 2nd team. SD is a run first team. We come out with 3 WRs, and run cutbacks, draw plays on nickel defenses, SD runs on 8 man fronts and passes against 8 man fronts. Those numbers don't reflect the entire truth. 2 different systems with totally different responsibilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12
        Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
        Originally posted by D-Unit
        This is how I felt on draft day.

Eli is a cry baby.
        Big Ben is a steal.

Eli is a cry baby.
        Big Ben is a steal.

haha.. nah, seriously...

Big Ben is already washed up, but the investment in him has already paid off. It's time to start looking for the future QB in Pittsburgh.

How does that make him washed up? He has played in 8 games this year. You can hardly say that he is washed up because he had a bad half of a season.

Just look at how he torched the Saints, Falcons and KC. He played two years at a very high level. You have to give him atleast that long of playing this badly to say he was a fluke.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
          Originally posted by Staubach12
          Originally posted by D-Unit
          This is how I felt on draft day.

Eli is a cry baby.
          Big Ben is a steal.

Eli is a cry baby.
          Big Ben is a steal.

haha.. nah, seriously...

How does that make him washed up? He has played in 8 games this year. You can hardly say that he is washed up because he had a bad half of a season.

Just look at how he torched the Saints, Falcons and KC. He played two years at a very high level. You have to give him atleast that long of playing this badly to say he was a fluke.
          Ben is proving the haters wrong. He had some bad games, but as he gets more experience with a bigger workload, you can see the progress in his game. By the season's end, he'll have progressed in his new role quite nicely, and will come back in 07 with a vengence.

Comment

• I think Fantasy Football stats are the best guage of a player.

So that means Eli, Phillip....

....and then Ben.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
              Whats missed in this entire conversion is how many late game comebacks Eli has had compared to his counterparts. Eli always plays better in the 4th, and some of his late game heroics have not been duplicated by both Rivers and Ben. Some of his plays were simply amazing. He may not be as consistent as Rivers at this point in his career, but he is definately more of a late game qb then both Ben and Rivers, and has shown more moxy than both of them in key moments in the 4th in close games.

I think the true test for Rivers will be against Denver. Now he finally plays a real team, let's see what he's made of.

Didn't the Chargers just score 42 points in the second half, on the road, when down by three touchdowns? In which, Rivers was the catalyst.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                Whats missed in this entire conversion is how many late game comebacks Eli has had compared to his counterparts. Eli always plays better in the 4th, and some of his late game heroics have not been duplicated by both Rivers and Ben. Some of his plays were simply amazing. He may not be as consistent as Rivers at this point in his career, but he is definately more of a late game qb then both Ben and Rivers, and has shown more moxy than both of them in key moments in the 4th in close games.

I think the true test for Rivers will be against Denver. Now he finally plays a real team, let's see what he's made of.

Didn't the Chargers just score 42 points in the second half, on the road, when down by three touchdowns? In which, Rivers was the catalyst.
                1. It was against the Bengals, the fantasy football elixer of all offensive players
                2. LT scored 4 TDs in that game, it wasn't Phillip carrying the offense, they still ran the ball like hell.
                3. I cede the point that he led the team and had his first comeback, but was it as impressive as Eli's vs the Eagles? Or Eli vs the Broncos? Or Eli vs the Cowboys last year (lost in OT with the coin flip)? Eli has done it more often, and against impressive defenses. I just need to see more from Phillip in terms of building his resume.

His true test comes this week. We'll know what he's made of this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver

1. It was against the Bengals, the fantasy football elixer of all offensive players
                  2. LT scored 4 TDs in that game, it wasn't Phillip carrying the offense, they still ran the ball like hell.
                  3. I cede the point that he led the team and had his first comeback, but was it as impressive as Eli's vs the Eagles? Or Eli vs the Broncos? Or Eli vs the Cowboys last year (lost in OT with the coin flip)? Eli has done it more often, and against impressive defenses. I just need to see more from Phillip in terms of building his resume.

How many more chances has Eli had than Rivers?

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151

How many more chances has Eli had than Rivers?
                    Thats very true. And I won't hold it against Rivers, but at the same time thats partly the reason why Im not ready to crown Rivers either. He simply has not played enough for us to crown him. Im really interested in seeing what he does against Denver. Finally, his true test comes. Let's see what he got. He should do well, because I think their blitzing defense can be picked apart because of their complete lack of rush from their front 4.

Comment

• While Rivers has looked good I think he is being greatly overhyped. He has only played 9 games.

People were calling Ben a fluke after his first two years in the league that he played at a high level. Why isn't Rivers still considered a fluke considering he's only played 9 games and also has the best RB and TE in the game at his dispossal and has yet to beat a .500 team.

Comment

While Rivers has looked good I think he is being greatly overhyped. He has only played 9 games.

People were calling Ben a fluke after his first two years in the league that he played at a high level. Why isn't Rivers still considered a fluke considering he's only played 9 games and also has the best RB and TE in the game at his dispossal and has yet to beat a .500 team.
                        Because he is playing extremely well and leading this team. Big Ben was kind of a product of that team, while Rivers isn't.

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

looks like someone didn't watch the game.

edited to add: i would hardly call running the ball 38% of the time "running like hell." i WOULD say throwing the ball 62% of the time throwing like hell though.

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151
                            While Rivers has looked good I think he is being greatly overhyped. He has only played 9 games.

Because he is playing extremely well and leading this team. Big Ben was kind of a product of that team, while Rivers isn't.
                            Ben definately played extremly well. The main reason that he wasn't leading the team in his first year starting is that he was a rookie and Rivers now gets to wait until his 3rd year in the league to start his first game. Plus Rivers has as good if not better supporting cast as Ben had in 2004 when he went 14-0 as a starter.

I just think it is way to early to Rivers' success when he has the best RB and TE in the game to play with.

Comment

• All three guys have been given quite the supporting cast. While Rivers does play with the best RB and TE in the league, Eli has probably has the number 2 or 3 best RB in the league, a borderline top ten WR in the league, an above average #2 WR and a borderline top 5 TE in the league. Big Ben has a top ten WR in the league, the best OL of the group and a very good RB. All three guys are lucky they weren't dealt JP Losman or Alex Smith hands.

Rivers has played virtually flawless for 9 games this season. Do I want to see it for an entire season? Sure, but I've been waiting for Eli and Ben to put together a consistenct season as well.

If Rivers stumbles some of the next few games then I think he falls back into the group. Ben and Eli are capable of some wonderful games but they are also prone to making some key mistakes and a prone to pretty awful games. However, if you've watched Rivers any of the season, I think you'll see that it's pretty unlikely he will have a disaster game.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151

Ben definately played extremly well. The main reason that he wasn't leading the team in his first year starting is that he was a rookie and Rivers now gets to wait until his 3rd year in the league to start his first game. Plus Rivers has as good if not better supporting cast as Ben had in 2004 when he went 14-0 as a starter.

I just think it is way to early to Rivers' success when he has the best RB and TE in the game to play with.
                                If Ben was a product of the system, then so is Eli and Rivers.

Rivers has to throw to Gates, and LT. Occasionally, McCardell or Floyd. It's not like he doesn't have the top Skills guys of the 3.

Not to mention he has the best defense, so there's no pressure to win from behind almost every game. Very few games have they been behind.

Eli has the next best Skills guys. Plaxico and Toomer are a great duo, I'd love for ben to have a big target. I wish Plax played as hard as he does in NY for Pit. And Tiki, he's the 2nd best RB in the league.

Ben, Has an oline, and it's shown this year that his WR's are starting to show flaws, they can't catch or get open. On 5 occasions, Ben threw a perfect pass this season, to a guy that should've made the catch. The next play he threw an INT, because he was the only one making the effort.

Ben has been the only shining spot this season. He had some trouble getting started, but his defense has not done anything. He has to score 40+ points a game to ensure a win. And he's not effective when he can't get on the field because of Special teams play. although .. 433 yards against Denvers "Shut Down" Defense was pretty sweet. Take away the 3 fumbles, and that game was very much pittsburghs.

not to mention San Diego has played squat for Competition:

Wins:
                                Oakland
                                Tennessee
                                Pittsburgh
                                San Francisco
                                St. Louis
                                Cleveland
                                Cincinnatti

Losses:
                                Kansas City
                                Baltimore.

Outside of Pitt and Cincy and the inconsistant St. Louis Rams... I think thats a little unfair to compare Rivers to Eli or Ben at the moment.

Everyone says Bens a game manager... Fine

I'll take a Superbowl ring.. 29-10 record in the regular season for 3 years, with 2 AFC Championship trips.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information