Best Units in NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    I believe that the starting secondary on the Eagles and the Ravens is better than Dallas. Saying that Roy Williams is an intimidator doesn't make him less incompetent in coverage. Newman is a top 5 CB, and Henry is very good. Adding Hamlin helps, but he has some coverage issues as well. I think Dallas has a very good run defending secondary, but their deep pass coverage and help is not there, IMO.
    Roy Williams
    337tack/6.5sack/17int/3td/33passdefensed

Ed Reed
    328tack/4sack/27int/3td/36passdefensed

Putting Roy up against the best S in the game...doesn't look half bad to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
      Why is Jason Taylor included in the LB debate?
      He play LB in the 3-4?

Comment

Why is Jason Taylor included in the LB debate?
        Taylor played a flex DE/LB in the Miami scheme. I think he will stick with that role under Cameron.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
          um no.

Suggs + Pryce > Ogun/Brown
          Um yes. I'm pretty sure Anderson had double digit sacks last year, if i recall correctly. I'll take Chicago's interior lineman over Baltimores any day.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Taylor played a flex DE/LB in the Miami scheme. I think he will stick with that role under Cameron.
            Oh okay, don't watch the dolphins all that closely, just thought he was always a DE...my mistake.

Comment

exactly

over 75% of the time he is in a OLB position as we play a 75% 3-4 and 4-3 the other 25% of the time.

So primarily he is in the LB core for our team. :)

yep, We signed Don Capers to the largest contract for an assistant in the NFL to keep running the system since it has been good for us so far.

Comment

Oh okay, don't watch the dolphins all that closely, just thought he was always a DE...my mistake.
                no worries commonly people think that :) He has been doing this role for 2 years now.

I dont know if we are the best LB core but I think we get into the debate at least (or mentioned at least :) ).

Those Denver linebackers are pretty scary for a group.

Comment

Can any dolphins fan tell me why Taylor only had 2.5 sacks his 3rd year in the league...after putting up 5 and 9 the year before and 14.5 the year after.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsfan79 View Post
                    no worries commonly people think that :) He has been doing this role for 2 years now.

I dont know if we are the best LB core but I think we get into the debate at least (or mentioned at least :) ).

Those Denver linebackers are pretty scary for a group.
                    Yeah that certainly puts them in that debate, especially if Porter can play like he did 2-3 years ago. If Wilhelm and Cooper had proved more before this season, I would be pushing for San Diego at LB, but we'll have to wait until after the season for that one :)

Comment

I recall that Taylor had a shoulder injury that he played through, but I cannot remember what year this was. I'll leave it to the Phins fans.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                        Can any dolphins fan tell me why Taylor only had 2.5 sacks his 3rd year in the league...after putting up 5 and 9 the year before and 14.5 the year after.
                        He was playing on a bum ankle and a sprained knee all year. (I believe it was later found to be broken in one or two places). He also had a broken Collarbone too and missed some games for that then as well earlier on in the year. If you are talking about 1999? The last year of Jimmy/Danny :(

That was the year we went to the playoffs and beat Seattle then flew back across country. I drove up to jacksonville and I dont remember much after that. I spent over 300 in beer that day because I wanted to drink myself to oblivion after a certain game.

That was the last year he actually missed a game I believe. He has a streak of like over 98 straight games or over 100 games now played a in. Pretty durable now for a DE/OLB.

Be interesting to see how long he goes, but this is off-topic :)
                        Last edited by Finsfan79; 04-24-2007, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                          Roy Williams
                          337tack/6.5sack/17int/3td/33passdefensed

Ed Reed
                          328tack/4sack/27int/3td/36passdefensed

Putting Roy up against the best S in the game...doesn't look half bad to me.
                          might have been missed earlier

Comment

If you put forth those stats, you are absolutely correct. However, how many times was Roy absolutely beaten on a deep route where he bit on a PA so badly, that he was out of the play completely? How often was Roy put out there to cover a slot WR or a TE or a RB? BBD is right. You have to look at metrics as a somewhat helpful tool rather than a real solution to a debate. Roy Williams is a very good player and a ridiculous tackler, but his pass cover skills are very suspect.

Comment

Those stats don't involve the players presence and how it is felt by the other team.
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                                Um yes. I'm pretty sure Anderson had double digit sacks last year, if i recall correctly. I'll take Chicago's interior lineman over Baltimores any day.
                                Then give me Baltimore's interior lineman EVERYDAY! Kelly Gregg, Trevor Pryce, Haloti Ngata, Justin Bannan, Dwan Edwards, Terrell Suggs on certain plays, yeah thats a hell of a line. Not to mention what Dan Cody will do since when healthy he has played all over the line and whatever draft picks come in.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information